Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is Palin Qualified ?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:45 AM

If Palin isn't qualified why was Hilary qualified? (other than being a Democrat and a Clinton)

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#32    Starr Destin Mathews

Starr Destin Mathews

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 293 posts

• Carpe Noctem

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:53 AM

Palin is just as qualified as Obama is if you look at it that way and the expeirience they both lack is made up by their running partners so people need to get off of this.

Posted Image

"Sweet little words meant for silence,not talk. Young heart for love,not heartache.
  Dark hair for catching the wind not to veil the sight of a cold world."

#33    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:56 AM

Starr Destin Mathews on Sep 29 2008, 09:53 PM, said:

Palin is just as qualified as Obama is if you look at it that way and the expeirience they both lack is made up by their running partners so people need to get off of this.

If this wasn't a Presidental race, if you were just reviewing Palin's resume after being Gov, Mayor, a business owner, what kind of experience rating would you give her? Say on a scale of zero to 10 (with zero being wouldn't know out to open a paper bag and 10 being all knowing and powerful)?

#34    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,080 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:03 AM

Caesar on Sep 28 2008, 08:46 PM, said:

Obama has done NOTHING!

What a silly response. Please check your other thread's post from SQLserver on what Obama as done.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#35    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,080 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:09 AM

AROCES on Sep 28 2008, 09:09 PM, said:

So, the one with the most interviews deserves to win?

Please wipe the *stuff* out of your eyes. I didn't say that. I said Biden was campaigning and giving interviews. Palin was not. If you are secure in voting for someone you know very little about, I feel a great sorrow for you. Many people follow celebrities, never actually read a full news story, and need more schooling. I say they then deserve exactly what they will get from their bright shiny bauble.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#36    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:43 AM

ninjadude on Sep 30 2008, 12:03 AM, said:

What a silly response. Please check your other thread's post from SQLserver on what Obama as done.

Its a fact he hasn't really done anything bif to be elected president. why don't you check some of MasterPo's posts on the matter

#37    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,080 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:02 AM

Caesar on Sep 29 2008, 11:43 PM, said:

Its a fact he hasn't really done anything bif to be elected president. why don't you check some of MasterPo's posts on the matter

Is there some part of this that you don't understand ?? (Thanks to SQlserver).  Anything? I'm assuming that you can't read this for some reason.

OK, that is it!

This is ridiculous.

Now, everyone who replies hence forth may you please either:
A. Agree that Obama has more and better experience then McCain or Palin.
B. Please explain McCain's or Palin's experience in the following categories:
---Constitutional Law and US liberties.
---Time in government/politics.
---Economics.
---Foreign Policy.
---Work with common voters and citizens.
---Anything else you would wish to add.

What you are NOT allowed to do:
--Scream "LOLOLOLOL COMMUNITY ORGANIZER LALALALALALA!!!" This means you, MasterPo, and you Incorrigible.

OK? Now, I'll do Obama's. I'm going to use a lot from his wikipedia page, and the site below, but I'll back up everything I deem necessary with valid sources. If you want a source for anything, just ask.
http://www.obamapedia.org/page/Does+Barack...be+president%3F

---Constitutional Law and US liberties.
Obama got a Law Degree at Harvard University. He became the editor of The Harvard Law Review, a prestigious position in the college.
He then began working at a civil rights firm and went on to teach constitutional law at the University of Chicago.

He also, in 1993, joined Davis, Miner, Barnhill & Galland, a twelve attorney law firm specializing in civil rights litigation and neighborhood economic development, where he was an associate for three years from 1993 to 1996, then of counsel from 1996 to 2004, with his law license becoming inactive in 2002.

Obama was a founding member of the board of directors of Public Allies in 1992.

He also served on the board of directors of the Chicago Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, the Center for Neighborhood Technology, and the Lugenia Burns Hope Center.

---Time in government/politics.
He has ten years experience in public office: 2 in the US senate, and 8 in the Illinois Senate.
Compare this to:
Hillary Clinton (six-plus years as Senator from New York)
John Edwards (six years as Senator from North Carolina)
George W. Bush(six years as the Governor of Texas)
Abraham Lincoln (two years in the U.S.House)

During Obama's Time in the senate, he has done extensive work, and been an extremely active participant in the Senate. Here's a list of bills he's sponsored:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bills...d_States_Senate

---Economics.
He worked for a year at the Business International Corporation and then at the New York Public Interest Research Group.

---Foreign Policy.
Obama majored in Political science at Columbia, with a specialization in international relationships. He graduated with a BA.
n the U.S. Senate Obama is unique among Senators in that he serves on three of the four Senate Committees dealing with foreign policy issues including the Foreign Relations; Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs; and Veterans' Affairs committees and is the Chair of the Foreign Relations Subcommittee on European Relations which is responsible fore U.S. relations with European countries, the European Union, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (i.e., NATO).

