Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Palin Performance Helps McCain

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#16    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:03 PM

MasterPo on Oct 4 2008, 05:32 AM, said:

A Mayor leads the city police.
A Govenour leads the state police and state national guard.

What armed forces has Obama ever had command over?

Now that's the cheapest shot at class envy I've seen in a long time!

Big difference is that she and he husband earned every penny. They didn't take buckets of money from now-failed companies like Obama or lobbyists.

And just how many millions does Obama and Biden have? Didn't hear you complain about that!  unsure.gif

Very low shot. Desperate for something?  rolleyes.gif

It's not a cheap shot, Obama nor Biden claim to be middle class...she does.  As far as commanding our military, that was my personal opinion...I think that if most people truly tought through the VP position, they wouldn't vote for Palin. She is a remarkable person (bright, refreshing, and folksy); but, not one I'd trust as commander of our armed forces - especially in critical times (they could be construed as a "gotcha" moment).

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

#17    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,620 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:27 PM

MasterPo on Oct 4 2008, 06:01 AM, said:

According to CNN Money, in 2005 1 out of 125 Americans had a worth of $1 million or more (not including the value of their primary residence). In 2005 7.5 million Americans have a worth if $1 million or more.

According to TNS Global, by mid-2006 that figure had jumped to 9.3 million Americans.

There are quite a few Americans with a million dollar values or pretty close to it. So that kind of argument is truly a cheap shot at class envy.

Not including the value of their primary residence? In brackets? I think that says a lot, by itself.

I don't think that the wealthiest 1 out of 125 Americans really counts as "the middle class", somehow. Unless you're implying that 124 out of 125 Americans are members of "the lower class".

But don't take my word for it. Have a look at the Academic Class models. You'll note that having a net worth of $1 Million or more, including the value of their "primary residence" ( or house, as it's more commonly known), puts someone firmly within the Capitalist (upper) class, the top 1%.

#18    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

MasterPo on Oct 4 2008, 06:01 AM, said:

A million ain't what it used to be. wink2.gif

According to CNN Money, in 2005 1 out of 125 Americans had a worth of $1 million or more (not including the value of their primary residence). In 2005 7.5 million Americans have a worth if $1 million or more.

According to TNS Global, by mid-2006 that figure had jumped to 9.3 million Americans.

There are quite a few Americans with a million dollar values or pretty close to it. So that kind of argument is truly a cheap shot at class envy.

ps- Have you ever read "The Millionaire Next Door"?

Let's look at the numbers you presented:

2005  1/125 people have a net worth of $1 million or more not counting their primary residence. That is 8/10 of one percent of the U.S. population and this isn't counting their primary residence.

2006  9.3/300 million people in the U.S. have $1 million or more counting their primary residence.  That is 3%.  You could very easily describe away most of the 2.2% discrepency by adding in the the primary house in the first instance.

Also po, you're erroneously trying to assert that the middle class is now, based on 2006 numbers, part of the top 3% of the economy as deemed by net worth.  As Tiggs asserts, you're attempting to claim that 97% of the U.S. population is below the middle class.  MasterPo, were you also an advocate for the government to classify fast food restaurant jobs as manufacturing too?

#19    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 22,827 posts

• Dysfunctional you can fix.

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:20 PM

The Silver Thong on Oct 3 2008, 09:19 AM, said:

Palin came off looking fake fake fake. I did not get that she was sincere about anything. Her whole act about being a regular hockey mom is so contrived and the way she refers to the average American as joe-six pack LOL. Yup she respects the people all right  no.gif  I can't wait to see her in another live interview, more material for the gaff files lol

LOl she showed she is not truly  educated on much of anything , ..... she showed that she can be rehearsed but anyone could  be ..
beyond that she is the equivalent of  the avon lady IMO...

If anyone has been to Alaska they will know that  Palin is out of the main stream as it reflects in  her style which works for the shopping network.... ....... ...Alaska is  2000 miles of wilderness, one road in  that you cant do more than 30 miles an hour on do  to the bumps.........We are not  talking metropolis pov........

Edited by Tangerine Sheri, 04 October 2008 - 05:27 PM.

#20    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

Tiggs on Oct 4 2008, 08:27 AM, said:

I don't think that the wealthiest 1 out of 125 Americans really counts as "the middle class", somehow. Unless you're implying that 124 out of 125 Americans are members of "the lower class".

You're right.

Let's go find a Joe-Six-Pack making $22/hr at the mill who wants to be Presdient. I'm sure you'll cut him some slack too when he doesn't know the leader of this or that middle east country or can't discuss this or that doctrine.

No problem.

Very very cheap shots. Ammo is so running dry here.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#21    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

MasterPo on Oct 4 2008, 07:19 PM, said:

You're right.

Let's go find a Joe-Six-Pack making $22/hr at the mill who wants to be Presdient. I'm sure you'll cut him some slack too when he doesn't know the leader of this or that middle east country or can't discuss this or that doctrine.

No problem.

