Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sarah Palin being blessed 'against witchcraft

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:17 AM

SilverCougar on Sep 29 2008, 04:05 AM, said:

Again, she's doing it to herself.  Not those posting such things about her's fault that she gives them the ammunition in spades.  It's the same with Biden.  *shrugs*  The cons go after him and Obama in full force, yet apparently it's uncool to go after Palin.

That's double standard right there.

(Oh and before you even go that rout..  I make fun of Biden when he hands out ammunition against him too.))

And it's uncool to answer back on Palin attacks?

By the way, I have not said much about Biden really except when he said Hillary would have been a better VP and President.
That was really really an odd thing to say, makes one wonder what the heck is on his mind. blink.gif

#17    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:19 AM

AROCES on Sep 28 2008, 10:13 PM, said:

Oh they do, it's election time!

But I ain't going to defend Obama, you guys can do that, right?

I just dont understand why you would complain about something that both sides are obviously going to do.

It reminds me of the mccain tactic that I saw in the debate the other night where mccain dropped a bombshell and accused obama of not supporting the troops because he didnt sign off on a bill to send money for iraq. Boo hisss obama. Come to find out that mccain had not signed off on the alternate funding bill that had a timeline in it...So they had both refused to fund the troops, and the real argument is not over money but over timelines, but yet mccain is willing to mislead people and make it sound like obama is not supporting the troops even though he himself had done the same thing...

That whole mccain campaign has lost all integrity and honor, which is sad, I used to really respect the man.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#18    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:25 AM

For a very long time Obama (and Hilary at the time) had said he would start troop withdrawls pronto and we would be gone ASAP.

But now he's singing a different tune knowing full well you can't just pull out. But that isn't getting a lot of play in the media.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#19    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:32 AM

Fluffybunny on Sep 29 2008, 04:19 AM, said:

I just dont understand why you would complain about something that both sides are obviously going to do.

Not complaining, just like addressing and firing back on the cheap shot artist.

It reminds me of the mccain tactic that I saw in the debate the other night where mccain dropped a bombshell and accused obama of not supporting the troops because he didnt sign off on a bill to send money for iraq. Boo hisss obama. Come to find out that mccain had not signed off on the alternate funding bill that had a timeline in it...So they had both refused to fund the troops, and the real argument is not over money but over timelines, but yet mccain is willing to mislead people and make it sound like obama is not supporting the troops even though he himself had done the same thing...

That whole mccain campaign has lost all integrity and honor, which is sad, I used to really respect the man.

Obama says he support the troops but not the war. So does he wants the troops to accomplish their mission?

#20    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:40 AM

AROCES on Sep 28 2008, 10:32 PM, said:

Not complaining, just like addressing and firing back on the cheap shot artist.

Obama says he support the troops but not the war. So does he wants the troops to accomplish their mission?

Cheap shot? You don't find it worrying that the possible next VP of the US is worried about... Witchcraft? She's obviously a nut.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#21    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:43 AM

__Kratos__ on Sep 29 2008, 04:40 AM, said:

Cheap shot? You don't find it worrying that the possible next VP of the US is worried about... Witchcraft? She's obviously a nut.

Nah, that was her just going along with the flow like any politicians would in any event.

#22    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:43 AM

AROCES on Sep 28 2008, 11:32 PM, said:

Obama says he support the troops but not the war.

How do you support the people doing the war but not the war itself?

#23    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:46 AM

MasterPo on Sep 28 2008, 11:43 PM, said:

Arg.

There is a difference between not wanting anything to happen to the troops, supporting them, making sure they have what they need, and then supporting what they are doing. Without the stuff, the support, they would be in greater danger. Understand?

You Republicans are not that intellectually inferior. You know what he means. You're just spouting off a typical talking point.

Edited by IrishLexie, 29 September 2008 - 03:48 AM.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#24    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

MasterPo on Sep 29 2008, 04:43 AM, said:

Yup, congress voted for the war and those who opposed or voted against it are suppose to back up the war and the mission of our troops once it has been decided. If you remember when Clinton bombed Kosovo, once it was voted for all the Republicans who voted against it backed up our troops fullly and their mission, they just want them to get the job done and come home.
At least that is the appropriate thing to do, specially with public officials.

#25    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:56 AM

You Republicans are something else.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#26    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:56 AM

IrishLexie on Sep 28 2008, 11:46 PM, said:

Arg.

There is a difference between not wanting anything to happen to the troops, supporting them, making sure they have what they need, and then supporting what they are doing. Without the stuff, the support, they would be in greater danger. Understand?

You Republicans are not that intellectually inferior. You know what he means. You're just spouting off a typical talking point.

So if I know someone who is an alcoholic, while I don't support the drinking and urge them to stop it's OK to support the person's choice to continue drinking and it's OK to give them a bottle?

#27    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 03:59 AM

MasterPo on Sep 28 2008, 11:56 PM, said:

So if I know someone who is an alcoholic, while I don't support the drinking and urge them to stop it's OK to support the person's choice to continue drinking and it's OK to give them a bottle?

No, because by giving them the bottle you are complicit in any health issues that may ensue. This is apples & oranges. If they choose not to support the troops, fund them, then the troops would be in greater danger.

Now, of course you Republicans like to claim that Obama voted against funding the troops. But so did McCain. Why? because they disagreed with the time line that was included in these funding bills. So, if you are going to bash the Democrats for not funding the troops, then start bashing the Republicans. They did the same thing.

Edited by IrishLexie, 29 September 2008 - 04:00 AM.

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#28    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:03 AM

IrishLexie on Sep 28 2008, 11:59 PM, said:

If they choose not to support the troops, fund them, then the troops would be in greater danger.

If the end result is the same - the troops get funded and the war continues - then your reasoning for voting YES is irrelevant. The end result is the same.

#29    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:18 AM

MasterPo on Sep 29 2008, 12:03 AM, said:

If the end result is the same - the troops get funded and the war continues - then your reasoning for voting YES is irrelevant. The end result is the same.

It may be irrelevant but you can't claim that Democrats don't support the troops simply because they don't support the war. They are divided. You are trying to make them out to be the same, but it just isn't so.

Edited by IrishLexie, 29 September 2008 - 04:18 AM.

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#30    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:26 AM

IrishLexie on Sep 29 2008, 05:18 AM, said:

It may be irrelevant but you can't claim that Democrats don't support the troops simply because they don't support the war. They are divided. You are trying to make them out to be the same, but it just isn't so.

They only say they support the troops out of political pressure. But as you can see they just can't get themselves to do so fully, so to support the troops they want bigger pay for them and benefits. That really will be big a difference in the battlefield. hmm.gif

And some troops ends up supporting them instead, for more entitlements. Same old vote recruiting tool.

Edited by AROCES, 29 September 2008 - 04:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users