Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange feeling on my left arm

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 05:49 AM

Ok, the other day I was standing by the door, just looking outside and suddenly I felt this strange static electric feeling on my left forearm. Sure I've gotten goosebumps and the hairs on my arms have stood up before, but this one just felt weird. It was only one arm and it felt as if something really staticy was right by or touched my arm. Think of making your hairs stand up by putting a balloon by it. I would explain it better but not sure how. Hopefully yall know what I'm saying. And it was only for a couple seconds.

Now I've read before that some people say ghosts/spirits have a static-type of energy, like I described. And the house I live in was my deceased grandparents' house for over 40 years. Do you think it's possible one of my grandparents may have touched my arm? Or am I just making too much out of nothing? But I haven't felt it like that before.

#2    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:05 AM

Take a look at what was around you (the door)..

Might have been some metal... or you carried static walking across the carpet...

Don't jump the gun, it could be nothing..

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#3    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:08 AM

InHuman on Oct 13 2008, 01:05 AM, said:

Take a look at what was around you (the door)..

Might have been some metal... or you carried static walking across the carpet...

Don't jump the gun, it could be nothing..

Well I'm just saying, it was the arm that was away from the door. And I have never felt it like that since I've lived here, which has been about 6 or 7 years.

#4    InHuman

InHuman

Alien Abducter

• 4,492 posts

• Running on Bravado.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:14 AM

Well has ANYTHING else happened that makes you think it might be haunted?

People feel strange sensations all the time... i

There Will Be Brawl
Greatest Webseries Ever

If you carry out a policy that dehumanizes others, in the process you yourself are dehumanized.-Desmond Tutu

#5    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:29 AM

InHuman on Oct 13 2008, 01:14 AM, said:

Well, I've once woken up to see a man in a black suit in the reflection of the TV screen, which was off.

I've heard what sounded like two people whispering to each other in the kitchen.

My dog has barked at things that weren't there.

I've had my radio, which was brand new, go on and off by itself.

#6    Blueguardian

Blueguardian

Poltergeist

• 2,248 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:49 AM

InHuman on Oct 13 2008, 05:14 PM, said:

Not necessarily, shadow ghosts try not to make themselves known, some people probably live in houses with spirits and don't even notice it.

Posted Image

(((Just My $00.2 cents)))

#7    cpjason

cpjason

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 06:57 AM

Your left arm, and only your left arm will start to tingle if you have a bad heart, and you are about to have a heart attack.

Thatguy, international man of mystery.

#8    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:19 AM

cpjason on Oct 13 2008, 01:57 AM, said:

Your left arm, and only your left arm will start to tingle if you have a bad heart, and you are about to have a heart attack.

True, but it wasn't necessarily a tingling. It felt like something touched my arm. And also, I've been told by doctors that I have a strong heart.

#9    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,532 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:55 AM

Shadow09 on Oct 13 2008, 08:19 AM, said:

True, but it wasn't necessarily a tingling. It felt like something touched my arm. And also, I've been told by doctors that I have a strong heart.

I was going to post what cpjason did. Just because you have a strong heart does not mean you will be immune to heart conditions. Mini-strokes affect a lot of people who aren't even aware they've had one. Bursitis could be another cause.

It would pay to make an appointment to see your doctor - just to be safe.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#10    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:03 AM

Leonardo on Oct 13 2008, 02:55 AM, said:

I was going to post what cpjason did. Just because you have a strong heart does not mean you will be immune to heart conditions. Mini-strokes affect a lot of people who aren't even aware they've had one. Bursitis could be another cause.

Thanks, I guess it wouldn't hurt.

But yeah, the feeling I felt on my arm I don't think had anything to do with a heart condition. Like I said, it was a static electricity feeling against my arm, not a tingling feeling or pain of any sort.

#11    everquesterinman

everquesterinman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 08:26 AM

Shadow09 on Oct 13 2008, 01:49 AM, said:

Ok, the other day I was standing by the door, just looking outside and suddenly I felt this strange static electric feeling on my left forearm. Sure I've gotten goosebumps and the hairs on my arms have stood up before, but this one just felt weird. It was only one arm and it felt as if something really staticy was right by or touched my arm. Think of making your hairs stand up by putting a balloon by it. I would explain it better but not sure how. Hopefully yall know what I'm saying. And it was only for a couple seconds.

Now I've read before that some people say ghosts/spirits have a static-type of energy, like I described. And the house I live in was my deceased grandparents' house for over 40 years. Do you think it's possible one of my grandparents may have touched my arm? Or am I just making too much out of nothing? But I haven't felt it like that before.

