Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Richard Clark

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (Homer @ Mar 28 2004, 07:53 PM)

Instead of a counter-terrorism czar, clarke seems more like contradiction czar laugh.gif

thumbsup.gif  

#17    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Nancy @ Mar 28 2004, 11:10 PM)
Homer.......
Great Work! Thank you for posting these 'quotes'

Anytime Nancy original.gif
Just think people should know a little bit more about this person

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#18    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Homer @ Mar 29 2004, 06:56 AM)
QUOTE (Nancy @ Mar 28 2004, 11:10 PM)
Homer.......
Great Work! Thank you for posting these 'quotes'

Anytime Nancy original.gif
Just think people should know a little bit more about this person

clarke said in his book:  "When i told condaleeza rice the attacks were most likely from al-qaeda she had a stricken look on her face...like she had no idea who or what i was talking about."

in 2000 Rice was on WRJ radio quoted as saying "We definitely think that Osama bin Laden is a threat.  We are trying to catch him and see what kind of connections he has.  Osama bin Laden is a very dangerous threat."  Sounds to me like she knew who/what al-qaeda was.  THis guy Clarke is just a load of lies.  It's also funny that he supports Kerry for president...tells u somethin eh?   whistling2.gif  

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

#19    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 01:49 AM

Not only did Mrs. Rice know of al-qaeda, but so did the rest of the world in early 2001, which is when Clarke said he had this conversation with Rice.

In 1998, al-qaeda was responsible for the two simultaneous U.S. embassy bombings in Africa; and in 2000 al-qaeda is suspected to be responsible for the U.S.S. Cole attack. So to think anyone hasn't heard of al-qaeda after that only illustrates how stupid some people are.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#20    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Homer @ Apr 2 2004, 07:49 PM)
Not only did Mrs. Rice know of al-qaeda, but so did the rest of the world in early 2001, which is when Clarke said he had this conversation with Rice.

In 1998, al-qaeda was responsible for the two simultaneous U.S. embassy bombings in Africa; and in 2000 al-qaeda is suspected to be responsible for the U.S.S. Cole attack. So to think anyone hasn't heard of al-qaeda after that only illustrates how stupid some people are.

ohmy.gif Wow, you really are forum divinity!   thumbsup.gif great info!   notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

#21    Midnight Matinee

Midnight Matinee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:33 AM

I signed up to this board while reading this thread. Had to. The issue isn't as simple as you've been lead to believe.

Since Clarke's book has come out, attacks on his character have replaced reasonable debate of the Bush administration's policies pre 9/11.

These attacks usually take one of three forms.

He's been called racist for questioning Rice's familiarity with Al Quada. The fact that she never mentions "Al Quada" by name on the 2000 radio show where she discussed Osama Bin Ladin is ignored-in fact, the radio show is being offered as the final proof Clarke lied by people who've never heard it.

Then there's the attack on the timing of his book...which was held up for over 8 months as the administration reviewed it to make sure it didn't reveal classified information.

Perhaps the most convincing allegation however, is that he's simply a bitter partisan hack with an axe to grind.

In 2002, he briefed the press corps in the standard Washington manner-spin the positives, pray you aren't called to task on the negatives. He wasn't. Life went on.

He retired from his position.

Honorably.

The White House had nothing bad to say about him.

Then.

Except that he wrote a book about the failures of both Clinton and Bush to deal with the terrorist threat, and Bush had staked his political future on his performance in handling the terrorist threat.

The book was political dynamite.

Despite the fact that he criticised Clinton's actions too, the White house wasted no time in painting him as a desperate attack from the far left-Dick Cheny claimed Clarke was out of the loop regarding White House policy and thus not in a position to discuss the issue, while Rice claimed the exact opposite-that Clarke wasn't locked out of the loop, and so his claims that terrorism wasn't taken seriously pre 9/11 are completely false.

They were right to be concerned-in his interviews with Bob Woodward, Bush had admitted that terrorism wasn't a priority in the early days of his presidency. But perhaps they overreacted...after all, who did take terrorism seriously before 9-11?

The answers may surprise you.

http://www.cdt.org/publications/pp_2.29.html

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/timelin...airdefense.html

What's more disturbing of course, is Clarke's position that the Bush administration's obsession with Iraq has damaged the war on terror...

He might be right.

Our leaders attacked anyone who argued with their conclusions, rather than engage them in an honest debate, polarizing the world, and turning many whom might have joined our cause against us.

As a result, America lost the goodwill it had in 9/11...

There's more I could say about the issue, but I want to save a few pieces of ammo for other threads...

Bush has much to answer for.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users