Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama NOT anti-war

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#16    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:08 AM

OilFight on Oct 11 2008, 10:19 PM, said:

uh huh, but we don't have a large force there like in Iraq. No matter who we get as our next president, we will still have some troops left in iraq - just like Germany and Japan. You keep bringing up non-issues and making it seem like Mccain supports them while Obama does not  hmm.gif

We had a large military force in Germany and Japan for many years afterwards to rebuild those countries as well as make sure any surviving elements of the old governments didn't reconstitute.

The Po File - As told to MasterPo by MasterPo

Have the courage to read it.

#17    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:12 AM

Fluffybunny on Oct 11 2008, 09:56 PM, said:

So you can take your clueless assumption of what I think about the country I served proudly and take a hike.

Don't even think of trying to go there with me! Of anyone on these forums I have been the the #1 supporter and lover of America and the American way of life against all the others here rushing headlong with glee to toss her under the bus!! I have been the #1 support of the war on terror, the war in Iraq, and the Bush Doctrine here. No one else! So get off your high horse, the thin air is making your dizzy.

I can give you hundreds of examples of killing the opposition stops future attacks.

Can you show me just 1 example of how building schools or hospitals or industry has stopped an aggressor?

#18    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:17 AM

supercar on Oct 11 2008, 04:49 PM, said:

He's even calling for European countries to ESCALATE:

'As President, I would deploy at least two additional brigades to Afghanistan to re-enforce our counter-terrorism operations and support NATO's efforts against the Taliban. As we step up our commitment, our European friends must do the same, and without the burdensome restrictions that have hampered NATO's efforts.'

Barack Obama
August 1,2007

Source

The democrats are not anti-war.  They are anti-bush willing to lose the war to make the repubs. and Bush look bad.  They may also be anti-american at least some of those office seem to be.  

I would really like to know if we really want a man as president who has not shown up for work since he was hired(voted in).  Yes he has been there a couple of times.  But he has spent his first two years trying for the higher job and not doing his current one.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#19    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:21 AM

Fluffybunny on Oct 11 2008, 07:24 PM, said:

If it were only as simple as you think it is.

There are so many more factors in play than you seem to think.

All kinds of people that have never even been there, or set foot there seem to think that what fox news reports is the truth of the matter without knowing the full story. Can we walk out tomorrow? No. Do we need to be there 5 or 10 more years?(or 100 years) No. Is iraq able to take care of itself with minimal support from us? yep. Are we stirring the hornets nest by being there? yes.

Our resources would be better used if they were sent to Afghanistan (Where planning is done) and out of Iraq(where they are able to take care of themselves).

We could be out of there long ago...if it were not for the buffoons in charge making repeated bad decisions. Wasting hundreds of billions of dollars and causing thousands of deaths(and tens of thousands of permanent injuries) of our soldiers(and my friends and family members, people I served with)...
So perhaps Al-Maliki's "translation" of the US withdrawal timeline having more to do with our hometown politics rather than military need is something you should look into before making assumptions of who needs to be where...and when...

There is a lot more going on than you think.

I agree with the bold sentance.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#20    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:21 AM

danielost on Oct 12 2008, 10:17 PM, said:

I would really like to know if we really want a man as president who has not shown up for work since he was hired(voted in).  Yes he has been there a couple of times.  But he has spent his first two years trying for the higher job and not doing his current one.

But don't forget he has experience! All 140 days of it. wink2.gif

#21    supercar

supercar

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:41 AM

danielost on Oct 12 2008, 09:21 PM, said:

Buffoons making bad decisions?

Congress authorized the Iraq war.

Congress funds the military.

The billions of dollars spent in Iraq have been spent by the Congress,not the President.

George Bush has not spent one dime on the Iraq war.

#22    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:44 AM

supercar on Oct 12 2008, 09:41 PM, said:

Buffoons making bad decisions?

Congress authorized the Iraq war.

Congress funds the military.

The billions of dollars spent in Iraq have been spent by the Congress,not the President.

George Bush has not spent one dime on the Iraq war.

This is true.  But Bush is the one who ordered us to return territory that we had taken so that the bad guys could move back in.

#23    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:47 AM

danielost on Oct 12 2008, 10:21 PM, said:

For the coming Holidays please get me a copy of "The Idiots Guide to Fighting Islamic Terrorists" and "Dummies Guide to Nation Building".

#24    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:49 AM

danielost on Oct 12 2008, 10:44 PM, said:

This is true.  But Bush is the one who ordered us to return territory that we had taken so that the bad guys could move back in.

