Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

star wars program

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    disturbed_bassist

disturbed_bassist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 March 2004 - 03:23 PM

what happened to the planned star wars program i heard a while back that would be built to interecept rouge ICBM's?  did bush realise hes spent up all the money?

and wouldnt such a program cost more money currently in existence???

#2    Dementia

Dementia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 09:18 AM

I think the plan is still on..but its a modified one from the star wars plan. The new one is the National Missile Defence shield  in which incomming missile would be shot down by laser mounted 747's, More powerful Patriot missiles or SAM's..there are a few other options in development. However in a recent article it was reported that..Russia has started to develop a new kind of ICBM which can be mannouverd in mid flight to such an extant..that any kind of missile shield would be ineffective against it.
Then again...for some wierd reason if russia decides to launch over 100 missiles(which it can)..shield or no shield..Usa is doomed. ph34r.gif  

#3    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:49 AM

yeah but if it did that, i'd be more than happy for America to return fire with several hundred more:p

#4    mowo

mowo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:06 AM

I think the US should construct a kind of 'Death star' utilising a 'Laser'.

#5    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 10:12 AM

If they're going to start shooting missles at each other, I wish they'd do it and get it over with. Decrease the surplus population and make the planet a wasteland just so they can prove a point.

The space based anti-missle program is still in the works at Lockheed Skunk works and EG&G in Nevada/Utah

Edited by stillcrazy, 24 March 2004 - 10:13 AM.

#6    Ashigaru

Ashigaru

Pretty Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 05:38 AM

We could live like they did in fallout  grin2.gif
Did you know that the 3rd fallout was almost finished when BIS was shutdown by Interplay?

Edited by Ashigaru, 25 March 2004 - 05:39 AM.

Posted Image

#7    disturbed_bassist

disturbed_bassist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:08 AM

how the hell can russia afford to build manouvarable nukes? arnt they broke???

and when is russia going to be disarmed? dont u think its dangerous to have such an unstable country with such a dangerous arsenal, they cant even afford to maintain their nukes anymore.  they just get a monkey to maintain it so they only have to pay him peanuts.

#8    WorkMonkey

WorkMonkey

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (disturbed_bassist @ Mar 26 2004, 01:08 AM)

and when is russia going to be disarmed? dont u think its dangerous to have such an unstable country with such a dangerous arsenal, they cant even afford to maintain their nukes anymore.  they just get a monkey to maintain it so they only have to pay him peanuts.

Don't you think it would be even more dangerous to leave America as the soul possessor of WMDs as seems to be their objective.

The Proposer - "there is well documented evidence of eyewitness acounts of god."

BEST QUOTE EVERRRRRRRRR

#9    disturbed_bassist

disturbed_bassist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 01:19 AM

work monkey, my answer to that is.. UNDOUBTABLY YES!  

USA is already too powerful

#10    WorkMonkey

WorkMonkey

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (disturbed_bassist @ Mar 26 2004, 01:19 AM)
work monkey, my answer to that is.. UNDOUBTABLY YES!  

USA is already too powerful

So when will the USA disarm?

The Proposer - "there is well documented evidence of eyewitness acounts of god."

BEST QUOTE EVERRRRRRRRR

#11    Dementia

Dementia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:59 AM

and when is russia going to be disarmed? dont u think its dangerous to have such an unstable country with such a dangerous arsenal, they cant even afford to maintain their nukes anymore. they just get a monkey to maintain it so they only have to pay him peanuts.

The monkey has been their most stable and effective leader in recent years..infact the russian economy has started to improve abit. Eitherways, the russians seem far less trigger happy than their american counterparts, who always seem to be looking for an excuse to fight wars and use weapons of mass destruction.

Did you know...the russians or ertswhile USSR had offered a complete removal of nuclear weapons from their armoury, if the US reciprocated..however, The US government did not agree to it. Imagine..a world without Nuclear war heads and bombs...scary aint it ph34r.gif  

#12    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 27 March 2004 - 12:02 PM

Yeah dementia , but if we all got rid of our knnown nukes the baddies with the secret ones would win

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#13    Dementia

Dementia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 12:07 PM

I agree..but i was talking about a time..when such baddies werent created. But then again, a world without nuclear weapons would be a utopian world, which ofcourse is not a possibilty, atleast in the near future.

#14    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 02:27 AM

nuclear weapons are a great deterrant

#15    WorkMonkey

WorkMonkey

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (Dementia @ Mar 27 2004, 12:07 PM)
I agree..but i was talking about a time..when such baddies werent created. But then again, a world without nuclear weapons would be a utopian world, which ofcourse is not a possibilty, atleast in the near future.

The chances of a nuclear weapon ever being used again are very slight,
I doubt their removal would lead to a "Utopian" world, there'd still be fighting, attrocities, slaughther, etc.

BEST QUOTE EVERRRRRRRRR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users