Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is Obama Qualified

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,072 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:27 AM

MasterPo on Sep 30 2008, 09:52 PM, said:

If Obama was such a great communitty organizer, let's go to the neighborhoods he "organized" and see what they are like today!

Try as you might to pigeon hole him as a great community organizer or that is the only thing he has ever done, it's really lame. It was an early part of his life for a paltry three years. He did well in that short time. You keep digging yourself in a hold deeper and deeper.

After four years in New York City, Obama moved to Chicago to work as a community organizer for three years from June 1985 to May 1988 as director of the Developing Communities Project (DCP), a church-based community organization originally comprising eight Catholic parishes in Greater Roseland (Roseland, West Pullman, and Riverdale) on Chicago's far South Side.[13][15] During his three years as the DCP's director, its staff grew from one to thirteen and its annual budget grew from $70,000 to $400,000, with accomplishments including helping set up a job training program, a college preparatory tutoring program, and a tenants' rights organization in Altgeld Gardens.[16] Obama also worked as a consultant and instructor for the Gamaliel Foundation, a community organizing institute.[17

link

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#62    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:38 AM

after McCain running to Washington , asking daddy bush for a meeting , and sitting there like a lump not contributing anything ? really just in the way. by the way this isn't the first time McCain has cut and run from a debate -

McCain Avoiding The Debate?

McCain has pulled this stunt before....

With his poll numbers tanking, John McCain wants to pull out of the presidential debate. No, I'm not talking about the debate with Barack Obama:

"With new polls showing his campaign dead in the water among California Republicans, Arizona Sen. John McCain has pulled out of a long-scheduled debate with Texas Gov. George Bush, set for Thursday in Los Angeles."
"McCain campaign officials tried desperately yesterday to put the best face on their withdrawal, even as a new Field Poll showed Bush far ahead among likely Republican voters in the winner-take-all race for the state's 162 GOP delegates."
"The bait and switch on the debate left the Arizona senator -- whose favorite campaign line is "I'll always tell you the truth'' -- wide open to blistering criticism from his rivals."
"Clearly, this is more double-talk from the McCain campaign,'' said Alice Mattingly, a spokeswoman for Bush. "Pulling out of this debate at the last minute is an indication that they're pulling out of California, where McCain's antagonistic message clearly isn't working.''
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...001&sc=1000

And clearly, McCain has a habit of trying to "cut and run" when things aren't going his way.

McCain claims he has gotten the bail out to pass - only to find it hadn't.

McCain blasts obama for ' calling it in' then proceeds to spend the weekend calling it in.

McCain claims to not finger point about the bail out then blames Obama 10 minutes later ?

Obama calls this morning at 5 am to talk about hiking up the FDIC and later McCain says to do the same .

McCain doesn't understand the boundries or factions of the middle east let alone policy.

Being a POW doesn't make one qualified for presidency.

to keep this short - lastly but not only , this financial crisis could have been avoided had we regulations but ...

On 11/19/93, McCain took to the Senate floor to support an early financial deregulation bill and decry what he called "the tremendous regulatory burden imposed on financial institutions." The guy who now claims to be the trustbusting Teddy Roosevelt back then lamented "the rapidly increasing regulatory burden imposed on banks is to cause them to devote substantial time, energy and money to compliance rather than meeting the credit needs of the community."

Ten years later, McCain was bragging to the Associated Press that "I have a long voting record in support of deregulation," and to CNN that "I am a deregulator. I believe in deregulation."

And, during this year's presidential campaign taking place in the shadow of financial meltdown, McCain was only months ago insisting on PBS that "we need less government [and] less regulation" and that "I'm always for less regulation."

and

Apparently the GOP and John McCain tried to regualate Fannie Maie and Freddie Mac back in 2005 , McCains 2005 effort never got out of committee...  a REPUBLICAN Committee!

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s109-190

Here's another FACT:  When the bill came up again in 2007, McCain wasn't even a sponsor!

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1100

Last FACT: Both bills included these deregulatory gems that probably would have crashed the whole system had either been passed:

Excludes the Federal Home Loan Banks from certain securities reporting requirements.
Abolishes the Federal Housing Finance Board.

so IMO ? no McCain is not qualified to be president.

FYI -

Deployed Troops Donate to Obama 6-1 Over McCain

By Jon Soltz  |  Huffington Post  
PUBLISHED: August 14, 2008
"Why do the troops hate the troops?"

Honestly, after years of hearing that if you don't support the Bush military policy, you don't support the troops, you have to wonder what the neo-cons will do now. Today, a study by the Center for Responsive Politics reported that members of the military are giving more donations to Senator Obama than Senator McCain, and when you just examine those troops who are deployed, Obama attracts more donations by a 6 to 1 factor.

Troops, of course, aren't much different than most Americans, who overwhelmingly oppose the Bush military policy that John McCain would continue (the latest AP-Ipsos poll had 62 percent disapproving of the Bush policy). It's just that troops have a lot more personal experience on this particular issue. We know that those who served believe Iraq has overstreched the military, and for years that those who have fought in Iraq and Afghanistan are solidly against the current policy.

http://votevets.org/news/?id=0164

Crying on Daddys chest !

linked-image

Edited by Lt_Ripley, 01 October 2008 - 03:39 AM.

