Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dirt on Obama

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

I heard on the radio this morning that Obama has a girlfriend and has cheated on Michelle.  The alleged girlfriends name is Vera Baker.  I have searched for news stories online about this and have found some hits, but they just say that it is a developing story.

I will post more when I find it.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#2    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

Oh yeah ... and according to the radio the information comes from the Clintons ....

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#3    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:28 PM

Found something ---

Obama Caught by Affair Rumor

A rumor that Democratic candidate for President Barack Obama may have had an affair with a staffer during his run for the United States Senate in 2004, is gaining some traction . According to the rumor, the staffer worked for Obama but was transferred to work at the Caribbean after Michelle Obama complained about the ‘close friendship’ between her husband and said staffer (whose name is Vera Baker, according to the Daily Mail ).

Although newspaper the Daily Mail condemns the rumors as ‘unsubstantiated,’ some believe that there is more to the story than Obama would like. According to these individuals , it is likely that a report about the possible affair will be published in one of America’s major newspapers in the coming weeks, shortly before the elections.

October is traditionally the month in which controversial stories, that break (seldom make), candidates are published. These stories even have a name: ‘October Surprise.’ Historically, this was the month of the year in which some dirt about a specific candidate surfaced and destroyed his career.

Several rumors about Obama that could evolve into such an October Surprise were covered at a variety of websites in recent days. Thus far, however, they are not more than just that, rumors, leading many to the conclusion that Obama’s opponents are throwing dirt at the wall, hoping something will stick.

Interesting about the Baker rumor is that it did not originate from Republicans, but from Democrats. Several individuals who call themselves partisan Democrats have raised the issue, and have talked about it with journalists for the Daily Mail but also, according to the daily, to journalists working for the Los Angeles Times. The story is now also pushed by partisan Republicans who hope that it may cause Obama’s poll numbers to fall, and McCain to rise.

Critics would say that most of these rumors are a symptom of John McCain’s low standing in the polls. Although that may be true to one degree or another, it should be kept in mind that many ‘October Surprises’ were successful in destroying a candidate’s campaign in the past precisely because they were true. Imaginary stories gain less traction and have historically been less effective. Also, many of the bloggers pushing the Vera Baker rumor were also those who accused Democratic former Senator and candidate for President John Edwards of cheating on his wife. The mainstream media did not want to touch the story; the rumor was proven true. Edwards did indeed have an affair, he may even have made his girlfriend pregnant. If he would have been the Democratic Party’s nominee, he would have almost certainly have lost.

However, as is usual in American politics, a lot of dirt is slung around, most of it either entirely false or spun to hurt a candidate, in this case Obama. Whether the rumor about Baker will prove true or not remains to be seen. In the meantime, it would be wise for observers and voters to consider this one of many rumors, nothing more, nothing less.

SOURCE/LINK

Guess we will have to wait and see if it's a rumor ... If it is I hope it is stopped soon - It's not fair to Michelle for the pain and humilation for a rumor like this to get out of hand.

#4    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,532 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:31 PM

An affair!!! His Presidency is now assured!  yes.gif

I don't know if this is a right-wing or Republican site but ... Wake up America

Not much more than rumour and innuendo at present. We'll see if it becomes more than that.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#5    ravergirl

ravergirl

Government Agent

• 3,850 posts

• OPEN your EYES

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

FINALLY a sex scandal!!!!!

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#6    Finsup22

Finsup22

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

• 2,448 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:32 PM

Leonardo on Oct 16 2008, 12:31 PM, said:

An affair!!! His Presidency is now assured!  yes.gif

laugh.gif  aint that the truth.  

Thats the slam dunk for me, I voting Obama!

#7    Mr Honeybadger

Mr Honeybadger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:37 PM

ravergirl on Oct 16 2008, 01:32 PM, said:

FINALLY a sex scandal!!!!!

That's right !

You were just mentioning that this race needed a sex scandal didn't you ?  

#8    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,532 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:51 PM

Finsup22 on Oct 16 2008, 06:32 PM, said:

laugh.gif  aint that the truth.  

Thats the slam dunk for me, I voting Obama!

rofl.gif

I can hear the conversation in McCain Mansions now...

"But Cynth...I gotta have me an affair now! That damn, Obama! Damn him! Wish I'd thought of that first! Now I gotta show the good people of the US of A how virile I am. They want a virile MAN in the White House. I gotta find me a young hottie and have an affair and then pay her to keep quiet. Who, though? Hmmmm...is Joan Rivers single?"

*Cynthia calls the lawyers*

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#9    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:54 PM

Leonardo on Oct 16 2008, 05:51 PM, said:

rofl.gif

"But Cynth...I gotta have me an affair now! That damn, Obama! Damn him! Wish I'd thought of that first! Now I gotta show the good people of the US of A how virile I am. They want a virile MAN in the White House. I gotta find me a young hottie and have an affair and then pay her to keep quiet. Who, though? Hmmmm...is Joan Rivers single?"

Hillarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files

#10    ravergirl

ravergirl

Government Agent

• 3,850 posts

• OPEN your EYES

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:54 PM

ohio traveler on Oct 16 2008, 12:37 PM, said:

That's right !

You were just mentioning that this race needed a sex scandal didn't you ?

Yes, now I can vote objectively.

They both have sex scandals (im refering to Palin's daughters one in lieu of McCain actually having one) and I am happy.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#11    Finsup22

Finsup22

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

• 2,448 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

Leonardo on Oct 16 2008, 12:51 PM, said:

rofl.gif

laugh.gif Joan Rivers.  perfect name drop! grin2.gif

Thats Funny!

#12    PhoenixDown

PhoenixDown

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

• I need a new hobby...

Posted 16 October 2008 - 05:57 PM

From the Clintons? That's because Hillary doesn't want to wait another 8 years before she can run again, no matter what she says. Hehe... wink2.gif

#13    AzTide

AzTide

In The Witness Protection Program

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

• Boy, I got vision, and the rest of the world wears bifocals.

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

Leonardo on Oct 16 2008, 06:51 PM, said:

rofl.gif

McCain has already been outed for having an affair. It was this summer and the New York Times broke the story and then the rest of the media talked about it.

“He who controls the present controls the past”  George Orwell

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."  Thomas Jefferson

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."  Thomas Jefferson

#14    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

justcauseinaz on Oct 16 2008, 06:09 PM, said:

McCain has already been outed for having an affair. It was this summer and the New York Times broke the story and then the rest of the media talked about it.

He hasn't had an affair on Cindy but he did leave his injured first wife for a much younger Cindy way back when...

#15    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

Government Agent

• 3,393 posts

• Champanya?

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

When will BHO point his finger at us and declare "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."?

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users