Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

UM US Presidential Election


  • Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: UM US Presidential Election (37 member(s) have cast votes)

UM US Presidential Election

  1. Barack Obama (Democrat) (19 votes [51.35%])

    Percentage of vote: 51.35%

  2. John McCain (Republican) (12 votes [32.43%])

    Percentage of vote: 32.43%

  3. Bob Barr (Libertarian) (2 votes [5.41%])

    Percentage of vote: 5.41%

  4. Chuck Baldwin (Constitution) (0 votes [0.00%])

    Percentage of vote: 0.00%

  5. Cynthia McKinney (Green) (1 votes [2.70%])

    Percentage of vote: 2.70%

  6. Ralph Nadar (Independent) (3 votes [8.11%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:30 AM

BlindMessiah on Sep 30 2008, 11:29 PM, said:

Yes if we all worshiped MasterPo as our god we'd all be safe.


I don't need worship.

Just respect my authority!  cool.gif


Quote

Wrong. It is possible for Biden, Palin, Romney, or Clinton to be sworn in as president.


Not on January-whatever when the inauguration happens unless something happens to the President-elect before then which I'm pretty sure hasn't happened yet in American history.

But just how do you get Romney or Clinton as President?!

Quote

I don't recognize that the next president will be one of the two. I believe Obama or McCain will be the next president but it isn't a fact.


I grant it ain't over 'til it's over.

But short of October 14th or something else happening I don't think even Vegas will give you odds on Ron Paul or Nader or someone else winning this election.

You want to use your vote as a protest agains the 2 parties that's you're call. But understand that the new President will come from one of these two camps as surely as the sun rises in the East and sets in the West.



The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#32    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 02 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

MasterPo on Oct 2 2008, 02:30 AM, said:

Not on January-whatever when the inauguration happens unless something happens to the President-elect before then which I'm pretty sure hasn't happened yet in American history.

But just how do you get Romney or Clinton as President?!

If Obama or McCain dies before the election, their vice president won't get the seat. A new candidate will be selected by the party. This will most likely go to Romney for the republicans and Clinton for the democrats. If Obama or McCain die after the election, their vice president will become president. So it isn't a fact that Obama or McCain will become president.

Quote

I grant it ain't over 'til it's over.

But short of October 14th or something else happening I don't think even Vegas will give you odds on Ron Paul or Nader or someone else winning this election.

You want to use your vote as a protest agains the 2 parties that's you're call. But understand that the new President will come from one of these two camps as surely as the sun rises in the East and sets in the West.

Paul and Nader won't be president. I never said they would become president.


#33    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:37 PM

BlindMessiah on Oct 2 2008, 01:26 AM, said:

If Obama or McCain dies before the election, their vice president won't get the seat. A new candidate will be selected by the party. This will most likely go to Romney for the republicans and Clinton for the democrats. If Obama or McCain die after the election, their vice president will become president. So it isn't a fact that Obama or McCain will become president.


I'm reasonably sure if the President-elect dies after the election but before inaugeration the VP takes the role. Afterall, that's what a VP is for.



The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#34    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:55 PM

MasterPo on Oct 2 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

I'm reasonably sure if the President-elect dies after the election but before inaugeration the VP takes the role. Afterall, that's what a VP is for.

I didn't say otherwise. I said they don't if the presidential nominee dies before the election.


#35    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:57 PM

BlindMessiah on Oct 2 2008, 07:55 PM, said:

I didn't say otherwise. I said they don't if the presidential nominee dies before the election.


That's a long shot.

Although I don't wish him any ill will, if something did happen to McCain I sure hope Palin would run!!! thumbsup.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#36    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 03 October 2008 - 12:27 AM

MasterPo on Oct 2 2008, 11:57 PM, said:

That's a long shot.

Although I don't wish him any ill will, if something did happen to McCain I sure hope Palin would run!!! thumbsup.gif

I think it has to go to the next highest scoring candidate. I'm pretty sure Romney got the second most delegates. Maybe Huckabee did though. I'm not sure.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users