Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosthunters get busy during halloween

UM-Bot

halloween.jpg
Paul Dale Roberts: It’s getting close to Halloween. People want to get scared. The date is October 21, 2008, Tuesday. The Stockton Record wants me to do an initial investigation at a legendary haunted home in Stockton. The home is located at N. Pershing Street. Waiting for me in this home are the lovely Christine Taylor, her brother and videographer. The owner Rick Freeman, his enchanting daughter Bobbie Lawson and her grandmother are also waiting.

The owner gives me a briefing about this home that reminds me of a cross between a countryside cottage and a European castle. Legend has it, that it was built in 1925 by the man that built the Stockton Hotel. One of the stories that are constantly told in Stockton is that a man committed suicide by hanging himself in this home after his fiancée called off their wedding. People say that a little boy apparition has been seen looking outside from the attic window. People have heard a little boy and little girl crying and when they investigate to see where the children are, there are no children crying, nor are there any children for that matter. Many people think that the little boy was confined to the basement and died of starvation. As I looked into the basement, Bobbie showed me crayon marks that read: ‘Hi there, bye there.’

Rick Freeman, the owner bought the home as an investment. He tells me that the longest any occupant lived in this house was for 6 years, all others stayed in this house no longer than 6 months. Many former occupants feel that the home is cursed. Family tragedies have occurred to previous homeowners after they moved out of the home. I used divining rods and asked if there was an entity in the house. The rods crossed indicating yes. I asked the rods to take me to the location where the entity was. It took me to the garage. Note: Divining rods are not a sound science, but should only be used for experimentation. Checking my digital audio recorder, I have a menacing sound that sounds like a man growling, I need to place this on audacity to verify the sound. My photographs display a huge amount of orb activity. I plan to prepare a December scouting mission to this location and see what we can fully discover at the most haunted house in Stockton.

After leaving Stockton, I prepared to head over to Old Sacramento. Awaiting Shannon McCabe and I, were Robert James Neep (videographer) and Jonathan Mumm (news reporter) of Channel 10 News. They wanted Shannon and I, to take them to the spooky haunts of Old Sacramento. The first place we took the Channel 10 crew was Evangelines. Shannon (employee) of Evangelines gave us a grand tour of the haunted basement. Story has it that a 49er (miner) apparition was seen down here. A piece of cloth and a knick knack hovered in the air in front of two employees and then came crashing down, scaring the daylights out of the Evangeline’s employees. Footsteps have been heard and once an employee was pushed from behind. In the 70s, a nightclub called D.O. Mills was located on the third floor. Late at night, employees have heard music, laughter and dancing from those old disco days. What is interesting is that in the 70s, I would actually dance at D.O. Mills and several other nightclubs, I was the 3rd and 5th disco king in the 70s. Perhaps my residual haunting energy is still trapped in time at D.O. Mills. After we left Evangelines, we headed over to Fanny Anns. Legend has it that a saloon girl named Angie was flirting with a cowboy patron. Her lover Billy Michaels walked in on her. Being a jealous man, he shot her dead. Angie’s ghost is supposed to haunt the second level.

Then our last stop was Vegas. Shannon explains that Richard Trenton Chase aka the Vampire of Sacramento frequented this establishment. Richard was sort of a wall flower and when asking girls to dance, he was rejected every time. He finally left the establishment in frustration. When Two Four Productions came to Vegas, their psychic was able to pick up the negative energy of Richard Trenton Chase during a séance. Another killer that frequented this establishment was suspected CHP cop killer Lou Rodrigues. Lou is still serving time in Pelican Bay, he’s not a ghost, but I thought this was some notorious information that Channel 10 should know. A lady patron in the early 80s saw a female apparition in the women’s bathroom and came out screaming, because the lady vanished in front of her eyes. Rick the owner of Vegas took us into his office, where the atmosphere seemingly changed and all of us felt a loss of vertigo.

So, you can see, Tuesday was a full night. At 5am on Wednesday morning, I was back up and headed over to Vegas again in Old Sacramento. This time Shannon McCabe and I, waited for Andrew Faulk (videographer) and Natalie Bomke (news reporter) of Fox 40. We were going live this morning. We gave very cheerful Natalie the grand tour of Vegas explaining how to use a variety of ghost equipment and the legends of Vegas that was once known as the Steamboat Navigation in the 70s.

To see pictures of the N. Pershing home and the investigation in Old Sacramento, click onto this link here:
http://www.meetup.com/HPI-International/ph...oAlbumId=464703

Note: Bobbie recently sent me some updated information via email, here is what she had to say: “Hi, I am not sure if we mentioned this during the investigation today or not, but my dad, grandma, and me heard a child’s voice saying "Momma....Momma" when we were outside by the garage. It seemed to be coming from inside the house, but we thought it could have been in the park across the street or at a neighbors. Of course that is one of the problems with that house, outside it is really noisy. Just something to look for when you look at your recordings. Also, I spoke to my husband and my friends and we are all really interested in doing a night investigation. Like I said I am available on any Saturday so just let me know the date you would like to do this and I will let them know. It does not necesarily have to be in December, so if you would like to do it sooner or later that is fine as well. I see you are pretty busy so just keep me updated.”

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI General Manager, Paranormal Investigator & Ghostwriter
Haunted and Paranormal Investigations International
www.HPI.paranormal.net
www.ghostgirls.net
www.nancybradley.org
WPRT Paranormal Radio - Content Editor
Email: JazmaPika@cs.com
Paranormal Cellular Hotline: 916 203 7503 (for comments on this story).

If you have a possible investigation call: 1-888-709-4HPI

Copyright © 2008 Paul Dale Roberts, HPI Ghostwriter Copyright © 2008 all rights reserved.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• jbondo

• lordstanley

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck, i hope you have a fabulous time! I am very jealous of you. History about a location is so interesting to me. Just to get into there lives by reading and then going to the location is such a big rush. Stepping into there world and just taking it all in. Best of luck! :devil: