Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Increase your astral projection skills [merged]

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#181    FOS

FOS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:35 PM

I'm just wondering a few things really and thought this looked like a good place to post. Sometimes I'll get the signs of potential projection, i.e the high pitched noise, sleep paralysis, vibrating, tingling sensations, then provided I go with it and don't resist, I will find myself in the space where i'm sleeping and try going for a little wander, like out through the bathroom wall or something. However it doesn't take long before suddenly I am no longer in my 'normal' reality, or it will look a little similar but it's not the same. Also I might jump from one set of surroundings to the next without actually travelling there so to speak.  All the while i am lucid and of the notion that i'm on an little excursion.

So my question is, firstly is this normal? And secondly is this Astral Travel or is it Lucid Dreaming?

Posted Image

#182    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:50 PM

The difference is if you have left your body or not. If you were conciouse during the entire exit process, you were definantly out. If not it could be either, you have to trust your feelings. Usually lucid dreaming present scenerios themselves, while in ap you are free to travel, but sometimes the spirit world has other plans for you and may take over. I suggest asking for help, from spirits.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#183    FOS

FOS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:56 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 25 September 2010 - 09:50 PM, said:

The difference is if you have left your body or not. If you were conciouse during the entire exit process, you were definantly out. If not it could be either, you have to trust your feelings. Usually lucid dreaming present scenerios themselves, while in ap you are free to travel, but sometimes the spirit world has other plans for you and may take over. I suggest asking for help, from spirits.

Ok thanks Seeker79 good advice, I'll ask help next time. Yes my feeling is it's a bit of both and that's probably appropriate to what I could handle right now.

Posted Image

#184    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:53 PM

When I travel, I am concious from the onset of the meditation and the intiation of the vibrational state to when I exit my body, during the journy, to when I return to my body. There is never a gap or point in which I fall asleep. It is completely a concious action. At no point would I have considered myself unconcious.

If I fall asleep and have an experience, I consider it a vision or a dream.

Keep this in mind to. As I have stated Before, you are not actually seeing anything with your eyes. You are experienceis things with your astrial body. Your not going to get details about the environment your in like you would if visiting with your biological senses. Things are going to be different, because your mind is trying to interpret signals from your astrial body. This is going to make direction and positions of physical objects and people difficult to discern. When I travel every thing seems rotated about 90 degrees.

Edited by Seeker79, 26 September 2010 - 11:06 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#185    FOS

FOS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

View PostSeeker79, on 26 September 2010 - 10:53 PM, said:

When I travel, I am concious from the onset of the meditation and the intiation of the vibrational state to when I exit my body, during the journy, to when I return to my body. There is never a gap or point in which I fall asleep. It is completely a concious action. At no point would I have considered myself unconcious.

If I fall asleep and have an experience, I consider it a vision or a dream.

Keep this in mind to. As I have stated Before, you are not actually seeing anything with your eyes. You are experienceis things with your astrial body. Your not going to get details about the environment your in like you would if visiting with your biological senses. Things are going to be different, because your mind is trying to interpret signals from your astrial body. This is going to make direction and positions of physical objects and people difficult to discern. When I travel every thing seems rotated about 90 degrees.

Good point yes, things aren‘t going to appear exactly the same as when seeing with my physical eyes anyway. I'm new into all this so it's great to get some info from an experienced traveller. I'm not at the stage where I'll plan to travel and do a particular technique, it's more finding myself in the conducive state then willing it on further. I am conscious during the vibrational state, and also the pulling/sliding sensations, and then i'm not sure, could have gone into a lucid dream, or I could be out, then after some exploring, trying without success so far to get to particular places, i'll gently arrive back in my bed, wide awake, maybe no more than an hour later.

Posted Image

#186    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 05:46 PM

Your doing great. Keep at it.

Bruce Lee-

#187    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

Thank you darkbreed. This is great thread. I copy/paste some of your words.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#188    markt.b.

markt.b.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hello everyone, I will make this short, because I posted the longer version in a similar thread.

When I went out of my body last night, I went to my rommates room and seen him texting on the bed. I then went outside my front door an came back in. Once I did, I saw this same roomate on the phone in the kitchen sayin he was making spaghetti. I was excited about this and went back to my room to get back inside my body so I could wake up and tell him I saw him. To my suprise he was sleep, and had not been texting, or making spaghetti. I was confused because it seemed so real. I am postive that this was an o.b.e. and not a dream. So to the experienced o.b.e.'rs, what does it mean to see something in your house that was really not happening at the time? I have read accounts of people seeing something in an o.b.e. and being able to confirm it was happening when they woke up. I know I didn't make this up in my head, I EXPERIENCED this. I am thank ful for all feedback.

