Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sarah Palin being blessed 'against witchcraft

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,318 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

Video shows Sarah Palin being blessed 'against witchcraft'

Philippe Naughton

A grainy YouTube video has surfaced showing Sarah Palin being blessed in her hometown church three years ago by a Kenyan pastor who prayed for her protection from “witchcraft" as she prepared to seek higher office.

The video shows Ms Palin, John McCain's surprise pick as the Republican vice-presidential candidate, standing before Bishop Thomas Muthee in the pulpit of the Wasilla Assembly of God church, holding her hands open as he asked Jesus Christ to keep her safe from “every form of witchcraft”.

“Come on, talk to God about this woman. We declare, save her from Satan,” Bishop Muthee said as two attendants placed their hands on Ms Palin’s shoulders.

“Make her way my God. Bring finances her way even for the campaign in the name of Jesus. ... Use her to turn this nation the other way around.”

Ms Palin filed campaign papers a few months later, in October 2005, and was elected governor the next year. She does not say anything on the video and keeps her head bowed throughout the blessing.

The Republican vice-presidential candidate was baptised at the church but stopped attending regularly in 2002. A spokesman for the McCain campaign declined to comment although the Associated Press reported that a person who answered the phone at the Wasilla church confirmed the video was from May 2005.

Pentecostals are conservative in their reading of the Bible and unlike most other Christians - including most evangelicals - they believe in “baptism in the Holy Spirit”. That can manifest itself through speaking in tongues, modern-day prophesy and faith healing, which includes the laying on of hands.

Maria Comella, a spokeswoman for the McCain-Palin campaign, has said that Ms Palin, who was baptised as a Roman Catholic as a newborn, attends different churches and does not consider herself Pentecostal.

Full story, source: The Times

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Pandora.

Pandora.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

• "The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage" ~Mark Russell

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:38 PM

That's actually not funny; It's scary!

Can't resist though: What was she actually afraid of? That members of the opposition party would secretly sacrifice a moose, chanting & dancing around a petroleum lamp out in the damp, cold pine forests?

Calm down. What happens, happens mostly without you.

Josef Albers

click George Carlin on Natural Disasters

click The Ballad of Sarah Palin

#3    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:53 PM

Its worked hasnt it? look at all of the people bewitched to think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread...It seems the only stipulation is that she cant answer questions on camera or it begins to wear off...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#4    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

ohmy.gif

My jaw won't come up... she did WHAT?!!! Maybe that's why MSNBC's voodoo doll didn't work... hmm.gif

#5    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:43 AM

I dont see the problem here. She was probably just trying to drum up support from that population....

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#6    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,993 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:34 AM

InHuman on Sep 25 2008, 09:43 PM, said:

I dont see the problem here. She was probably just trying to drum up support from that population....

Witches?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#7    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:37 AM

Crap man... had I known.. I wouldn't have casted that spell on her.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#8    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:51 AM

She's witch I tell you - she turned me into a Newt!

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#9    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:58 AM

MasterPo on Sep 26 2008, 04:51 AM, said:

She's witch I tell you - she turned me into a Newt!

Hells dude.. I'd have turned you into something more worth my while..  Use you're imagination on that one. wink2.gif

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and

#10    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

Pandora. on Sep 25 2008, 04:38 PM, said:

That's actually not funny; It's scary!

Can't resist though: What was she actually afraid of? That members of the opposition party would secretly sacrifice a moose, chanting & dancing around a petroleum lamp out in the damp, cold pine forests?

YES! Democrats and the Libs will do anything to destroy her!

#11    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

Actually.. she's doing that job all on her own.

#12    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:20 AM

SilverCougar on Sep 28 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

Actually.. she's doing that job all on her own.

Then you have to tell that to those who keeps investigating her and posting character assasination stuff .

#13    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 29 September 2008 - 02:42 AM

AROCES on Sep 28 2008, 09:20 PM, said:

Then you have to tell that to those who keeps investigating her and posting character assasination stuff .

Yes, and mccains people dont have anyone going after obama?

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#14    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:05 AM

AROCES on Sep 29 2008, 03:20 AM, said:

Again, she's doing it to herself.  Not those posting such things about her's fault that she gives them the ammunition in spades.  It's the same with Biden.  *shrugs*  The cons go after him and Obama in full force, yet apparently it's uncool to go after Palin.

That's double standard right there.

(Oh and before you even go that rout..  I make fun of Biden when he hands out ammunition against him too.))

#15    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:13 AM

Fluffybunny on Sep 29 2008, 03:42 AM, said:

Yes, and mccains people dont have anyone going after obama?

Oh they do, it's election time!

But I ain't going to defend Obama, you guys can do that, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users