Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Has any other Presidential nominee


  • Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1    Rastaman

Rastaman

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Joined:28 Nov 2006
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:19 PM

I was just watching the news and apparently theres another ad paid for by John Mccain linking Obama to Bill Ayers, and last week Palin said he launched his career in Ayers' "basement". Is Obama the only nominee to be accused of such things? If so then America is really ****** up.


#2    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 30,209 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Calgary Alberta Canada

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:44 PM

He wasn't president but helped create one. George Bush SR  dad and George W Bush's grandfather Prescot Bush had ties with Nazi Germany.... Does that count?

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.


The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#3    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 35,421 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:47 PM

Brainless accusations that lead to a short term attention diversion is normal in any presidential election. If it is not Terrorism it is Communism or even "being Catholic". Normally it does not work... but some never learn.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#4    freeman88

freeman88

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:28 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rich City, British Columbia

  • "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds."

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:52 PM

From what i understand Obama does have ties with this man. He is not a terrorist he is a professor and a former anti-war activist that made some bad decisions 35-45 years ago. If you want to look for real terrorist ties look at the Bush family hmm.gif they aid and do bussiness with the binladen family


#5    ravergirl

ravergirl

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined:05 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:texas

  • OPEN your EYES

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:53 PM

all of them. Ever.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#6    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,393 posts
  • Joined:04 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eastern Nebraska, USA

  • Champanya?

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:55 PM

freeman88 on Oct 17 2008, 01:52 PM, said:

From what i understand Obama does have ties with this man. He is not a terrorist he is a professor and a former anti-war activist that made some bad decisions 35-45 years ago.

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''
Printed September 11, 2001.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...75AC0A9679C8B63

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#7    freeman88

freeman88

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined:28 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rich City, British Columbia

  • "Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery; None but ourselves can free our minds."

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:52 PM

Incorrigible1 on Oct 17 2008, 11:55 AM, said:

''I don't regret setting bombs,'' Bill Ayers said. ''I feel we didn't do enough.''
Printed September 11, 2001.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html...75AC0A9679C8B63



He was passionate about his cause like most people. The weathermen from what i understand worked beside the black panthers which are also known to be a "terrorist" group. These were intelligent people that wanted to fix poverty,police brutality,racism,education,and to help the oppressed get on there feet . They were not terrorists they were just radical activists that were passionate about there cause and wanted change.


#8    Incorrigible1

Incorrigible1

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,393 posts
  • Joined:04 Oct 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eastern Nebraska, USA

  • Champanya?

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:54 PM

freeman88 on Oct 17 2008, 03:52 PM, said:

He was passionate about his cause like most people. The weathermen from what i understand worked beside the black panthers which are also known to be a "terrorist" group. These were intelligent people that wanted to fix poverty,police brutality,racism,education,and to help the oppressed get on there feet . They were not terrorists they were just radical activists that were passionate about there cause and wanted change.

I get it, they were good terrorists. Thanks for the correction. Was Tim McVey a good terrorist, too? Would he be an acquaintance of BHO if he hadn't been executed? Just wonderin'.

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. -- W. Somerset Maugham
Posted Image

#9    Tiggs

Tiggs

    Relax. It's only me.

  • 9,129 posts
  • Joined:30 Jan 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Orange County, California

  • Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:40 PM

Rastaman on Oct 17 2008, 07:19 PM, said:

Is Obama the only nominee to be accused of such things?

Nope.

If we're talking terrorists, then we should mention Sarah Palin's affection for Joe Vogler, founder of the Alaskan Independence Party, in passing.

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government. And I won't be buried under their damn flag. I'll be buried in Dawson. And when Alaska is an independent nation they can bring my bones home."

Terrorist Joe managed to get Iran (yes - Iran) to sponsor him. He was killed shortly before his planned appearance at the United Nations to give a speech on Alaskan Independence in 1993, denouncing American Tyranny.

Then of course, there's McCain and the whole Iran-Contra affair. Amazingly, he's actually on record as having donated to this right wing terrorist organisation.

But, of course - they're the good terrorists.


NaNoWriMo 2014 - Posted Image


#10    ravergirl

ravergirl

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,850 posts
  • Joined:05 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:texas

  • OPEN your EYES

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:11 PM

all presidents have connections to terrorists. all nominees have ties to terrorists. it is part of foreign relations. you have to get to know your enemy. Some terrorists are quite pleasent people with twisted ideas of Utopia. and a different idea of what is right.

im not saying they supported terrorism. im just saying they have the connections.

I am theNON-SEQUITUR-ER

#11    Mekorig

Mekorig

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,577 posts
  • Joined:08 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Argentina

  • A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:15 PM

Tiggs on Oct 17 2008, 10:40 PM, said:

Nope.

If we're talking terrorists, then we should mention Sarah Palin's affection for Joe Vogler, founder of the Alaskan Independence Party, in passing.

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government. And I won't be buried under their damn flag. I'll be buried in Dawson. And when Alaska is an independent nation they can bring my bones home."

Terrorist Joe managed to get Iran (yes - Iran) to sponsor him. He was killed shortly before his planned appearance at the United Nations to give a speech on Alaskan Independence in 1993, denouncing American Tyranny.

Then of course, there's McCain and the whole Iran-Contra affair. Amazingly, he's actually on record as having donated to this right wing terrorist organisation.

But, of course - they're the good terrorists.



Remember, if they are good, they are not terrorist, they are "resistance fighters against the evil red commies".  laugh.gif

I´m an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph


Posted Image

#12    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

Incorrigible1 on Oct 17 2008, 08:54 PM, said:

I get it, they were good terrorists. Thanks for the correction. Was Tim McVey a good terrorist, too? Would he be an acquaintance of BHO if he hadn't been executed? Just wonderin'.

I have a feeling that eventually public perception of terrorist and freedom fighter will be blurred. The problem with calling him a terrorist, is, it associates the organization with Islamic terrorism and they are nothing alike. 9/11 resulted in the deaths of 3000+. Bill Ayers bombing resulted in zero deaths. Nations everywhere have a tendency of demonizing any and all who oppose them. Those who oppose the Patriot Act for example. Whether you believe we need the Patriot Act or not, there is no denying that is titled as such to gain support. If one opposes it they are simply unpatriotic. Labels are a powerful tool in controlling public opinion.


#13    284dan

284dan

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts
  • Joined:25 Jul 2007

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:10 PM

Senator Obama is not a terrorist, nor is he an Arab. Regarding "paling around" with Terrorists, please get the truth at factcheck.org:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he...bill_ayers.html

If you do not have time to read the entire piece, this is their conclusion, copied directly from the website (bold is mine):

"Voters may differ in how they see Ayers, or how they see Obama’s interactions with him. We’re making no judgment calls on those matters. What we object to are the McCain-Palin campaign’s attempts to sway voters – in ads and on the stump – with false and misleading statements about the relationship, which was never very close. Obama never “lied” about this, just as he never bragged about it. The foundation they both worked with was hardly “radical.” And Ayers is more than a former "terrorist," he’s also a well-known figure in the field of education. "

McCain is using smear tactics to create fear in an effort to win the election. He should instead be talking about the issues. McCain should not be rewarded for his smear campaign by a White House victory. It will only create more intense smear campaigns in the future, which are not good for this country.

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by 284dan, 17 October 2008 - 11:14 PM.


#14    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:14 PM

284dan on Oct 17 2008, 11:10 PM, said:

Senator Obama is not a terrorist, nor is he an Arab. Regarding "paling around" with Terrorists, please get the truth at factcheck.org:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/he...bill_ayers.html

If you do not have time to read the entire piece, this is their conclusion, copied directly from the website (bold is mine):

"Voters may differ in how they see Ayers, or how they see Obama’s interactions with him. We’re making no judgment calls on those matters. What we object to are the McCain-Palin campaign’s attempts to sway voters – in ads and on the stump – with false and misleading statements about the relationship, which was never very close. Obama never “lied” about this, just as he never bragged about it. The foundation they both worked with was hardly “radical.” And Ayers is more than a former "terrorist," he’s also a well-known figure in the field of education. "

McCain/Palin has been exaggerating the relationship and Obama/Biden has been downplaying it. What do you expect?


#15    284dan

284dan

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 221 posts
  • Joined:25 Jul 2007

Posted 17 October 2008 - 11:20 PM

BlindMessiah on Oct 18 2008, 12:14 AM, said:

What do you expect?


I expect an honest campaign. There would no need to "downplay" it if McCain was not falsely exaggerating it. The relationship is, IMO, a mute point. It should not have been brought up. It is an obvious sign of desperation by McCain. You said yourself Ayers never killed anyone. Wasnt he also acquitted of these acts? I read that somewhere and will try to find the link.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users