Very very cheap shots. Ammo is so running dry here.

Are you equating Palin with a person who makes $22 per hour?  The difference between Joe6Pack and Palin is the Joe6pack knows he isn't qualified to run this country.

#22    Splodgenessabounds

Splodgenessabounds

The Artful Splodger

• 2,226 posts

• Who is Keyser Söze?

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

SoCrazes on Oct 4 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

Are you equating Palin with a person who makes $22 per hour?  The difference between Joe6Pack and Palin is the Joe6pack knows he isn't qualified to run this country.

What are the qualifications needed to be president?

EDIT: Damn grammar!

Edited by Splodgenessabounds, 04 October 2008 - 09:00 PM.

"It doesn't matter if it is a black cat or a white cat.  As long as it can catch mice, it's a good cat."
Deng Xiaoping

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
Walter Sobchak - The Big Lebowski

#23    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

Splodgenessabounds on Oct 4 2008, 08:57 PM, said:

What are the qualifications for being president?

Natural born citizen who has resided in the US for at least 14 years and is at least 40 years of age.

#24    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:59 PM

35!

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#25    Splodgenessabounds

Splodgenessabounds

The Artful Splodger

• 2,226 posts

• Who is Keyser Söze?

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:08 PM

SoCrazes on Oct 4 2008, 09:59 PM, said:

Natural born citizen who has resided in the US for at least 14 years and is at least 40 years of age.

Exactly.

Nothing in there about foreign experience, managing economies, budgets or anything for that.

So Palin and Joe "Six Pack" are equally qualified to run the US.

I swear this election is more Obama v Palin than Obama v McCain.  No one gives a nat's scrotum about McCain anymore.  I feel sorry for him.

"It doesn't matter if it is a black cat or a white cat.  As long as it can catch mice, it's a good cat."
Deng Xiaoping

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
Walter Sobchak - The Big Lebowski

#26    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,814 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:29 PM

Splodgenessabounds on Oct 4 2008, 11:57 PM, said:

What are the qualifications needed to be president?

EDIT: Damn grammar!

reading the teleprompter as demonstrated.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#27    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:31 PM

SilverCougar on Oct 4 2008, 08:59 PM, said:

35!

Sorry, you're correct.  Min ages: 35 years of age to be a president 30 years of age to be a senator and 25 to be rep.

Edited by SoCrazes, 04 October 2008 - 09:32 PM.

#28    wolfieboy

wolfieboy

Psychic Spy

• 1,808 posts

• yesterday is today, when you look back tomorrow

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

SoCrazes on Oct 3 2008, 11:25 PM, said:

She just didn't hurt the campaign.  If people truly think they see her capable of commanding generals in a critical situation then the education system, and NCLB, is a real ripoff in this country.

Additionally, she isn't "one of us."  She is a millionairre, and the last I checked, being a millionairre precludes you from the middle class.

yes but let us regular folk not forget, she has been at the kitchen table discussing all the bill problems she has had to face.   honey do we really need a second gardener,  well dear we do live in alaska,      geezzzzzzzzz. she has got some nerve trying to sell the country her trumped up image of america.

#29    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:37 PM

Splodgenessabounds on Oct 4 2008, 02:08 PM, said:

Exactly.

Nothing in there about foreign experience, managing economies, budgets or anything for that.

I swear this election is more Obama v Palin than Obama v McCain.  No one gives a nat's scrotum about McCain anymore.  I feel sorry for him.

Hey.  Hey, hey, hey.  Please.  The Constitution is simply setting the legal limits for eligibility, not qualifications!  Don't play that game.  There is nothing in the Constitution about the qualifications for office.  So when child labor laws state that a minor can't do certain jobs, does that imply to you that anyone over the age of 18 is automatically qualified for any and every position they apply for???  

This is just nuts.  President of the United States is a freakin' job.  It is extremely demanding and we should be extremely demanding of anyone applying for it.  It's principle job description is to uphold the Constitution.  So, a little knowledge of that document might be nice.  A little knowledge of the history of threats to that document, foreign and domestic, would be doubly nice!  A well-rounded knowledge of the other branches of government, major and minor Supreme Court decisions, political philosophy, some economic theory, familiarity with foreign cultures, foreign laws and legal systems, military history, diplomatic history--all that and more.  

But no, a six-pack and a speech writer--oh and the ENTIRE GOP POLITICAL MACHINE BEHIND YOU--is all ya need nowadays.

Y'know, I think I know why the press is so in love with Sarah Palin:  she got a B.S. in Journalism (after going to 6 schools in 6 years).  Suddenly, because of Palin, Hannity and O'Reily and Beck and Scarborough can all think of themselves as Presidential hopefuls!

#30    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

Splodgenessabounds on Oct 4 2008, 09:08 PM, said:

Exactly.

So true, and with what is meant as qualified regarding the presidency, I'll reword my statement as:  The difference between Joe6Pack and Palin is that Joe6pack knows he doesn't have the abilities run this country.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users