Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The process of individuation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Porcelain Doll

Porcelain Doll

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:51 PM

I've found tons of commentary and discussion about Jung's process of individuation. My question is does this process (persona-the shadow-anima/animus-old wise man/great mother) repeat itself during one's lifetime or is the process complete once The Self is realized through these stages?

"People like you and me never grow old. We never cease to stand like curious children before the great mystery into which we were born."
--Albert Einstein

#2    eight bits

eight bits

• 7,016 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:21 AM

I've found tons of commentary and discussion about Jung's process of individuation.

There's tons out there, that's for sure.

I think individuation is an open-ended thing. The issue is not so much repetition, but ever finishing the job in the first place.

Some people believe that Maslow's "self-actualization" is substantially the same as Jung's individuation. If that's so, then Maslow's version of the story may be more unequivocal and easier to turn into a coherent "process" than Jung's, which developed over decades and whose parts are not all consistent with each other.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users