Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Moderater for VP debate

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1    Sho_Sho

Sho_Sho

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:46 PM

Is it just me, or do you find that Gwen Ifill may have a hard time being objective at the VP debate?

If she is writing a Pro Obama book, and the book will be released around the election date, and the success of that book will rise with Obama being elected, doesn’t it seem a little "special interest" for her to moderate the debate and be tougher on Palin than Biden?

I know if you are wanting Obama to win you will probably think No, she should be able to go ahead and moderate.
But for the sake of fairness on BOTH VP candidates It would really be a breath of fresh air to get an unbiased individual moderating the debates.

Every time I see an interview with Palin or McCain the interviewer doesn’t even hide their snideness towards them.

I can’t even watch t.v anymore without hearing McCain/Palin being slammed, so it would be nice to be able to watch the debate on a level playing field for once!

I wish I could be as cool as you...and say the things you do

#2    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,342 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:54 PM

Well Maccain and Palin have both put bullseye's on there backs themselves and are rightfully being slammed IMO.  I did not know the moderator VP debate was a pro-Obama supporter and if thats thats the case than yes it would be somewhat biased and they should pick someone else.  Guess we won't know till tommorow night how fair the debate is. My guess is Palin will crack and come off looking incapable of running a country such as the U.S. with out a biased moderator and Biden will come out looking good from a lack lust performance thanks to Palin.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#3    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:10 PM

I just hope Biden's helicopter isn't forced down by enemy fire.....................

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#4    CommieX

CommieX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• God shmod! I want my monkey-man!

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

We need a fair and balanced moderator, someone like Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity.  disgust.gif

Posted Image

#5    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,342 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

CommieX on Oct 1 2008, 08:11 AM, said:

We need a fair and balanced moderator, someone like Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity.  disgust.gif

I always laugh out loud when I hear those words in the same sentence  laugh.gif

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#6    rideron

rideron

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:01 PM

The moderator for Thursdays debate, Gwen Ifill, did not disclose her bias toward Obama and is certainly not a neutral journalist.  She is an open advocate of liberal Democratic philosophies, candidates and policies and should be replaced.

The premise of her book on Obama is supposedly an observation on him as being the first accomplished Black politican to achieve recognition and success in spite of his being an African American.

Some Black Politicans and leaders apparently unworthy of Ifill's time or attention; and not fitting her definition of 'notable success':

Clarence Thomas - First black Supreme Court Justice
Condelezza Rice - First Black woman National Security Advisor and First Black woman Secretary of State
James C. Watts - First black Chairman of a major Party (Republican)
Ken Chenault - CEO, American Express. First Black CEO of a Fortune 10 company
Colin Powell - First black Secretary of State, Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff (oh, sorry now that he endorsed Obama he is bookworthy).

Only liberal black political leaders that are worthy of her attention, interest and support.

Edited by rideron, 01 October 2008 - 03:02 PM.

#7    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:06 PM

CommieX on Oct 1 2008, 09:11 AM, said:

Funny. Would you consider Ifill fair and balanced? Given the fact she stands to benefit, financially, should Obama win the election?

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#8    Aztec Warrior

Aztec Warrior

Ancient Order of Hibernians Grand Master

• 3,339 posts

• A neoconservative is a "liberal mugged by reality," one who became more conservative after seeing the results of liberal policies.Iriving Kristol

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

CommieX on Oct 1 2008, 09:11 AM, said:

Or maybe someone like Oberman or Chris Mathews. rolleyes.gif

Posted ImageBlurring and Stirring the truth and the lies

So I don't know what's real and what's not
Always confusing the thoughts in my head
So I can't trust myself anymore
I'm dying again

#9    crtDzyn

crtDzyn

Bills • Sabres • Buffalo

• 4,222 posts

• Get to da choppa

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:40 PM

I think she should be replaced, but I don't think this should be a cop out when Palin does horrible in the debate.  Oh excuse me, if she does horrible rolleyes.gif Not that I expect Biden to do well mind you

Posted Image

#10    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:26 PM

Sho_Sho on Oct 1 2008, 01:46 PM, said:

Every time I see an interview with Palin or McCain the interviewer doesn’t even hide their snideness towards them.