Obama service on the Foreign Relations committee has placed him in an unique position in that he is the Chair of the Subcommittee on European Relations and serves on the Subcommittees on African Affairs; East Asia and Pacific Affairs; and International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, and International Environmental Protection. This cross-section of subcommittees places Obama in a unique position of having knowledge about Asian, African and European issues.

Obama has also traveled extensively in his capacity as a member of the Foreign Relations Committee and has visited Russia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan in Asia; Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, and the Palestinian Territories in the Middle East; and Chad, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, and South Africa in Africa. He has also visited and even campaigned in Europe, which would be a joke to McCain, who is widely laughed at abroad.

Obama has also co-sponsored the "Lugar-Obama Act" with Republican Senator Richard Lugar who was Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Relations at the time. This act was a bi-partisan effort to increase U.S. security in terms of the elimination of conventional weapons and weapons of mass destruction. This legislation came out of Obama's trip with Senator Richard Lugar to Russia, the Ukraine and Azerbaijan.

Obama has also sponsored legislation such as the "Democratic Republic of Congo Relief, Security, and Democracy Promotion Act" which was signed into law by President Bush on December 22, 2006. Obama has co-sponsored immigration related bills related to his service on the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee including the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act. His extensive foreign policy experience exceeds that of every other Presidential candidate including his trips abroad in the performance of his official duties as a member of committees dealing with foreign relation issues.

---Work with common voters and citizens.
Obama moved to Chicago to work as a community organizer for three years from June 1985 to May 1988 as director of the Developing Communities Project (DCP), a church-based community organization originally comprising eight Catholic parishes in Greater Roseland (Roseland, West Pullman, and Riverdale) on Chicago's far South Side. During his three years as the DCP's director, its staff grew from one to thirteen and its annual budget grew from $70,000 to $400,000, with accomplishments including helping set up a job training program, a college preparatory tutoring program, and a tenants' rights organization in Altgeld Gardens.

Obama also worked as a consultant and instructor for the Gamaliel Foundation, a community organizing institute.

Obama directed Illinois' Project Vote from April to October 1992, a voter registration drive with a staff of ten and seven hundred volunteers; it achieved its goal of registering 150,000 of 400,000 unregistered African-Americans in the state, and led to Crain's Chicago Business naming Obama to its 1993 list of "40 under Forty" powers to be

---Anything else you would wish to add.
Obama has won 2 Grammy awards, and written two bestselling books.

There. Now it is McCain's turn, and Palin's turn.
Once we can get everyone in, then we can actually asses the situation without idiotic comments spouting rubbish and screaming "LALALALALA".

Cheers,
SQLserver

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#38    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:44 AM

ninjadude on Sep 30 2008, 01:02 AM, said:

Is there some part of this that you don't understand ?? (Thanks to SQlserver).  Anything? I'm assuming that you can't read this for some reason.

B. Please explain McCain's or Palin's experience in the following categories.

---Constitutional Law and US liberties. I don't think they are running for a Judicial Branch position
---Time in government/politics. Palin has more  
---Economics. Palin has more
---Foreign Policy. Obama and Palin don't really have any. Biden and McCain have some
---Work with common voters and citizens. Palin has more

I think energy is another thing that Palin hasd over Obama

City council of Wasilla 1992 and 1995
Mayor of Wasilla 1996–2002
Governor of Alaska 2006-presant

#39    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,080 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 05:53 AM

But see now you're changing the subject of YOUR posts. You claimed Obama had nothing. Twice. I pointed out that you were wrong by again posting SQLserver's post.

She is clearly on the ticket (for now).  I would not have picked her because her resume is pretty thin.

But  I argue that her beliefs and what little she has said on any issues is not what the country needs.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#40    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:03 AM

ninjadude on Sep 30 2008, 01:53 AM, said:

But see now you're changing the subject of YOUR posts. You claimed Obama had nothing. Twice. I pointed out that you were wrong by again posting SQLserver's post.

She is clearly on the ticket (for now).  I would not have picked her because her resume is pretty thin.

But  I argue that her beliefs and what little she has said on any issues is not what the country needs.

Again you just don't get it. what has he done, he hasn't run anything!!!!!! he has no leadership skills!!!

#41    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 16,913 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:34 PM

Caesar on Sep 30 2008, 07:03 AM, said:

Again you just don't get it. what has he done, he hasn't run anything!!!!!! he has no leadership skills!!!

Although I'm not saying Barack Obama has not 'run anything', it is false logic to assume that someone who has not been a leader has no leadership skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And since I put more exclamation marks in my post than you had in yours I'm obviously more right than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#42    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

Is anyone going to have the bravery to answer my above post about Gov. Palin? Or is the truth too painful?