Also, when I went to my other roommates room, I saw a person standing over him at the foot of his bed while he was sleep. It was not in a threatining way. I actually didn't think it was odd untill I floated back in my body and woke up. When I saw him I didn't feel fear or anything. Any suggestions on who this might have been? Do you think it was him? Was it someone else? Should I have tried to communicate with him or tried to look at the face? Thanks for all feedback

#189    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 03:14 AM

1) often when people are asleep that are projecting and dreaming at the same time. Peoples dreams that they dont remember are often if normal mundane day to day activited. You may have wittnessed this.

2) it is also possible your were taping into information of the past. Like a psycic would do..... Posibly what some call akeshic records.... Or something like that. Possibly future events aswell.

I have had similar results. One time watching someone in their house but dozens of her all moveing around at the same time. A little confusing, but there is nothing stopping multiple moments from playing themselves out at the same time.

Bruce Lee-

#190    markt.b.

markt.b.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 02:44 PM

Thanks for the info seeker; I plan to try and be a little more attentive next time I project. I haven't projected since that time. When I project, I get the wooshing sound in the ears followed by the buzzing sound. After the wooshing, the buzzing will come shortly after, and once the buzzing comes, it is time for me to try and lift out. But the last few days, I will get the wooshing but it always stops before the buzzing comes. It feels as if my mind is losing concentration, even though im not really thinking about it, just doing it. Any tips on keeping the process going once it starts? I feel as I should be able to project every night. Is that common, or do people who are really good at this even have trouble projecting every single night? Thanks for the feedback.

#191    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:39 PM

View Postmarkt.b., on 09 December 2010 - 02:44 PM, said:

Thanks for the info seeker; I plan to try and be a little more attentive next time I project. I haven't projected since that time. When I project, I get the wooshing sound in the ears followed by the buzzing sound. After the wooshing, the buzzing will come shortly after, and once the buzzing comes, it is time for me to try and lift out. But the last few days, I will get the wooshing but it always stops before the buzzing comes. It feels as if my mind is losing concentration, even though im not really thinking about it, just doing it. Any tips on keeping the process going once it starts? I feel as I should be able to project every night. Is that common, or do people who are really good at this even have trouble projecting every single night? Thanks for the feedback.
It would be nice to be able to it everynight. But I am only about 40% able. And it's almost always in the morning. Sometimes at night though. Your methods are sound but you mighT want to consider pre sleep. Take a nap during the day like 4-7 or wake up at 3 am then try.. I have only met one person able to do it all the time. Mr. Walker he posts around here from time to time.  

I hope this helps :)

Bruce Lee-

#192    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:42 PM

Also, try to have clear goals. The more emotional you are about the goal  during travel the stronger and more effective you will be.

Bruce Lee-

#193    markt.b.

markt.b.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:10 PM

Thanks, that makes me feel a little better. I was so determined to project today that I went to bed at 9:00pm and slept all the way to 2:00 pm. Everytime I woke up I went back to sleep because that is how I usually project, but I couldn't fully get there. Finally, around 1:45pm, I got from the wooshing sound to the buzzing and tried to lift out, but couldnt get out for the life of me. When I tried to move my astral legs, I felt my physical leg moving. It seemed as if I could only move the upper half of my astral body. I think I was only half way in sleep paralysis. I was still sastisfied with the outcome, because I haven't been able to get to that stage for the last few days. It still would have been nice to project because I could hear my roommates around the house and I wanted to do anther expiriment to see if I could see what they were doing in real time. I will just have to wait until next time. Thanks again for the advice; its been great.

#194    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

Try rolling out. That's been very effective for me lately. Only problem is when it works I have to check to see if my body is still in bed. If I don't I'm not sure if I'm out or not. Floating is an obvious sign but you have more nural pathways for rolling.

Also the more vigerouse you try the more likely sucess, so roll hard. Do it just as if you were going to do it physically.

Bruce Lee-

#195    markt.b.

markt.b.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Thanks, I will try rolling out next time. What's weird is that as I was trying to get out, I sensed I was floating up, and even felt my head bounce off the top of the ceiling, but the rest of my body wasn't out. I was thinking, how could I feel my head bounce off of the ceiling if half of my body is on the bed? I will try the rolling though, because I think thats how I got out last time I projected, I came out from the side. I will use more force too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users