Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Most influential bands

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

Poll: Which genres have and will develop(ed) greatly? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Which genres have and will develop(ed) greatly?

1. Rock (22 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Rap/Hip Hop (6 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Grunge (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Pop (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Punk (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

6. Other (3 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#76    jimma

jimma

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

• The Horror, Oh,The Horror

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:17 PM

NO NO Wunarmd- Rusholme Ruffians - Belter of a song!

#77    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:20 PM

to be honest with you whilst i agree they were a good band i think the smiths are massisley over-rated.  

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#78    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 31 March 2004 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Stamford @ Mar 30 2004, 05:21 AM)
The band currently being played to death at my gaff are The Vines.   

Hahaha around here nobody likes the Vines... they are never on the radio and are seldomly played on Much Music or MTV (our music video shows...if you dont know what they are)

Since when has media attention automatically guaranteed quality? Look at the Spice Girls, New Kids or any of the other cack force fed to the youth of the world.  

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#79    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 31 March 2004 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Diebytheflyguy @ Mar 30 2004, 06:20 PM)
Ok Dowdy, you dont have to get all pissed off... you had the same part in that arguement as I did, so done whine about it... you aked me to post my song, and then you get mad over it... settle down, and "BLAH BLAH BLAH," yourself "ya big baby." grin2.gif  thumbsup.gif

And yes I like other genres too.... But I have to admit that Changes by Tupac is a really good song... Its probably the most influential rap song, and Tupac was the most influential rapper (NOT Eminem)

There is really no reason to taunt other members. Please refrain from starting arguments over something so childish. Also, there is no need to quote a whole post. Just quote the relevant part.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#80    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 31 March 2004 - 01:58 PM

Since when has media attention automatically guaranteed quality? Look at the Spice Girls, New Kids or any of the other cack force fed to the youth of the world

Exactly thumbsup.gif  

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#81    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

• It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:42 PM

Im not saying that media attention guarantees quality, I am saying that no one wants to hear them... On the radio or TV they play to most popular songs and my statments about the vines is just that... I said:

Hahaha around here nobody likes the Vines...

See how I said nobody LIKES the Vines... Its not that im saying that media attention proves quality, im saying noboday likes them, and thats it. No where did I say that media attention proves quality... media attention is for the demand and popularity of the bands and their songs.

#82    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:13 AM

Music, like hairstyles, are a personal thang!!

As I stated before  rolleyes.gif

See how I said nobody LIKES the Vines... Its not that im saying that media attention proves quality, im saying noboday likes them, and thats it. No where did I say that media attention proves quality... media attention is for the demand and popularity of the bands and their songs.

A little less coffee in your diet I think.  whistling2.gif  

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#83    tarabull

tarabull

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

• Life is too short to let it suck...

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:13 PM

Ironically, this is right out of todays headlines folks....

The 10 best rock bands ever

Enjoy!  

The only thing I'm 100% for sure about is today; do not let yourself be cheated of it.

The Kidz

#84    Jasu

Jasu

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• "It was so great, that I am going to have to make up a word to describe it. It was scrumptrilescent."
    - Will Ferrell

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (tarabull @ Apr 1 2004, 06:13 PM)
Ironically, this is right out of todays headlines folks....

Enjoy!

That list wasn't that good.... Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd should be farther up, and the Ramones shouldnt even be on the list.

For the last time, no means yes.

Sometimes I think I've gone too far. Then I turn on the T.V.

Some people say that the glass is half empty. Some people say that the glass is half full. I say that the glass is twice as big as it is supposed to be.

I got this awesome tickets, and all it cost me was 20% of my brain function. Life is greaawwwaaaaa........aaaaaaa. - Homer

#85    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:42 PM

Can someone copy and paste 1-10 on here. The site wont load properly and I would like to see the list...

#86    Aslan

Aslan

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

• Scariest Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 01 April 2004 - 08:58 PM

A purely subjective list of the groups that changed music forever

1. The Beatles
2. The Rolling Stones
3. U2
4. The Grateful Dead
5. Velvet Underground
6. Led Zeppelin
7. Ramones
8. Pink Floyd
9. Bob Marley and the Wailers
10. Sly and the Family Stone

#87    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:29 PM

Thanks Aslan...

...I think they should rename it to "The Best Rock Bands Until The Present," and although its not as catchy, its more accurate. Although most bands on the list deserve to be there, I think there are presently; better bands. All the older bands are the best until today (presently) but in the future im sure bands like The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against The Machine (just to name my picks) will be "The Best Rock Bands Until The Present," again. The title includes ever (and should never include ever) which is not true cause there will be better bands in the future...

#88    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:31 PM

QUOTE (Jasu @ Apr 1 2004, 05:18 PM)
That list wasn't that good.... Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd should be farther up, and the Ramones shouldnt even be on the list.

I agree Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin should be at the top... I havent listened to any of the Ramones songs, so I cant say anything about them on the list. I would like to know what band should replace them... Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica?

#89    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:02 PM

Ehh-that list is just someone elses opinion. I'll give that the #2 spot on my list of all time stupid lists - right behind the Rolling Stone "100 greatest guitarists" list.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#90    Jasu

Jasu

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• "It was so great, that I am going to have to make up a word to describe it. It was scrumptrilescent."
    - Will Ferrell

Posted 01 April 2004 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Sweetpumper @ Apr 2 2004, 12:02 AM)
Ehh-that list is just someone elses opinion. I'll give that the #2 spot on my list of all time stupid lists - right behind the Rolling Stone "100 greatest guitarists" list.

I agree with you all the way on that one, Sweetpumper.

For the last time, no means yes.

Sometimes I think I've gone too far. Then I turn on the T.V.

Some people say that the glass is half empty. Some people say that the glass is half full. I say that the glass is twice as big as it is supposed to be.

I got this awesome tickets, and all it cost me was 20% of my brain function. Life is greaawwwaaaaa........aaaaaaa. - Homer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users