Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

U.S. Criticizes Killing of Hamas Leader

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:12 AM

AP) - After initially hesitating, the Bush administration criticized Israel on Monday for killing Sheik Ahmed Yassin, a founder of the militant Palestinian group Hamas. "We are deeply troubled by this morning's incident in Gaza," the White House spokesman said. The criticism appeared to reflect both concern for the already troubled U.S. peace effort in the Middle East and a judgment that the Bush administration should reassure European and Arab governments that its support for Israel is not limitless.

Full Article

That just pisses me off! The guy was a murderer. Would we take any criticism for bombing bin Laden's @ss?  mad.gif  

#2    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:01 AM

From the article...

A total of four people were killed and 12 were wounded in the attack, witnesses said.

I don't think anybody's condeming the fact that a terrorist was killed...the critisism is that, in typical Israeli style, they launched missiles at the guy as he was leaving a mosque, endangering exactly how many innocent civilians?

The reason the attack is reciecing raised eyebrows is because, not for the first time, it demonstrates an extreme lack of care or forthought for the lives of bystanders, as the Israeli military seems willing to kill or maim anyone, so long as it gets the intended target.

Last time I checked, this is not a good way to secure peace; it only gives the Palestinians a reason to hate the Israelis. In fact, slaughtering innocent people to kill a political figure is...wait...isn't that what terrorists do? huh.gif

It's a very ugly, very reckless, and very hate fueled war...the US and UK are condeming the attack because both sides are as ruthless and savage as the other. We want to see peace achieved, not an endless slaughter.

Edited by Seraphina, 23 March 2004 - 02:06 AM.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#3    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (Seraphina @ Mar 22 2004, 08:01 PM)
From the article...

A total of four people were killed and 12 were wounded in the attack, witnesses said.

I don't think anybody's condeming the fact that a terrorist was killed...the critisism is that, in typical Israeli style, they launched missiles at the guy as he was leaving a mosque, endangering exactly how many innocent civilians?

It sucks that innocent people were killed, but how many people have been killed indirectly by this man, and how many would be?
The Palestinians already hate the Israelis, and the whole thing is gonna go to hell sooner or later.  

#4    Gazz

Gazz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

• "Love like this, least
    once before we die"

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:20 AM

The pentagon made it clear that if they
were able to locate Osama Bin Laden
they would not think twice about bombing
the site.. even if he was stupid enough
to surround himself with women and
children!

Why are the Israelis held to a double
standard?

This man was a TERRORIST and THE leader
of Hamas... one of the most infamous
terrorist groups on the planet.

Hamas has a cumlative body count over many
years of attacks that Al-Qaeda and Osama
can only dream of.

The USA should not oppose Israel's
war on terrorism or be critical of their
tactics while seeking the same results
in it's own war on Terrorism.

The risk of the double standard speaks
for itself!

Gazz

#5    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,688 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:21 AM

The reason the attack is reciecing raised eyebrows is because, not for the first time, it demonstrates an extreme lack of care or forthought for the lives of bystanders, as the Israeli military seems willing to kill or maim anyone, so long as it gets the intended target.

In all fairness though SeraBabe,  Why should Israel care about innocent bystanders?  The suicide bombers are there precisely to kill and maime innocent bystanders.  The problem with Israel is they want to play a tit for tat game and don't have the resolve to declare war on Hamas and end its role forever.  How many times have they surrounded Yassir Arafat and then let him go?  There will never be peace in Israel.   My opinion...............

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#6    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 06:57 AM

To Sera:

From the article...

Actually, seven people were killed in the elimination of Yasin. All were his body guards (he is surrounded by 12 bodyguards), and so were Hamas members (naturally). Israel actually kept watching Yasin for a week, and waited to this early hour in monday morning because that was the first time in the last week that he wasn't surrounded by citizens...
So check your'e sources before writing.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#7    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:04 AM

I'm sorry Mr Erikl, but your sources are the same ones that claim the picture of the cowering father and infant son who were shot by your armed forced were actually a pair of terrorists, and the father (despite the picture quite obviously showing him pushing his son behind him) ruthlessly threw his son in the path of the bullets to save himself.

Your own sources, and veiws on this subject are somewhat jaded Mr. Erikl, though I'm sure you don't care to admit it tongue.gif  

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#8    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:53 AM

And what are your sources? The same that claim that Israel is a terrorist state and that it commits genocide against the Plaestinians? You are so biased.

You simply don't know what are you talking about. The plan of Yasin's elimination is publish today in all Israelis newspapers. It is something that is open to the public. Simply read it and you'll see. No hidding, no censor.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#9    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:14 PM

Once again Joc im left to remind you of the facts lol.

Joc yasir arafat is a member of the PLO not hamas two completley different organisations, one the israelis recogins and one they dont. One is a political movement and one a terrorist organisation, Yasir arafat has won the Nobel Peace prize, Yasir arafat has not been killed by israel because israel relies on america's support, if it were to kill arafat then there is no way that America could back them anymore.