You're allowed to be snide to someone who is such an obvious political gimmick.

rideron on Oct 1 2008, 03:01 PM, said:

The moderator for Thursdays debate, Gwen Ifill, did not disclose her bias toward Obama and is certainly not a neutral journalist.  She is an open advocate of liberal Democratic philosophies, candidates and policies and should be replaced.

The premise of her book on Obama is supposedly an observation on him as being the first accomplished Black politican to achieve recognition and success in spite of his being an African American.

Some Black Politicans and leaders apparently unworthy of Ifill's time or attention; and not fitting her definition of 'notable success':

Clarence Thomas - First black Supreme Court Justice
Condelezza Rice - First Black woman National Security Advisor and First Black woman Secretary of State
James C. Watts - First black Chairman of a major Party (Republican)
Ken Chenault - CEO, American Express. First Black CEO of a Fortune 10 company
Colin Powell - First black Secretary of State, Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff (oh, sorry now that he endorsed Obama he is bookworthy).

Only liberal black political leaders that are worthy of her attention, interest and support.

Funny how none of those people have been the presidential nominee. And being selected as the token black guy/girl in an administration doesn't really count as success to me.
rofl.gif

Aztec Warrior on Oct 1 2008, 03:27 PM, said:

Hey, at least they don't chant the mantra of Fair and Balanced, Fair and Balanced. tongue.gif

(Then again, Bush Is Evil is an equally annoying mantra)

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#11    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:32 PM

CommieX on Oct 1 2008, 03:11 PM, said:

O'Reilly is usually fair. He's an arrogant, obnoxious, idiot, but he's usually fair. Sean Hannity however is a rabid dog that needs to be put down.

As for the OP, it would be absurd to let someone who has publicly endorsed a candidate to moderate. We'll have a repeat of the republican primaries.

#12    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:35 PM

Aztec Warrior on Oct 1 2008, 04:27 PM, said:

I've never seen Mathews but Oberman is getting put down for rabies too.

#13    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

Cradle of Fish on Oct 1 2008, 09:26 PM, said:

Funny how none of those people have been the presidential nominee. And being selected as the token black guy/girl in an administration doesn't really count as success to me.
rofl.gif

So you're claiming that Colin Powell is unqualified and only got to such a high position because he's black? That's not racist or anything.

#14    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:14 PM

BlindMessiah on Oct 1 2008, 08:32 PM, said:

O'Reilly is usually fair. He's an arrogant, obnoxious, idiot, but he's usually fair. Sean Hannity however is a rabid dog that needs to be put down.

As for the OP, it would be absurd to let someone who has publicly endorsed a candidate to moderate. We'll have a repeat of the republican primaries.

How can we know O'Reilly wouldn't try to shout down both candidates though?

BlindMessiah on Oct 1 2008, 08:37 PM, said:

So you're claiming that Colin Powell is unqualified and only got to such a high position because he's black? That's not racist or anything.

That's not what I said and you know it. He lead one of the most devastating wars the US has been engaged in, that's qualification to me, but he was also irrational enough to fall for his administrations BS so I guess it evens out.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#15    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

Cradle of Fish on Oct 1 2008, 09:14 PM, said:

How can we know O'Reilly wouldn't try to shout down both candidates though?

Ya, it'd be a godsend to Obama and McCain. Palin and Biden can't have any gaffes if O'reilly is the moderator.

That's not what I said and you know it. He lead one of the most devastating wars the US has been engaged in, that's qualification to me, but he was also irrational enough to fall for his administrations BS so I guess it evens out.

It was implied. You said he was a token appointment. Look at how that sounds. He also bailed out on the administration because he realized they had gone astray. Better to fix a mistake than continue head first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users