If anything, too much expectation was given the locals would jump at the chance to be self-governed and self-determined.

I guess when you've been ground under the heel of an oppressive madman for so long picking yourself up isn't as easy as it seems.

#25    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:50 AM

MasterPo on Oct 12 2008, 09:47 PM, said:

For the coming Holidays please get me a copy of "The Idiots Guide to Fighting Islamic Terrorists" and "Dummies Guide to Nation Building".

Bush hasn't written the Guides yet.

#26    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 13 October 2008 - 02:59 AM

danielost on Oct 12 2008, 10:50 PM, said:

Bush hasn't written the Guides yet.

The [sarcastic] point was how can anyone say "mistakes" when there is no standard, no guide, no proven procedure or "best practices" for how to do these things in the first place?

Everything is always clearer the day after.

#27    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:10 AM

MasterPo on Oct 12 2008, 09:59 PM, said:

The [sarcastic] point was how can anyone say "mistakes" when there is no standard, no guide, no proven procedure or "best practices" for how to do these things in the first place?

Everything is always clearer the day after.

I am going by a statement made by Patton.  He didn't like to pay for the same real estate twice.  When asked if he wanted to withdraw and regroup.  Of course this was in the movie and I don't know if he really said it.

Edited by danielost, 13 October 2008 - 03:11 AM.

#28    MasterPo

MasterPo

Alien Abducter

• 4,975 posts

• So sue me....

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:13 AM

danielost on Oct 12 2008, 11:10 PM, said:

I am going by a statement made by Patton.  He didn't like to pay for the same real estate twice.  When asked if he wanted to withdraw and regroup.  Of course this was in the movie and I don't know if he really said it.

That one I will agree with you but will say that pretty much since day-1 President Bush has been under pressure to get out of Iraq ASAP. But when troops are withdrawn and it doesn't go well he gets slammed too. no.gif

#29    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,816 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:49 AM

MasterPo on Oct 12 2008, 10:13 PM, said:

That one I will agree with you but will say that pretty much since day-1 President Bush has been under pressure to get out of Iraq ASAP. But when troops are withdrawn and it doesn't go well he gets slammed too. no.gif

I know catch 22 thingy there.  But he is the one in command of the military not the congress.  As his father said the buck stops here.

Edited by danielost, 13 October 2008 - 03:50 AM.

#30    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:49 PM

MasterPo on Oct 12 2008, 09:12 PM, said:

Don't even think of trying to go there with me! Of anyone on these forums I have been the the #1 supporter and lover of America and the American way of life against all the others here rushing headlong with glee to toss her under the bus!! I have been the #1 support of the war on terror, the war in Iraq, and the Bush Doctrine here. No one else! So get off your high horse, the thin air is making your dizzy.

I can give you hundreds of examples of killing the opposition stops future attacks.

Can you show me just 1 example of how building schools or hospitals or industry has stopped an aggressor?

Number one? Was there a vote? Did you make a banner and pass out bumper stickers?

Please. Stop, Its silly.

I love how the number one supporters of the war are somehow safe and comfortable at home behind a keyboard claiming their valor. There are a couple of you here that are like that. You are the number one fans of a war you risk nothing at, committed nothing to, and know little about. Just a lot of talk. A real number one fan of the fight on terror? Do you want to know what he looks like?
cody_hmmv.jpg
His name is Cody, and he volunteered when he was 18 years old to risk his life because he felt it was the right thing to do, and I am proud of him for doing it. The same age I was when I enlisted. So while you sit there safe and comfy behind your keyboard with your inflated sense of pride claiming to be the number one fan of the war in iraq while my kid(and a hundred and seventy five thousand others) is risking his life every minute of every day there as an 11B infantry soldier, well, I am sure you can understand where I am coming from when I tell you that you are completely confused as to who is number one.

If you think you are number the one American for getting lazy behind your keyboard while our kids are getting killed and injured, well, you are beyond even reasoning with. If you think you have a better idea of what is going on in war than those that are there, have been there, and have written the definitive book on the matter, then you are beyond reason. Apparently based on your previous posts, you are beyond reasoning with.

I hate to break it to you, but waving a flag, and watching fox news does not make you an American. Being ignorant of the full story makes you a liability. Your lack of experience, lack of knowledge are lack of willingness to even learn that there may be more to the story than you can imagine(the US Army admits that much, but you dont) is what makes me wonder what the hell I fought for.

Number one. You should be ashamed of yourself for claiming such a thing.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users