Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Waking up with tiny cuts on my fingers

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:35 PM

This has happened to me repeatedly: I wake up in the morning with tiny cuts on my fingers.

I've noticed this strange occurence has been mentioned on this forum and other paranormal forums, and people have wondered if this has had a supernatural origin. I'm sure in my case there is a very natural reason for occuring with me but I can't figure out what it is. I'd much prefer to consider possible natural origins before jumping to supernatural conclusions, and I know there are several skeptics on this forum, so can you help me out?

Things to rule out: I don't sleep near anything with sharp edges; I have very short nails (so they can't be accidentally cutting me in my sleep)...I can't think of anything else at the monent. Maybe you guys have any ideas?

This isn't a major worry in my life. It's just something I've been wondering about over the years, and since similar cases have been mentioned on this and other forums any ideas would be appreciated original.gif

Have you any idea how it feels to be a fembot living in a manbot's man-puter's world?

#2    samz ish magical x

samz ish magical x

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

• Designer skyline in my head, abstract and still well-read. [Designer Skyline by Owl City.]

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

Well, does your bed have anything sharp on it? I'm not quite clear on the cuts. Are they bleeding or bloody? Do they look like paper cuts? I don't have a clue, but I want to narrow it down a bit more original.gif

samz ish magical x

Sammy :]

#3    eight bits

eight bits

• 6,169 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:17 PM

I don't sleep near anything with sharp edges

Smart move.

I have very short nails (so they can't be accidentally cutting me in my sleep)...

If A is harder than B, then A can scratch B. Hardness is a searchable term. Your nails are harder than your skin.

Length is not typically a feature in human nails' cutting performance, although moderate length does contribute to accidental scratches. Edge sharpness makes it easier to cut things, but has nothing to do with whether it is possible in the first place.

A dull knife will cut you, a sharpened piece of cheese will not.

Posted Image

#4    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

Samz ish, the cuts are never bloody. They basically look like paper cuts. They don't hurt. I just notice them after waking, and they're never there before I go to sleep at night.

Eight bits, my nails are really short, and I keep them filed with an emery board so the edges are smooth and rounded.

Once again, I assume there is a very normal reason for this. I have a cat, but it doesn't sleep in the room. And the cuts don't look like cat scratches. The cuts are very, very light; only a few mms long, and are straight.

Have you any idea how it feels to be a fembot living in a manbot's man-puter's world?

#5    samz ish magical x

samz ish magical x

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

• Designer skyline in my head, abstract and still well-read. [Designer Skyline by Owl City.]

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

Hm, maybe you put your fingers in your mouth while you sleep and your teeth caused this whole thing grin2.gif Hah, other than that, I don't know. I'll keep thinking! <3

Samz

#6    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:52 PM

samz ish magical x on Oct 6 2008, 02:46 AM, said:

Hm, maybe you put your fingers in your mouth while you sleep and your teeth caused this whole thing grin2.gif Hah, other than that, I don't know. I'll keep thinking! <3

Samz

Who knows, it could be my teeth original.gif I'm thinking it's probably not...but then it's a more likely possibility then something supernatural. Perhaps I'm subconsciously a vampire wink2.gif

Thanks for the input.

#7    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:12 PM

Perhaps your hair?  Perhaps you are dragging your fingers through your hair and its going taut and causing the paper cut? original.gif

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#8    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

Whangarei on Oct 6 2008, 03:12 AM, said:

Perhaps your hair?  Perhaps you are dragging your fingers through your hair and its going taut and causing the paper cut? original.gif

I like that one. I'd pretty much say you've got it. Thanks. original.gif

Edit: for spelling

Edited by NosmoKing, 05 October 2008 - 04:27 PM.

#9    samz ish magical x

samz ish magical x

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

Hah, I should have thought of hair! wink2.gif Eh, teeth were always possible!  yes.gif

#10    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:33 PM

samz ish magical x on Oct 6 2008, 03:29 AM, said:

Hah, I should have thought of hair! wink2.gif Eh, teeth were always possible!  yes.gif

Teeth are more interesting, definitely more creepy wink2.gif ...but I'd say the hair has it hands down.

#11    Whangarei

Whangarei

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

• "Don't be sorry, just improve."

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:39 PM

bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif      Do I get a prize!!!!!! grin2.gif

Seek peace, and pursue it.
http://nl.youtube.co...feature=related

#12    snappydragon

snappydragon

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

• ok, I'm listening, tell me more

Posted 06 October 2008 - 03:34 AM

Another possibility. If you use harsh detergents or just tend to have dry hands, tiny cracks can apear on them, looking for all the world like tiny cuts.My husband gets them on nhis hands too, and I have also got them on my hands. Use some special cream like udder cream or a powerful skin ointment and the cuts will get better. His tend to do it if he goes out in the cold

The future is no place to place your better days. from "cry freedom" by Dave Mathews band.

#13    Iron Sheik

Iron Sheik

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:11 AM

NosmoKing on Oct 5 2008, 06:35 AM, said:

This has happened to me repeatedly: I wake up in the morning with tiny cuts on my fingers.

I've noticed this strange occurence has been mentioned on this forum and other paranormal forums, and people have wondered if this has had a supernatural origin. I'm sure in my case there is a very natural reason for occuring with me but I can't figure out what it is. I'd much prefer to consider possible natural origins before jumping to supernatural conclusions, and I know there are several skeptics on this forum, so can you help me out?

Things to rule out: I don't sleep near anything with sharp edges; I have very short nails (so they can't be accidentally cutting me in my sleep)...I can't think of anything else at the monent. Maybe you guys have any ideas?

This isn't a major worry in my life. It's just something I've been wondering about over the years, and since similar cases have been mentioned on this and other forums any ideas would be appreciated original.gif

Do you have a cat? If so, is it unclawed?

Mine isn't, sometimes I wake up in the morning looking like Jim Caviezel after the scourging scene in The Passion of the Christ.

#14    NosmoKing

NosmoKing

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:48 AM

Whangarei on Oct 6 2008, 03:39 AM, said:

bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif      Do I get a prize!!!!!! grin2.gif

Your prize is you are ruler of the universe for one day (starting now). Use this prize wisely wink2.gif

Snappydragon, that's a good idea. But I don't use detergents much and when I do I have rubber gloves on (like washing the dishes). Also, my mum gets tiny cracks on her hands during the winter, and mine look different to that. Usually for me, there are only one or two cuts at a time.

Gaivs, I do have a cat, but he doesn't sleep in my room. Also, I've had cat scratches and they look different to these scratches.

Thanks for the input everyone.

#15    Sun Raven

Sun Raven

Alpha & Omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

• I am the master of my fate.
    I am the captain of my soul

Posted 06 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

Watch out for insects, some can give you some harsh punishment, some spiders are known to bite.

Rat infestation, yes, rats do chew on human skin. And it can be very hazardous to your health.

Posted Image

Sun Raven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users