Now to Gazz , dont compare the pakestinian , israel situation with the al,quaeda situation .

They are two totally different situations.

For israelis the threat of suicide bombings must be awuful and i understand why they want to stop it, but spare a moment to think just how awful for the palestinians their way of life is .

Remember they are the ones being occupied not the other way around.

Erikl if you think it was such a good thing for israel to assasinate this guy, then why are jewish isrealis protesting on the streets about it.

Im not saying this guy was innocent far from it , im just saying this will only make things worse.

there is no exuse for killing civilians but that goes for both sides.  

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#10    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:37 PM

Joc yasir arafat is a member of the PLO not hamas two completley different organisations, one the israelis recogins and one they dont. One is a political movement and one a terrorist organisation, Yasir arafat has won the Nobel Peace prize, Yasir arafat has not been killed by israel because israel relies on america's support, if it were to kill arafat then there is no way that America could back them anymore.

Actually, PLO's armed forces, the Fatah and Al-Aqza Brigades, are terrorist groups. Arafat himself is a terrorist. The all Oslo accord was a plan to destory Israel from the inside, a "Trojan Horse" as Arafat himself said. He shouts for peace in English but calls for war in Arabic.
Everyone understand today that trusting Arafat was a mistake - even the Europeans understood that.
And the fact that he got a Nobel Prize is a disgrase to that prize - he is the only known terrorist to get a Nobel Prize.
PLO's killings surpassing any terrorist organization - even Al-Qaeda.
They are responsible for the death of thousands of Jordanians, Lebanese and Israelis.

Erikl if you think it was such a good thing for israel to assasinate this guy, then why are jewish isrealis protesting on the streets about it.

That is because Israel is a Democracy. Just as not everyone in the US or GB supported the War in Iraq, there is a minority here in Israel, from the extreme left (like Sera), that think that killing Yasin was wrong.

Im not saying this guy was innocent far from it , im just saying this will only make things worse.

Not if Israel won't let go. It should continue to chase all the terrorist leaders so they won't have time to plan a revange attack. If this is going to be a one-time show, it will only make things worse in the short time (but in the long run the World is a better place without Ahmed Yasin).

there is no exuse for killing civilians but that goes for both sides.

So stop killing innocent Afghanis and Iraqis... Oh, oops, they are terrorists... strange how in GB's case they are terrorists, but when it comes to Israel it is a genocide against innocent civilians. Double standard anyone? tongue.gif  

Posted Image

#11    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:41 PM

No i totally disagree with the war on Iraq now, an according to our government it was nothing directly to do with terroism that we went into Iraq . So there lol.

saorsa na h-alba

#12    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:48 PM

Erikl to be honest with you i just dont know what to believe about any of this anymore .

At first I totally backed the war, I believe tony blair had to get involved or esle the US would have been like a loose cannon, they wouldnt have even tried to get the UN involved, the US would never had asked Israel to suggest that palestine could have its on state , the world would be in an even worse position, so i have sympathy for blair as i do personally believe he tried.

I also have a lot of sympathy for Israelis too i really do, it must be terrible. I mean you have created a beautiful country out of the desert an have a democratic country only for it to be destroyed.

I am also aware that the leader of Hamas stated that he wanted a "islamic state stretching from the meditteranian to the jordan river" they obviously want to destroy israel , im not daft.

I also do believe its one set of rules for the west an another for them , they always seem to hold the moral high gorund which more than often i do not agree with.

I Just dont know.

Edited by wunarmdscissor, 23 March 2004 - 12:49 PM.

saorsa na h-alba

#13    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,522 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:50 PM

What about Afghanistan? What about N. Ireland? GB is a big evil dictatorship. A Nazi state. How do I know this? Simply, I watch Muslim networks that are been watched by millions of people all over thw world, so they must be accurate and not biased at all...  whistling2.gif

EDIT: Ofcourse, I was just kidding... just wished to show you what Israelis feel when they hear European critisizm that is based on BBC or Skynews or French TV...

Edited by Erikl, 23 March 2004 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image

#14    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 23 March 2004 - 01:02 PM

The Israely wre idiots by killing the guy. Whit this, they only firem up the palestinian hate and more bombings will come. I would recomend a more subtle aproximation , like kidnap or something, but its seens that Sharon wants a total war betwen Israel and palestinians.

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#15    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,688 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 23 March 2004 - 01:38 PM

The Israely wre idiots by killing the guy. Whit this, they only firem up the palestinian hate and more bombings will come. I would recomend a more subtle aproximation , like kidnap or something, but its seens that Sharon wants a total war betwen Israel and palestinians.

The problem with this line of thinking is that the hatred from the Palestinians can
not be any stronger than it already is.  There will be more bombings in Israel because of this....count on it....it is Eye for Eye and Tooth for Tooth.  The real solution to this problem lies in Forgiveness from both sides and unfortunately that will never happen because neither side has a comparable understanding of Forgiveness.

Israel sadly is at war because of their existence.  Short of terms of Forgiveness they always will be.  

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users