Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Palin on TV

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#16    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:54 AM

Fluffybunny on Sep 25 2008, 08:52 PM, said:

I disagree.

As a VP or possibly President she is going to be on national and world TV all the time. She will be the representative for this country. If she cant express herself well and gets flustered on TV, then she is going to have a serious problem.

And a president enacts policies and decides to send troops to war while on T.V.? Who kneewww.

Secondly, huge difference between talking to a few leaders from other nations and then looking into a camera knowing that millions are watching you, just waiting for you to make a mistake.

Again, give her a break.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#17    crtDzyn

crtDzyn

Bills Sabres Buffalo

• 4,222 posts

• Get to da choppa

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

Not to mention she's serious about saying that the reason she's qualified to handle foreign policy is because the state she governs is close to Russia.  Oh, they also export and import goods from Russia.

Posted Image

#18    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 12:57 AM

I admit she has made some mistakes. But if you wanna criticize her, find a better reason. I fail to see how being a good debater and being good on T.V. has anything to do with being president. You don't decide to enact policies, sign and veto bills with a camera in your face. You don't decide to send troops to war with a camera in your face. I really think people are just looking for more reasons to make fun of her. That, I find, is rather sad.

Edited by IrishAidan, 26 September 2008 - 12:58 AM.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#19    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:00 AM

IrishAidan on Sep 25 2008, 08:57 PM, said:

I admit she has made some mistakes. But if you wanna criticize her, find a better reason. I fail to see how being a good debater and being good on T.V. has anything to do with being president. You don't decide to enact policies, sign and veto bills with a camera in your face. You don't decide to send troops to war with a camera in your face. I really think people are just looking for more reasons to make fun of her. That, I find, is rather sad.

Are you actually defending Palin? Did Hell freeze over? grin2.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#20    crtDzyn

crtDzyn

Bills Sabres Buffalo

• 4,222 posts

• Get to da choppa

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:02 AM

I didn't look for it trust me... no need to look when it's sitting right there.

Posted Image

#21    pendora

pendora

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

• Life is an Occasion. Rise to it!

First, she's been in public life for two years as gov and mayor before that.  Oh and don't forget the beauty pageants.

She's used to being in public.

She is out of her depth.  She has no clue about the things she's being asked.  

If that wasn't enough, catch the four soft questions she was asked by her own coached pen of campaign reporters....and once again....clueless.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...for-first-time/

~  It amazes me that some people think their skepticism is of any importance to me at all.  ~

#22    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

I defend Palin all the time. I defend McCain all the time. I have even defended Bush. I am a fair when it comes to politics. While I am politically liberal, for the most part, I am politically fair. Partisanship pisses me off. The way the Democrats have acted with regard to Palin disgusts me. The way Republicans have acted with regard to Obama disgusts me.

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#23    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:03 AM

If I ain't given Biden a break for his Gaffs.. I sure as heck ain't given the lipstick delicate must be saved from the evil media pitbull a break.

I'm sorry but because you can see Russia.. (and the *** end of russia mind you.. where hardly anyone lives.  Wait, where's Moscow again?  Or right, the other end..) and border Canada, eh? (once more the *** end.. where hardly anyone lives and the farthest from the capitol) does not give you foriegn policy experiance.  Hells just getting her passport speaks volums.  

She's a damned show dog..

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#24    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:04 AM

It's funny that often people say they want someone from outside Washington who isn't tainted by the Belt Way politics.

But when they get someone who is from outside she is slammed for inexperience.

Can't win for loosing.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#25    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:05 AM

Simply because she's Bush with tits.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and

#26    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:05 AM

Being mayor of a small town and a little state (population wise) where you have hardly any opposition from the other side is not, at least in my mind, the type of experience one needs when you're involved in a national campaign; a very heated one at that. This is all new to her. The public life may not be, but the seriousness of it is. Also, again, she had hardly any opposition in the positions she's held before. Give her some time and she might improve. But she's done a good job with Alaska, so clearly she isn't stupid.

Edited by IrishAidan, 26 September 2008 - 01:07 AM.

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#27    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:07 AM

Uh.. from what I've been seeing.. she has not done a good job with Alaska.  But hey.. whatever you think is good job man..

#28    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:08 AM

SilverCougar on Sep 25 2008, 09:07 PM, said:

Uh.. from what I've been seeing.. she has not done a good job with Alaska.  But hey.. whatever you think is good job man..

And is that why she is incredibly popular in Alaska - 'cause she's done a bad job?

Edited by IrishAidan, 26 September 2008 - 01:08 AM.

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#29    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:12 AM

IrishAidan on Sep 25 2008, 07:54 PM, said:

And a president enacts policies and decides to send troops to war while on T.V.? Who kneewww.

Secondly, huge difference between talking to a few leaders from other nations and then looking into a camera knowing that millions are watching you, just waiting for you to make a mistake.

Again, give her a break.

Well...she gets flustered and stammered with a simple question she had prepared for(for weeks) from her:
linked-image

Not exactly an imposing figure. How is it going to work out when this guy is angry and lives are at stake:
linked-image

When it comes to politics and dealing with people that are enemies you cant exactly just cut people slack; it could end with lost lives and war. She stammers and loses words it has bad implications for everyone.

As for me, if I was on TV I am sure I would make a mistake too, but I am not running for office. The weight of the world is not on my shoulders, nor do I want it to be. If I were I would make sure I spoke well and was prepared. So far in every interview she has shown herself as not being ready. Not even close. She has had to puff up her resume so much that when she is called out on it, she cant come up with a reasonable answer to questions because there really arent any... In reality living next to Canada and Russia doesnt give her any foreign experience, it was a point the Campaign tried to bring up, but it falls flat when you investigate it, and that is what happened. Same thing happens with her other puffed up credentials and questionable past dealings that she avoids talking about...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#30    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:12 AM

IrishAidan on Sep 26 2008, 01:08 AM, said:

And is that why she is incredibly popular in Alaska - 'cause she's done a bad job?

Wouldn't say she was populare there either.

*shrugs*  Sorry, she has done jack crap to impress me.  Biden either before you go down that track.  However Palin has turned me off even more so.  I don't agree with her policies.  I don't agree with her as a choice for VP, and I don't agree with how she's sheilded from the media like they're afraid she'll show that she's not ready.  Which she isn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users