Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Palin Performance Helps McCain

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,622 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:41 PM

Splodgenessabounds on Oct 5 2008, 12:08 AM, said:

No one gives a nat's scrotum about McCain anymore.  I feel sorry for him.

McCain's campaign was dubbed the sleeping pill from day one, the only way he got himself into the news was choosing Palin.

And I don't feel sorry for him. If you can't motivate your people (never mind those from the other camp) you don't deserve any better.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#32    Splodgenessabounds

Splodgenessabounds

The Artful Splodger

• 2,226 posts

• Who is Keyser Söze?

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:52 PM

HKCavalier on Oct 4 2008, 10:37 PM, said:

This is just nuts.  President of the United States is a freakin' job.  It is extremely demanding and we should be extremely demanding of anyone applying for it.

I couldn't agree more.  I think there should be a list of qualifications or executive experience (or what you will) that dictate who is eligable for the most important and most demanding job in the US.  Like you said,

So, a little knowledge of that document might be nice.  A little knowledge of the history of threats to that document, foreign and domestic, would be doubly nice!  A well-rounded knowledge of the other branches of government, major and minor Supreme Court decisions, political philosophy, some economic theory, familiarity with foreign cultures, foreign laws and legal systems, military history, diplomatic history--all that and more.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds, 04 October 2008 - 10:47 PM.

"It doesn't matter if it is a black cat or a white cat.  As long as it can catch mice, it's a good cat."
Deng Xiaoping

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
Walter Sobchak - The Big Lebowski

#33    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:41 PM

wolfieboy on Oct 4 2008, 09:32 PM, said:

yes but let us regular folk not forget, she has been at the kitchen table discussing all the bill problems she has had to face.   honey do we really need a second gardener,  well dear we do live in alaska,      geezzzzzzzzz. she has got some nerve trying to sell the country her trumped up image of america.

Thanks for the laugh on that one.  w00t.gif

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

#34    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:09 AM

Splodgenessabounds on Oct 4 2008, 04:52 PM, said:

I couldn't agree more.  I think there should be a list of qualifications or executive experience (or what you will) that dictate who is eligable for the most important and most demanding job in the US.  Like you said,

I agree...

Mind you, I like Obama, but I still cannot find where HE has the qualifications either..

"Barack Obama has never led anything. Nothing. Nada. So, our opponents want to reframe the debate. They would have you believe that this election is about 'change versus more of the same.' But that's really a false choice. Because 'change' is not a destination ... just as 'hope' is not a strategy."
  Rudy Giuliani

/2 term Illinois state senator
//JR. US senator (3 years-most spent on campaign trail)
///'community leader'???

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 05 October 2008 - 12:15 AM.

Total American Isolationism Now
Complete and across the board. Over the next fifty years, America needs to develop energy independence
and terminate any and all relations with most all countries not on the North American Continent.
Forever...

#35    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:13 AM

Oh FFS!  Get over the whole "lulz! Community Leader!" thing.. It's been explained over and freakin over why it's a good thing.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#36    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:17 AM

SilverCougar on Oct 4 2008, 07:13 PM, said:

Oh FFS!  Get over the whole "lulz! Community Leader!" thing.. It's been explained over and freakin over why it's a good thing.

No..It hasn't.

And what does a 'community leader' actually do to warrant running the US?

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 05 October 2008 - 12:18 AM.

Complete and across the board. Over the next fifty years, America needs to develop energy independence
and terminate any and all relations with most all countries not on the North American Continent.
Forever...

#37    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:19 AM

Pinky Floyd on Oct 5 2008, 03:17 AM, said:

run a community... which is more than running the Texas state finances into the ground as qualification... but as I said before, with the actual experience I can see your reservations...

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#38    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:23 AM

questionmark on Oct 4 2008, 07:19 PM, said:

run a community...

Like a mayor?

Why does he get credit for that and Palin gets ridiculed for essentially the same thing?

/keep in mind I'm a Libertarian..I cannot stand either party with equal fervor..

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 05 October 2008 - 12:24 AM.

Forever...

#39    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:24 AM

Pinky Floyd on Oct 5 2008, 01:17 AM, said:

No..It hasn't.

LEAD A COMMUNITY!  It's leadership skills.. how basic can it be explained.

McCain can't even run his own freakin compaign straight...

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and

#40    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:27 AM

Pinky Floyd on Oct 5 2008, 01:23 AM, said:

Like a mayor?

Why does he get credit for that and Palin gets ridiculed for essentially the same thing?

/keep in mind I'm a Libertarian..I cannot stand either party with equal fervor..

Palin's not getting slammed for being a mayor.  She's being slammed for crap she did while mayor and while govenor.  Not to mention a whole other host of other things.

Yeah, she was a mayor.  Yes that's skills.  But with her.. those skills don't seem to sink in.

#41    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:27 AM

SilverCougar on Oct 4 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

LEAD A COMMUNITY!  It's leadership skills.. how basic can it be explained.

McCain can't even run his own freakin compaign straight...

I repeat

Like a mayor?

Forever...

#42    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:29 AM

Pinky Floyd on Oct 5 2008, 03:23 AM, said:

Like a mayor?

I don't think that the actual position, or previous position qualify anybody for the position of Prezz, no matter what you were or what you are it has to be learned.

Now, would I rather take somebody who started his career as community lawyer than somebody who started her career as beauty queen? well..... don't want to be sexist but the latter seems a little too superficial to me (and explains the seeing Russia exclamations among others).

about me

#43    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:32 AM

questionmark on Oct 4 2008, 07:29 PM, said:

I don't think that the actual position, or previous position qualify anybody for the position of Prezz, no matter what you were or what you are it has to be learned.

Now, would I rather take somebody who started his career as community lawyer than somebody who started her career as beauty queen? well..... don't want to be sexist but the latter seems a little too superficial to me (and explains the seeing Russia exclamations among others).

I see where you are coming from.  I like fairness. And I see the Dems going out of their way to inflate Obama's credentials and diminish Palins; considering that both have about equal credentials and are both unqualified to be POTUS. McCain and Biden ARE qualified due to their time spent on Capital Hill.  Even though I dislike both of them..

/Dubya was unqualified as well and look where it got us...

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 05 October 2008 - 12:34 AM.

Forever...

#44    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,622 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:40 PM

Pinky Floyd on Oct 5 2008, 03:32 AM, said:

I see where you are coming from.  I like fairness. And I see the Dems going out of their way to inflate Obama's credentials and diminish Palins; considering that both have about equal credentials and are both unqualified to be POTUS. McCain and Biden ARE qualified due to their time spent on Capital Hill.  Even though I dislike both of them..

/Dubya was unqualified as well and look where it got us...

thumbsup.gif  laugh.gif

about me

#45    AROCES

AROCES

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 16,312 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:56 PM

Most thought Biden will slam her and it was a mismatch.
Didn't happen,so that makes Palin the winner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users