#63    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:54 AM

Lt_Ripley on Sep 30 2008, 11:38 PM, said:

Crying on Daddys chest !

Lt Riply, I believe we have discussed "Deployed Troops Donate to Obama 6-1 Over McCain' on another thread. I would say Bush and McCain are close lol

#64    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:45 AM

Caesar on Sep 30 2008, 11:54 PM, said:

Lt Riply, I believe we have discussed "Deployed Troops Donate to Obama 6-1 Over McCain' on another thread. I would say Bush and McCain are close lol

sorry I didn't see the other post or remember it.

nite all ... going back up north for a few.

#65    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:04 AM

Lt_Ripley on Oct 1 2008, 12:45 AM, said:

sorry I didn't see the other post or remember it.

nite all ... going back up north for a few.

Have a safe trip and stay out of trouble!

#66    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

Whoever said McCain had no college degree better get a grip. He graduated from Annapolis.

MasterPo on Sep 28 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

Obama is said to be qualified because of his community organization experience.

Where is it documented all the projects he proposed, started and completed as a CO?
WHat was the out come of the projects?
How many people's lives were made better by the projects?
How many people were elevated out of poverty or drugs or crime who otherwise wouldn't have been if not for his projects?

What's his track record on that?

Some good questions, which the media will never attempt to ask or answer. I am still wondering who paid for his education, since his single mother couldn't afford it,  he didn't have a job nor did he receive a scholarship.

Guardsman Bass on Sep 29 2008, 03:09 AM, said:

Obama was President of the Harvard Law Review, and both Obama and McCain have had some serious executive experience involved in the running of their political campaigns for the Presidency.

That hardly counts as relevant executive experience, since at McCain's rank when he was in the Navy, he played no part in the development or implementation of any serious strategic-level planning. Maybe if he had been an admiral instead of merely a pilot.

That's like saying, "I'm fit and experienced enough to be President because I ran a campaign."  LOL "I'm experienced because I am."  rolleyes.gif

DieChecker on Sep 29 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

It certainly would not have hurt Obama to wait four more years and then be an even better candidate. What's the rush? He needs some aging.

John McCain has been in the Congress since Obama was in college. Some 24+ years of service to the US seems like more experience then 4.

If Obama looses, it will be due to his percieved lack of experience.

Couldn't agree more.

Edited by Aztec Warrior, 01 October 2008 - 03:43 PM.

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#67    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

I didn't miss it - I ignored it. Al Gore didn't build enough bandwidth into the internet for me to respond to all the falsehoods and spin doctoring in it. disgust.gif

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!

LOL it doesn't make sense. these are small projects when looking at what Palin did

"Small projects"? lol... what did Palin do exactly...? I love idiotically baseless claims!

Yeah he is sure ready now a year at the Business International Corporation this is a joke!

WTF are you talking about? Are you insane?
McCain HAS NO EXPERIENCE IN ECONOMICS AT ALL! HE'S NEVER DONE ANYTHING WITH BUSINESS, HE'S NEVER BEEN TO COLLEGE FOR BUSINESS, AND NEITHER HAS PALIN!

So far in this thread we've established:
Obama has more experience then McCain or Palin in economics, law, the constitution, and foreign policy.
Because you have NOT had any rebuttal to my evidence.

I don't think you get how this works. Listen up MasterPo, Caesar, and AztecWarrior:
1. I make a claim.
2. You make counter points and claims.
3. We review the evidence and discuss.

It does NOT work like:
1. "Community organizer!!!!11"
2. I make a counter point.
3. "Community organizer!!!!11"
4. Sorry, I've already gone through that.
5. LALALALALALALALA!
6. umm...
7. Ha! "Community organizer!!!!11"

Until you can ACTUALLY do something besides screaming LALALALA at the top of your voice, and "Community organizer lolololz", you can't expect anybody to take you seriously at all.

SQLserver

#68    Caesar

Caesar

Alien Abducter

• 4,623 posts

• Semper Fidelis

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:00 AM

sqlserver on Oct 1 2008, 04:52 PM, said:

LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA!

"Small projects"? lol... what did Palin do exactly...? I love idiotically baseless claims!

Palin was a mayor and governer.

McCain HAS NO EXPERIENCE IN ECONOMICS AT ALL! HE'S NEVER DONE ANYTHING WITH BUSINESS, HE'S NEVER BEEN TO COLLEGE FOR BUSINESS, AND NEITHER HAS PALIN!

Palin was a mayor and governer and had a small business. just face it, Palin has executive experience and all the others do not. the president is part of the executive branch of government and only Palin has experience. being a Community organizer is not.

#69    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:24 AM

As a gov and mayor Palin well knows how to deal with the government budgeting process.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#70    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:13 PM

SQL,

What has Obama done that has given him any experience in Economics? Maybe he read a book. laugh.gif

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#71    Splodgenessabounds

Splodgenessabounds

The Artful Splodger

• 2,226 posts

• Who is Keyser Söze?

Posted 03 October 2008 - 03:14 PM

Repeatedly bangs head on table

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

BANG

"It doesn't matter if it is a black cat or a white cat.  As long as it can catch mice, it's a good cat."
Deng Xiaoping

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
Walter Sobchak - The Big Lebowski

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users