Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Liberated!

Caesar

"Well, it looks like the McCain campaign is listening to the people. According to Bill Kristol, top McCain aides Rick Davis and Steve Schmidt are personally taking control of what I am calling "Operation Liberation". Apparently, Sen. McCain is as displeased with the rest of us with the way Sarah is being handled by the Bush staffers he hired to do the job. I've also read that Todd and an Alaskan Palin staffer (a group that is sorely underrepresented on the current Palin staff), will be on hand for Sarah's debate prep retreat in Sedona.

If today was any indication, it appears that the liberation is already underway. I personally am watching two indicators from Palin: one-liners and (believe it or not) wardrobe choices. Here's why I think both are relevant:

On the one-liners: Palin is best when speaking off-the-cuff. She's "in the zone" when she's allowed to joke and make lots of flippant remarks. If her speech at today's rally was any indication, it looks like they've already fixed that problem to some degree.Yes, it was still a speech, but it was definitely more of a vintage Palin speech than we've been seeing."

Source and full article

I cant believe how bad this was to not let Palin be herself. I know its tuff when the main stream media is doing all they can to take her down but the McCain plan should be to just let her be herself.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• MasterPo

• Lt_Ripley

• InHuman

Off the cut? Lol, all of her "fake" off the cut moments are on the teleprompter, and most of her soundbites that sound good are only there because she's trying to dodge a question (I saw that couric thing on t.v today, the one where she's talking to her about what news sources she uses, and her stance on incest/rape abortions)_//

Oh and I find it sad you have to try and play her as the "victim" of the mainstream media, sure the daughter thing was "over the line" ... but she hasn't really done anythign yet to win her praise. She hasn't done many REAL interviews, and no real debates. Let her prove herself before you glue her to the pedastle.

I always said: Why did McCain pick a pittbull if he won't let Sarah be Sarah?!

Hope this is true.

And more over, hope it isn't too little too late!

the latest 'rumor' is Palin may be dropped. who knows.

Yea, like Biden was rumored to be. :rofl:

Have a source for that "rumor"?

the latest 'rumor' is Palin may be dropped. who knows.

There are also rumors Biden will be dropped. Please.

I just don't get where people say that the media has been biased towards her. The Charlie Gibson thing, I can understand, he did come off pretty pompous. But from all of the other stations I've watched, either talked about how pretty she was, applauded her maverick :rolleyes: reform personality that hugs right up to McCain's, or ran shows dedicated specifically to her and her history. I think it was CNN (though I may be very wrong on that) that aired a show called "The American Woman" and it was all a documentary style show of who she was.

I think, as cliche as it sounds, that her gender is being played here. Oh, she's a female, give her some space, let her learn the ropes, don't be so hasty you'll get your interview. In the beginning, it really helped John McCain, but now that she isn't so new...people are taking a look at her record with a fine-tooth comb for something to complain about. Of course she's going to get bizarre, off the wall, nonsense questions that has absolutely nothing to do with her policy or political ideologies. All politicians get it. The McCain camp could have used that to their advantage so she could correct them on the record, rather than keeping her off the spotlight for a while.

I think, as cliche as it sounds, that her gender is being played here. Oh, she's a female, give her some space, let her learn the ropes, don't be so hasty you'll get your interview. In the beginning, it really helped John McCain, but now that she isn't so new...people are taking a look at her record with a fine-tooth comb for something to complain about. Of course she's going to get bizarre, off the wall, nonsense questions that has absolutely nothing to do with her policy or political ideologies. All politicians get it. The McCain camp could have used that to their advantage so she could correct them on the record, rather than keeping her off the spotlight for a while.

So do you think the media is fair? to me they seem like that are on a witch hunt. Lou Dobbs was talking about this on his show on CNN. he seems to think they are.

Do you believe it's time for the liberal national media to take note that Senator Biden has made far more misstatements than Governor Palin?

Yes 67% 6722

No 33% 3297

Total Votes: 10019

Source

I'm not saying that that poll reflects the public. if you search threw other polls you see that most believe the media helps who they want to win and in most cases its not Republican

So do you think the media is fair? to me they seem like that are on a witch hunt. Lou Dobbs was talking about this on his show on CNN. he seems to think they are.

I wouldn't compare it to a witch hunt at all. For the most part, I think the media is fair. Even the democratic leaning bias ones.

I would say that Biden has made far more misstatements than Palin because she has been denied the spot light for a while ;), not to mention Biden has been in politics way longer. But yes, all news needs to cover these things if they aren't frivolous misstatements of course.

I wouldn't compare it to a witch hunt at all. For the most part, I think the media is fair. Even the democratic leaning bias ones.

I would say that Biden has made far more misstatements than Palin because she has been denied the spot light for a while ;), not to mention Biden has been in politics way longer. But yes, all news needs to cover these things if they aren't frivolous misstatements of course.

I'm talking about the misstatements in this election, when Palin was picked. the only thing I hear is when Biden asked that wheelchaired person to stand up.

this says it all !!

Lt Ripley, stop those trolling posts or you willl be destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm talking about the misstatements in this election, when Palin was picked. the only thing I hear is when Biden asked that wheelchaired person to stand up.

That is something I would label as frivolous. Everyone, especially under pressure to perform well, can make bad mistakes like that. Even Bush himself asked a blind man to take his sunglasses off during a rose garden question and answer session.

Lt Ripley, stop those trolling posts or you willl be destroyed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pick a cheek and kiss

pick a cheek and kiss

Now that she is herself, she will do much better

:angry2: LT Riply, LORD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL!

hey God loves the truth and that's what I've posted.

Polls put chill in air for GOP

Joe Dwinell By Joe Dwinell

Wednesday, October 1, 2008 - Updated 3h ago

+ Recent Articles + Recent Blog Entries + Email + Bio

Senior Executive City Editor / Web

Joe Dwinell is an online and print editor assigned to the Herald's City Desk.

Even the polls in Alaska are slipping for the GOP ticket as Sarah Palin’s approval rating drops and national polls show Barack Obama building a lead.

Palin rates a softer 68 percent popularity ranking, McClatchy News reports. (It was once 82 percent.) Blame Katie Couric and life under the political microscope.

The numbers:

Click Here

The Gallup Daily poll has Obama sitting on a 49-43 percent advantage. The poll incorporates opinions on both debate performance and handling of the bailout.

The Rasmussen Daily poll also has Obama up by 6 points. The poll also states 46 percent say Obama is too inexperienced to be president - underlying good news for McCain.

McClatchy reports Palin’s support at home has dropped by 14 points as local and national media pick over the governor’s record.

Forbes.com predicts a solid Palin performance at tomorrow night’s vice presidential debate will offset Tina Fey parodies on “Saturday Night Live” and more.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/2008/vie...&position=3

I wouldn't hold my breath Palin pulls through. I'll be watching with my popcorn ready to laugh.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

LT Riply. the only reason McCain is loosing is because of the economy. Republicans are getting the blame for the economy so it really doesn't matter who the Republican canidate is. so I think the polls show more of that then either persons policies

Didn't help with that "I'M GOIN' TA WASHINGTON!!" prat fall he did.

Caesar, are you implying that criticism of Sarah Palin is ungodly? That the Republicans are the Party of God?

Caesar, are you implying that criticism of Sarah Palin is ungodly? That the Republicans are the Party of God?

No, that is just his obnoxious catch phrase he uses on anyone who dares confront him.

Didn't help with that "I'M GOIN' TA WASHINGTON!!" prat fall he did.

And "Call me if you need me" shows leadership and caring in a time of national crisis?!