First let me say that you are not crazy. I am currently investigating an area i take drives by and every time I do i feel the same feeling in the same area of my left arm. Its so great to know someone else has felt this and YES i believe it is a spirit trying to communicate something to you. go back to the area you felt this on your arms and take some pics and evps. and REMEMBER when doing evps make sure to annonc what you are donig and the device you hold can help them commuinicate to you what they want to say. tell them the instruments you use can see and hear them. Think about it...someone dies as early as the 1970's if they see us holding a camera phone or evp recorder they will have no idea what it is so as statted before it is VERY important to let them understand our techknowlegy will not hurt them but help them communicate.  I hope it hlps you to know someone else has had the same thing happen to them I know as i read your post it really helped me so thanks and good luck and please as always post any results you get here for us to see or hear.

#12    ennui

ennui

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

• www.theanimalrescuesite.com
    Please click dailly :)

Posted 13 October 2008 - 01:18 PM

Shadow09 on Oct 13 2008, 06:19 AM, said:

You've gone from tingling to static electricity to feeling like you are being touched ..... I don't know what to suggest.

Now I've had tingling go all through my body and always feel like something has walked through me.  Maybe something bumped through your arm.

Edited by ennui, 13 October 2008 - 01:21 PM.

#13    GeneBrowne

GeneBrowne

Psychic Spy

• 1,189 posts

• Keepin it real since 1985.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:15 PM

Blueguardian on Oct 13 2008, 04:19 AM, said:

Not necessarily, shadow ghosts try not to make themselves known, some people probably live in houses with spirits and don't even notice it.

I'm not so sure that they try to make theirselves unknown ... there are a lot of encounters where shadows have been intelligent .... interacting with their environment.

Leonardo on Oct 13 2008, 05:25 AM, said:

That's great advice. People claim to see ghosts, feel ghosts, and sense them in different ways, and sometimes it turns out to be a medical reaosn such as tumors, mini strokes and other things. Dontt get me wrong, i believe in ghosts as much as the next guy ... and from numerous numerous personal experiences alone ..... but it's always wise to get yourself checked out.

Another thing it could be is perhaps there is some kind of electric device giving off too much emf ... electromagnetic force ... which can cause a feeling of nausia, being touched, feelings of being watched and headaches. If these feelings continue in the same spot .. get your electrical checked out.

If it's paranormal ... im sure you're going to be fine if it was your grandparents. Try a little experiement to see if you capture anything. If you have a voice recorder set it up on the kitchen table before you go to sleep at night then in the morning check it. Same thing with a video camera .... try asking them to appear or ask them to say something in hopes the recorders pick up something.

Good luck with it

Geno

Information is not knowledge. - Albert Einstein

With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another.  - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

The supernatural is the natural not yet understood. - Elbert Hubbard

Oh wow, far out man - Tommy Chong

#14    ennui

ennui

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 365 posts

• www.theanimalrescuesite.com
    Please click dailly :)

Posted 13 October 2008 - 03:41 PM

GeneBrowne on Oct 13 2008, 01:15 PM, said:

That's great advice. People claim to see ghosts, feel ghosts, and sense them in different ways, and sometimes it turns out to be a medical reaosn such as tumors, mini strokes and other things. Dontt get me wrong, i believe in ghosts as much as the next guy ... and from numerous numerous personal experiences alone ..... but it's always wise to get yourself checked out.
Geno

This is such a good suggestion.  I've never mentioned that when this house began to get 'busy', I did go to the dr and told her about my tingling and everything that was going on.  Although she wouldn't tell me her beliefs she did say that many more people were discussing the paranormal with her these days.  Probably we all aren't afraid of being sent to the crazy house.  Anyway, I digress.  She did order a full MRI (head, too of course) and many blood work ups for me because I wanted to make sure it wasn't in my head or I wasn't having a stroke/heart attack.  She did too, obviously.  The doc said she wasn't too worried about my health since Mr En and I were seeing and hearing the same things.

Edited by ennui, 13 October 2008 - 03:42 PM.

#15    GeneBrowne

GeneBrowne

Psychic Spy

• 1,189 posts

• Keepin it real since 1985.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

ennui on Oct 13 2008, 01:11 PM, said:

This is such a good suggestion.  I've never mentioned that when this house began to get 'busy', I did go to the dr and told her about my tingling and everything that was going on.  Although she wouldn't tell me her beliefs she did say that many more people were discussing the paranormal with her these days.  Probably we all aren't afraid of being sent to the crazy house.  Anyway, I digress.  She did order a full MRI (head, too of course) and many blood work ups for me because I wanted to make sure it wasn't in my head or I wasn't having a stroke/heart attack.  She did too, obviously.  The doc said she wasn't too worried about my health since Mr En and I were seeing and hearing the same things.

Yeah these days more and more people are coming to me telling me their paranormal stories ... so i guess it's not just here that thats happening. It's always better to be safe than dead lol.

Information is not knowledge. - Albert Einstein

With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another.  - Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

The supernatural is the natural not yet understood. - Elbert Hubbard

Oh wow, far out man - Tommy Chong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users