Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

What if I am right about Obama?


  • Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:36 AM

AROCES on Oct 13 2008, 03:35 AM, said:

Then invite them to a real game of poker, it's more fun really.
The point is you can still gamble all your money if you want, no need to go after a President if you can't gamble in certain way.

Despite the fact that I lost my right because of some religious nut jobs? Makes sense.


#77    AROCES

AROCES

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 16,312 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:39 AM

BlindMessiah on Oct 13 2008, 02:36 AM, said:

Despite the fact that I lost my right because of some religious nut jobs? Makes sense.

Your right to bet online???
I say get a life......


#78    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:45 AM

BlindMessiah on Oct 12 2008, 10:36 PM, said:

Despite the fact that I lost my right because of some religious nut jobs? Makes sense.


If there were no gambling anywhere in the country - no Vegas or Atlantic City, no indian casinos, no OTB, no dog races, no lottiers, illegal to play a friendly game of poker at home with friends, etc. - I may agree with you to the extent that you have the right to be as foolish with your money as you want (just don't come crying to the rest of us when you have gambled away every penny you have and not can't afford food or a room over your head). But since these options are there I don't see why you keep harping on this.

In all seriousness and respectfuly, have you considered that you might have a gambling problem and need to seek help?  dontgetit.gif

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#79    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:03 AM

MasterPo on Oct 13 2008, 02:45 AM, said:

In all seriousness and respectfuly, have you considered that you might have a gambling problem and need to seek help?  dontgetit.gif

Not that it is your business but in like three years I've lost $200 playing poker. That isn't a gambling problem.


#80    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:05 AM

AROCES on Oct 13 2008, 02:39 AM, said:

Your right to bet online???
I say get a life......

Define life? By get a life you mean participating in activities you enjoy? The irony that this line comes from a man with 8,102 posts.


#81    AROCES

AROCES

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 16,312 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:32 AM

BlindMessiah on Oct 13 2008, 04:05 AM, said:

Define life? By get a life you mean participating in activities you enjoy? The irony that this line comes from a man with 8,102 posts.

We all have things we can enjoy but can't for one reason or another.
It's not wise to make your life miserable until you get a President that will allow you to bet on line.


#82    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:36 AM

AROCES on Oct 13 2008, 04:32 AM, said:

We all have things we can enjoy but can't for one reason or another.
It's not wise to make your life miserable until you get a President that will allow you to bet on line.

Who said I'm miserable? First you insult me, then you backtrack, and then you insult me again. It's getting rather old.


#83    AROCES

AROCES

    Forum Divinity

  • Banned
  • 16,312 posts
  • Joined:07 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:04 AM

BlindMessiah on Oct 13 2008, 05:36 AM, said:

Who said I'm miserable? First you insult me, then you backtrack, and then you insult me again. It's getting rather old.

Oh alright. Sorry if you got insulted.


#84    OilFight

OilFight

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Joined:28 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:59 PM

MasterPo on Oct 12 2008, 07:45 PM, said:

If there were no gambling anywhere in the country - no Vegas or Atlantic City, no indian casinos, no OTB, no dog races, no lottiers, illegal to play a friendly game of poker at home with friends, etc. - I may agree with you to the extent that you have the right to be as foolish with your money as you want (just don't come crying to the rest of us when you have gambled away every penny you have and not can't afford food or a room over your head). But since these options are there I don't see why you keep harping on this.

In all seriousness and respectfuly, have you considered that you might have a gambling problem and need to seek help?  dontgetit.gif


I don't gamble, but I don't see the harm in letting people gamble online. There is no need to restrict rights unnecessarily, and as a conservative you should understand this.


#85    MasterPo

MasterPo

    Alien Abducter

  • Member
  • 4,975 posts
  • Joined:30 Dec 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY

  • So sue me....

Posted 14 October 2008 - 01:50 AM

OilFight on Oct 13 2008, 07:59 PM, said:

I don't gamble, but I don't see the harm in letting people gamble online. There is no need to restrict rights unnecessarily, and as a conservative you should understand this.


There are very good reasons for not allowing this chief of which is some measure of control over who is gambling. Casinos, OTB, lottery agents etc don't allow (at least aren't suppose to and can get stiff penalties even jail time if caught!) minors and persons unable to decided for themsleves such as someone drunk or obviously incapacitated to gamble. It's too easy for someone to get in waaaaaay over their heads online gambling from home (or their blackberry, laptop etc).

BTW, I just did a Google search for online gambling and came back with dozens of sites. Most seem to be real-money sites. I didn't read the fine print but taken at face value it seems there are plenty of places to gamble online.

Personally, I enjoy this riddicukous concept that you have a "right" to online gambling and it's some religious "nut" that is preventing you from doing it. grin2.gif


The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#86    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 14 October 2008 - 03:17 AM

MasterPo on Oct 14 2008, 02:50 AM, said:

There are very good reasons for not allowing this chief of which is some measure of control over who is gambling. Casinos, OTB, lottery agents etc don't allow (at least aren't suppose to and can get stiff penalties even jail time if caught!) minors and persons unable to decided for themsleves such as someone drunk or obviously incapacitated to gamble. It's too easy for someone to get in waaaaaay over their heads online gambling from home (or their blackberry, laptop etc).

BTW, I just did a Google search for online gambling and came back with dozens of sites. Most seem to be real-money sites. I didn't read the fine print but taken at face value it seems there are plenty of places to gamble online.

Personally, I enjoy this riddicukous concept that you have a "right" to online gambling and it's some religious "nut" that is preventing you from doing it. grin2.gif

There are plenty of sites. You can't deposit using US banks. Making it extremely difficult for someone in the US to play. They were able to shut down all the major US sites. The remaining ones are foreign.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users