Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Debate Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 22 October 2008 - 01:57 AM

Boxers or briefs?

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#17    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 10:14 AM

Ziggy Stardust on Oct 21 2008, 08:22 AM, said:

The Death Penalty: Yay or Nay?

I'd argue nay.

I'd take you up but, we've been there.  laugh.gif

#18    msmischief

msmischief

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 06:35 AM

Incorrigible1 on Oct 21 2008, 06:57 PM, said:

Boxers or briefs?

Boxers!!

#19    The Original Chupa King

The Original Chupa King

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

Hmm...how about Thor vs Odin!

Thor vs Odin debate, in which Thor folks gotta go against Odin folks in a battle of wits and epic storytelling.

(Just to mention, Saru reminds me of Thor, due to his 8-legged horse called High-Internet Connection, and his mighty Ban Hammer.) grin2.gif

#20    thor94

thor94

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:26 PM

Colts or Pats?

NFC or AFC?

Superbowl or World Series?

lol all sports

Manbearpig or Aliens?

#21    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

Muscle Cars Debate:…

Fords…

Chevys…

Chrysler/ Mopars…

Pavot cool.gif

Edited by Pavot, 28 October 2008 - 07:36 PM.

#22    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

Debate: Old School Hot Rods…(ex : Chopped and Blown 1932 Ford Coups)  

or

Smooth Nostalgic Classic cars…(ex : Smooth Black 1947 Cadillac)

Pavot cool.gif

#23    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

Old School Pre-1950 Harley Davidson Motorcycles vs. Old School Pre-1950 Indian Motorcycles

Pavot cool.gif

Edited by Pavot, 28 October 2008 - 07:46 PM.

#24    Karlis

Karlis

• 8,614 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:37 AM

Saru on Oct 9 2008, 06:20 AM, said:

Please post your ideas for new debate topics here. If you'd like to challenge someone to a debate and aren't sure what topic to go for then this thread should provide you with a few ideas, alternatively if you have an idea for a debate topic that you'd like to see someone else have a go at then please feel free to post it here.
Hi Saru – a number of people have suggested (in this thread-topic) that they would like to debate a specific topic.

A problem, as I see it, is that not too many folks come and read through this particular “thread”, and so are not aware of who would like to debate what.

I wonder if you would consider starting a “dedicated topics-thread” where people would post what they wish to debate, and which side they want to argue? That way, interested people could easily accept a debate direct from that thread-page, by clicking on a person's name, for example (???) -- and have a suitable "acceptance to a debate" form presented to them.

And, when someone accepts a debate, the original post could be removed, to avoid acceptances from more than one person at a time.

Just a thought …
Karlis

#25    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,549 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 01 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

If such a debate is permissable, I would enjoy debating the existence of god with someone. I don't wish this to be a debate about any particular religions' definition of god though, but rather simply whether god in some form exists. In the spirit of debate I would be willing to argue for the existence of god if someone of religious belief would entertain arguing against the existence of god?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#26    churchanddestroy

churchanddestroy

Secretary of No State

• 3,088 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

Leonardo on Dec 1 2008, 04:20 AM, said:

If such a debate is permissable, I would enjoy debating the existence of god with someone. I don't wish this to be a debate about any particular religions' definition of god though, but rather simply whether god in some form exists. In the spirit of debate I would be willing to argue for the existence of god if someone of religious belief would entertain arguing against the existence of god?

I'd argue for a non-specific higher power of sorts or against Theism.

When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.

#27    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,763 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:01 PM

Existence if demonic spirits
Thanks
Universal legend

Posted Image

#28    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,549 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:22 AM

churchanddestroy on Dec 1 2008, 03:59 PM, said:

I'd argue for a non-specific higher power of sorts or against Theism.

Do you define Theism as simply the belief in a deity, church, and would it argue against the existence of a higher power or would it simply suggest the worship of such is foolish? I don't wish the debate to be about the validity of belief but about the existence of a higher power. If your argument against Theism would not include that then I will debate you with you arguing for the existence of a higher power, and me, against.

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

#29    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,938 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:26 AM

Leonardo on Dec 1 2008, 09:20 PM, said:

If no one else takes you up on this, I might accept this debate.  I think i could successfully debate the non-existence of God, if you could be willing to debate a creator (non-specific) does exist.  However, I'm currently in the middle of another debate and don't want to over-extend myself.  I have real life to contend with as well somewhere along the lines, lol tongue.gif  

If no god-believer takes you up before then, count me in.  But if someone does come in, I'd be happy to read this at this as an observer also thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Edited by Paranoid Android, 02 December 2008 - 09:36 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#30    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,549 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:09 AM

Paranoid Android on Dec 2 2008, 09:26 AM, said:

If no one else takes you up on this, I might accept this debate.  I think i could successfully debate the non-existence of God, if you could be willing to debate a creator (non-specific) does exist.  However, I'm currently in the middle of another debate and don't want to over-extend myself.  I have real life to contend with as well somewhere along the lines, lol tongue.gif  

If no god-believer takes you up before then, count me in.  But if someone does come in, I'd be happy to read this at this as an observer also thumbsup.gif

Regards,

Real life? What's that???  unsure.gif

laugh.gif

I'm unsure if church's "against Theism" is about belief or god, PA, so I'll wait and see if that's okay with you. If I debate for god against church then I'll debate the other side against you after both debates [including yours with Tiggs] are done with. I appreciate your offer as I specifically wanted people to debate the side they don't necessarily believe themselves - such is the true art of debate that the personal belief of the debator is unimportant.  original.gif

You and Tiggs have set a high benchmark for debates, btw. Hope I can live with the standards you've set!

Edited by Leonardo, 02 December 2008 - 11:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users