Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Look, Folks...

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#31    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 8,920 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 10 October 2008 - 06:50 PM

Neither of them would have been my first choice for president.

McCain's weakness is the Economy. Obama's weakness is Foreign Policy.

Palin's completely out of her league. Biden is run-of-the-mill VP material, but nothing special.

Whichever way the vote goes - America will be weak on one front. The only piece of good news, is that it seems that both candidates are willing to reach across party lines for advisors and cabinet roles.

"What happens when an irresistible force meets an immovable object?" - Tiggs vs PA - Did Jesus Really exist? - The Formal Debate:
HERE
Posted Image

#32    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,714 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

ravergirl on Oct 10 2008, 09:11 AM, said:

If I were Obama, I wouldn't want to win. I wouldn't want to deal with the hate groups.

what hate groups????

#33    ravergirl

ravergirl

Government Agent

• 3,850 posts

• OPEN your EYES

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:40 PM

Tangerine Sheri on Oct 10 2008, 03:19 PM, said:

what hate groups????

The kind that BB gun people down for wearing Obama support shirts, I suppose.  I just know of a lot of people not ready for Barrack Obama to be president, and quite a few that STILL think he is muslim.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#34    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,391 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:47 PM

ravergirl on Oct 10 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

The kind that BB gun people down for wearing Obama support shirts, I suppose.

And THAT was in London!

#35    ravergirl

ravergirl

Government Agent

• 3,850 posts

• OPEN your EYES

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:51 PM

Michelle on Oct 10 2008, 03:47 PM, said:

And THAT was in London!

I know.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#36    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,714 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 10 October 2008 - 08:56 PM

ravergirl on Oct 10 2008, 01:40 PM, said:

The kind that BB gun people down for wearing Obama support shirts, I suppose.  I just know of a lot of people not ready for Barrack Obama to be president, and quite a few that STILL think he is muslim.

We have alot of folks whose  whole ideology is crumbling before them, they are for the first time gonna have to embrace changes because  the old way isn't working....

many people  build lives on fear of change they see value in things that don't change..even though the evidence supports that a way of life has ended.....

obama is not Muslim people who are afraid often find ways to justify hatred..

you know Ravegirl its time as a culture we face  the hate mongering that  has kept us divided for so long.. there are many who  have moved forward  and you know what  its working  to get along...

its the direction we are moving and its understandable we will have those that  have to be drug kicking and screaming to something  that is actually better for them because  they  don't know any better literally...IMO ..

another huge problem is we have alot of ill informed people much like a totalitarian country some idealogoys keep people  ignorant and riled up ...........yet even then you will have those that will deny this...

I am  in California  we are so diverse  that's all we know  we have to get along its absurd to do anything else  to us..........For us Obama is  a human being like you, like me.....

Edited by Tangerine Sheri, 10 October 2008 - 09:03 PM.

#37    ravergirl

ravergirl

Government Agent

• 3,850 posts

• OPEN your EYES

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

Tangerine Sheri on Oct 10 2008, 03:56 PM, said:

We have alot of folks whose  whole ideology is crumbling before them, they are for the first time gonna have to embrace changes because  the old way isn't working....

many people  build lives on fear of change they see value in things that don't change..even though the evidence supports that a way of life has ended.....

obama is not Muslim people who are afraid often find ways to justify hatred..

you know Ravegirl its time as a culture we face  the hate mongering that  has kept us divided for so long.. there are many who  have moved forward  and you know what  its working  to get along...

its the direction we are moving ansd its understnadable we will have those that  have to be drug kicking and screaming to somethign that is actaually better for them..

another huge problem is we have alot of ill informed people much like a totalitarian country ......yet even then you will have those that will deny the obvious...

I am  in californai we are so divesre thats all we know  we have to get along ......For us Obama is  a human being like you like me.....

You can live in fictionland all you want.
I sincerly hope you are not lecturing me. Because a) im not racist and cool.gifi think that both parties that are running for president are balanced opponents. however, a sex scandal on the winning ticket would make me feel better.

What I am telling you is that there are a large amount of white supremicist jerks that will be coming out of the woodwork, of this country, and other countries also. thats just fact

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#38    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

Tangerine Sheri on Oct 10 2008, 03:56 PM, said:

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.............

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#39    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:53 PM

AROCES on Oct 10 2008, 10:07 AM, said:

Answer my question about Barack Hussein Obama and you will get your answer.

He won't. I told you, I don't support Obama. I support Barr. Obama has a libertarian position on a couple of social issues where McCain doesn't. Obama also seems much less aggressive and is less likely to start WWIII.

#40    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

Telekinetic

• 7,066 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

Incorrigible1 on Oct 10 2008, 09:23 PM, said:

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.............

Yup. Barack Obama, change my ***.

#41    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,391 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:08 PM

Tangerine Sheri on Oct 10 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

I am  in California  we are so diverse  that's all we know  we have to get along its absurd to do anything else  to us..........For us Obama is  a human being like you, like me.....

Tell that to the MS 13, Mexican Mafia, Latin Kings, Venice B and the Nuestra Familia all working out of California. And IF THEY don't listen try having a talk with the Armenian Power, Klu Klux Klan, Nazi Lowriders and the Aryan Brotherhood. They are ALL prominent in California.

Would you get back to me and let me know how your little lecture goes with them?

#42    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,714 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 10 October 2008 - 10:51 PM

Michelle on Oct 10 2008, 03:08 PM, said:

Tell that to the MS 13, Mexican Mafia, Latin Kings, Venice B and the Nuestra Familia all working out of California. And IF THEY don't listen try having a talk with the Armenian Power, Klu Klux Klan, Nazi Lowriders and the Aryan Brotherhood. They are ALL prominent in California.

Would you get back to me and let me know how your little lecture goes with them?

What does this have to do with this thread.. ???

#43    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,391 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:05 PM

ravergirl on Oct 10 2008, 10:01 PM, said:

You can live in fictionland all you want.

Your fantasy Utopia you're always talking about, Sheri. According to you California barely needs any police officers.

"We are sooo far above the way the rest of the country thinks" and all the rest of the bull you spout.

If you don't want an honest response to what you post then I suggest you give your posts a little more consideration.

Edited by Michelle, 10 October 2008 - 11:09 PM.

#44    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:10 PM

Tiggs on Oct 10 2008, 12:50 PM, said:

Neither of them would have been my first choice for president.

McCain's weakness is the Economy. Obama's weakness is Foreign Policy.

Obama has some good points on foreign policy, but I agree that much of his foreign policy is idiotic, go-with-the-flow type of stuff; he tried to out-macho McCain on Russia at the last debate, for example.

Palin's completely out of her league. Biden is run-of-the-mill VP material, but nothing special.

I don't know if I would call Biden run-of-the-mill. He's not LBJ, but he's been better than many of the previous VP candidates.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#45    Sherapy

Sherapy

• 21,714 posts

~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 10 October 2008 - 11:48 PM

Michelle on Oct 10 2008, 04:05 PM, said:

Your fantasy Utopia you're always talking about, Sheri. According to you California barely needs any police officers.

"We are sooo far above the way the rest of the country thinks" and all the rest of the bull you spout.

If you don't want an honest response to what you post then I suggest you give your posts a little more consideration.

I asked you what your post  had to do with this thread hon,your   personal beefs are irrelevant and immaterial and out of context. .....

it states in the rules that personal drama  is for pm  ...simple as that...

back on topic thank you,,, thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users