Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

How can our Military ever respect Obama?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:18 PM

danielost on Oct 3 2008, 11:07 PM, said:

It is unpatriotic to call the couintry a guilt ridden pc crack house if you supplied the crack and do not plan on doing anything that really makes a change.

Unpatriotic is selecting a VP with no positive attributes to help you win the election.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#17    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:21 PM

danielost on Oct 3 2008, 03:07 PM, said:

It is unpatriotic to call the couintry a guilt ridden pc crack house if you supplied the crack and do not plan on doing anything that really makes a change.

Tell them that.

(waits for Bill and chem and taht other guy).

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#18    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

They won't respect him but they will obey hom because that's their job.

And moral will sink.

Just like under Clinton.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#19    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:39 PM

So it's unpatriotic to point out the gapeing flaws this country has.. while trying to do something to change it around for the better.

Well alrighty then.   You know, this country is hardly "Number 1!" anymore.  The Neitherlands is actually one of the top countries when it comes to freedoms and such.

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#20    SQLserver

SQLserver

Poltergeist

• 2,199 posts

• "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity"

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

What's next, daniel? Soon it will start being "unpatriotic" to criticize the government, then it will be "unpatriotic" to talk about the constitution, then it will be "unpatriotic" to not be Christian, then it will be "unpatriotic" to be an intellectual and then it will be "unpatriotic" to criticize the Party, and then it will be "unpatriotic" to think at all.

Cheers,
SQLserver

#21    Splodgenessabounds

Splodgenessabounds

The Artful Splodger

• 2,226 posts

• Who is Keyser SŲze?

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:46 PM

Sho_Sho on Oct 3 2008, 08:25 PM, said:

"Asked whether he would move U.S. troops out of Iraq to better fight terrorism elsewhere, he brought up Afghanistan and said, "We've got to get the job done there and that requires us to have enough troops so that we're not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous pressure over there."

Or Mrs. Obama

"We’re a country that is “just downright mean,” we are “guided by fear,” we’re a nation of cynics, sloths, and complacents. “We have become a nation of struggling folks who are barely making it every day,”

I agree with them.  What's wrong with these comments?

"It doesn't matter if it is a black cat or a white cat.  As long as it can catch mice, it's a good cat."
Deng Xiaoping

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
Walter Sobchak - The Big Lebowski

#22    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 03 October 2008 - 10:46 PM

There's a big difference between pointing out problems to be fixed and saying your country is a bad place because of them or saying your country is lesser or saying your country and your countrymen (except you of course) are bad people because of it.

#23    Splodgenessabounds

Splodgenessabounds

The Artful Splodger

• 2,226 posts

• Who is Keyser SŲze?

Posted 03 October 2008 - 11:01 PM

I can't wait for this election to be over.  All I hear now is Republican supporters b****ing about Obama and Democrat supporters b****ing about McCain (with the occasional cheap shot at Palin).

Jesus Christ people, you're supposed to be electing the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES and you're all arguing like a bunch of children.

Did you see Obama/McCain b**** at each other like children at the debate like you guys do?  Did Biden/Palin?

If you're a Demo, McCain is the devil's sperm and Palin is dumb as Paris Hilton.  If you're a Repub, Obama is the devil's sperm (dunno much about Biden).  If you guys can't discuss the issues without the Republi-goggles or Demo-goggles you seem to be constantly wearing, then you don't deserve to vote.

Just grow up, please, for the good of your country and realise that the USA is screwed with either candidate.

RESPECT TO ALL.

"It doesn't matter if it is a black cat or a white cat.  As long as it can catch mice, it's a good cat."
Deng Xiaoping

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
Walter Sobchak - The Big Lebowski

#24    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,642 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:16 AM

To answer your question.  When I was in basic they told us we were not saluting the man but the title.  So they will honor the president not that idiot Obama.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#25    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:43 AM

Splodgenessabounds on Oct 3 2008, 07:01 PM, said:

Just grow up, please, for the good of your country and realise that the USA is screwed with either candidate.

I don't agree.

I definately think one candidate, Obama, will do far more harm than good to the country.

The military will comply. That's their function in our nation.

But it doesn't mean they will like it.

Fortunately the nation is a lot more than just one person.

#26    CosmicStaR

CosmicStaR

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

• **Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well..**

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

This is all irerevelant to me since they are both pawns to the real leaders of this country--and that's the international bankers--
By the way--they both voted for the Patriot Act--how patriotic was that vote?

Posted Image

"-*This world is not conclusion; A sequel stands beyond, Invisible as music, But positive, as sound.-*"

ďPhysical strength is measured by what we can carry, Spiritual by what we can bear..Ē

#27    freeman88

freeman88

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds."

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:04 AM

Sho_Sho on Oct 3 2008, 02:20 PM, said:

First off.  Both of my brothers were sent to Afghanistan, twice, and they or anyone in their unit NEVER EVER killed civilians or bombed a village, they are in the Mountains clearing out caves where the Taliban hid, and collecting the weapons the Taliban was using on our troops. They were getting shot at, and one of my brothers had his best friends head shot off right next to him and had his brains splatter all over him, still they have NEVER killed an innocent civilian.

They have never once complained about serving their country and I am sick and tired of hearing people talk crap and say things they donít know what they are talking about. They are not murdering innocent people. Our government sends them in and then turns their back on them.

I do not want cushy speeches, I know how bad America has gotten, but I also donít like being insulted by the people who are trying to preside over us and having my brothers being insulted after everything that they have gone through and done for their country.

At least McCain respects our service men and women. Thatís more than what I can say of Obama and his horrible wife.   Itís a total slap in the face for our guys in the military to hear the people who sent them to war in the first place say these things about them.

You can find videos of U.S soldiers killing innocent people on you-tube. And isn't it the republicans who started this mess in the first place? How is it Obamas fault??

#28    __Kratos__

__Kratos__

-Staring-

• 25,876 posts

• As darkness falls, night unfolds ebony wings to wrap the world in it's dark embrace.

Posted 04 October 2008 - 01:12 AM

Obama has edge in military donations, group says

Obama, Paul net most military workers' campaign donations

Granted his comments made him look like a giant butt and they really are unexcuseable. Civilians are not the targets. You'd have to be nothing less then an idiot to think such things.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." ~Philip K. Dick

"Passion, peace. Strength, knowledge. Power, serenity. Victory, harmony. Freedom, the Force." ~Ashara Zavros

#29    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:17 AM

freeman88 on Oct 3 2008, 09:04 PM, said:

You can find videos of U.S soldiers killing innocent people on you-tube. And isn't it the republicans who started this mess in the first place? How is it Obamas fault??

Post a link!  disgust.gif

#30    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:18 AM

__Kratos__ on Oct 3 2008, 06:12 PM, said:

Granted his comments made him look like a giant butt and they really are unexcuseable. Civilians are not the targets. You'd have to be nothing less then an idiot to think such things.

Yeah, but he didn't say that.

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users