Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Woke up with strange cuts on my legs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:50 PM

I had woken up one morning not too long ago and when I went into the bathroom, I noticed I had quite a few unexplained cuts on my thighs. Each cut was about 2-3 inches long and were in all different directions. They were red, you know, as if I had been bleeding at the time I was cut. Now my finger nails were not so sharp that I could cut myself to the point where I'll bleed. Also, we only had one dog in the house and it was a fairly lazy dog. Definitely not the kind of dog that would scratch me.

In this same house, my little brother had fallen asleep in the living room on a different day and he said he heard a man's voice telling him to go sleep in his bed. This was in the middle of the night. My dad said it wasn't him and other than my dad, I was the only other guy in the house and I know it wasn't me.

But yeah, I'm still confused as to what could have caused those weird cuts I had. Anyone had any similar experiences?

#2    eight bits

eight bits

• 7,637 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:20 PM

Now my finger nails were not so sharp that I could cut myself to the point where I'll bleed.

Almost all the unexplained skin-cut threads offer this dismissal of the obvious, and obviously sufficient, cause.

Fingernails can cut flesh. I did the experiment (inadvertantly) on a dog. I cut her eyelid with my thumbnail. She bled. I did it. I saw the result. It happened.

Many people have experienced cuts by toenails on adjacent toes when wearing ill-fitting shoes. If you haven't, then ask around.

Whatever is harder (searchable) than something else can scratch the something else. Trimming human nails makes better weapons of them, by eliminating an unproductive degree of freedom in their movement. Edge sharpness is relevant to the effort required to cut something, but irrelevant to whether or not the cut can be made in the first place.

Posted Image

#3    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

eight bits on Nov 2 2008, 02:20 PM, said:

Almost all the unexplained skin-cut threads offer this dismissal of the obvious, and obviously sufficient, cause.

Fingernails can cut flesh. I did the experiment (inadvertantly) on a dog. I cut her eyelid with my thumbnail. She bled. I did it. I saw the result. It happened.

Many people have experienced cuts by toenails on adjacent toes when wearing ill-fitting shoes. If you haven't, then ask around.

Whatever is harder (searchable) than something else can scratch the something else. Trimming human nails makes better weapons of them, by eliminating an unproductive degree of freedom in their movement. Edge sharpness is relevant to the effort required to cut something, but irrelevant to whether or not the cut can be made in the first place.

Well if it was my fingernails, I think it's a little strange that this has only happened once in my whole life.

#4    Lilix_Vixen

Lilix_Vixen

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 November 2008 - 08:18 PM

There is a Mexican folklore about incidents like this. Things like waking up with scratches and bruises that are in places on your body that would be difficult to reach yourself. My mother use to say that it was "la brujas de la noche". Which translates into The witches of the night. She said they attack you in your sleep.

“If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.”

Albert Einstein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users