#43    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:55 AM

Leonardo on Sep 30 2008, 02:34 PM, said:

Although I'm not saying Barack Obama has not 'run anything', it is false logic to assume that someone who has not been a leader has no leadership skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And since I put more exclamation marks in my post than you had in yours I'm obviously more right than you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How can some ask that supports Obama even sugests if Palin is qualified? I think leadership skills and managing taxpayer dollars along with the other dities a mayor and governer make are important more so then being a community organizer in my opinion

You may have more exclamation marks but mile are much bigger !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif

#44    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,080 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:30 AM

Size doesn't matter.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#45    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:14 AM

MasterPo on Sep 29 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

If this wasn't a Presidental race, if you were just reviewing Palin's resume after being Gov, Mayor, a business owner, what kind of experience rating would you give her? Say on a scale of zero to 10 (with zero being wouldn't know out to open a paper bag and 10 being all knowing and powerful)?

0 = zero

I'm sure much much more can be added . ... like her formal education and this quote --

"I'm not sure what she brings to the ticket other than she's a woman and a conservative." –Sarah Palin's mother-in-law, Faye Palin, who said she may vote for Obama

So for the record, let it be known that the candidate for vice-president for the GOP is a compulsive, repetitive, demonstrable liar. If you follow the links, here is the proof. I repeat: proof:

- She has lied about the Bridge to Nowhere . She ran for office favoring it, wore a sweatshirt defending it, and only gave it up when the federal congress, Senator McCain in particular, went ballistic. She kept the money anyway and favors funding Don Young's Way, at twice the cost of the original bridge.

- She has lied about her firing of the  police chief of Wasilla, Alaska.

- She has lied about pressure on Alaska's public safety commissioner to fire her ex brother - in - law

- She has lied about her previous statements on climate change

- She has lied about Alaska's contribution to America's oil and gas production.

- She has lied about when she asked her daughters for their permission for her to run for vice-president.

- She has lied about the actual progress in constructing a natural gas pipeline from Alaska.

- She has lied about Obama's position on habeas corpus.

- She has lied about her alleged tolerance of homosexuality.

- She has lied about the use or non use of a TelePrompter at the St Paul convention.

- She has lied about her alleged pay-cut as mayor of Wasilla.

- She has lied about what Alaska's state scientists concluded about the health of the polar bear population in Alaska.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_...twelve-odd.html

the political backround of Palin -

-

Sept. 23, 2008 | WASILLA, Alaska -- Before Sarah Palin decided to run for the Wasilla mayor's office in 1996 against incumbent John Stein, the Palins and Steins were friends. John Stein had helped launch Palin's political career, mentoring the hockey mom during her 1994 run for City Council, along with veteran council member Nick Carney. Stein's wife, Karen Marie, went to aerobics classes with Palin.

But when she announced her candidacy for Stein's seat, vowing to overturn the city's "old boy" establishment, a different Sarah Palin emerged. "Things got very ugly," recalled Naomi Tigner, a friend of the Steins. "Sarah became very mean-spirited." .........

...... Palin's mayoral campaign rode the wave of conservative, evangelical fervor that was sweeping Alaska in the '90s. Suddenly candidates' social values, not their ability to manage the roads and sewer systems, were dominating the debate. "Sarah and I were both Republicans, but this was an entirely new slant to local politics -- much more aggressive than anything I'd ever seen," said Stein, looking back at the election that put Palin on the political map.

There was a knife-sharp, personal edge to Palin's campaign that many locals found disturbing, particularly because of the warm relationship between Palin and Stein before the race. ...

... Even though Palin knew that Stein is a Protestant Christian, from a Pennsylvania Dutch background, her campaign began circulating the word that she would be "Wasilla's first Christian mayor." Some of Stein's supporters interpreted this as an attempt to portray Stein as Jewish in the heavily evangelical community. Stein himself, an eminently reasonable and reflective man, thinks "they were redefining Christianity to mean born-agains."

The Palin campaign also started another vicious whisper campaign, spreading the word that Stein and his wife -- who had chosen to keep her own last name when they were married -- were not legally wed. Again, Palin knew the truth, Stein said, but chose to muddy the waters. "We actually had to produce our marriage certificate," recalled Stein, whose wife died of breast cancer in 2005 without ever reconciling with Palin.

"I had a hand in creating Sarah, but in the end she blew me out of the water," Stein said, sounding more wearily ironic than bitter. "Sarah's on a mission, she's an opportunist." ........

cont.
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2008/09/...alin/index.html

and this is what she does to friends ! screws them over when it's convenient for her. How much faster would she help screw over America ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users