Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Spy' used voodoo to shield general from Taliban

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:25 AM

news icon rA british army translator accused of spying for Iran was a voodoo priest who used black magic to protect the commander of NATO forces in Afghanistan from the Taliban, a court heard.

Iranian-born Daniel James, 45, who was the personal interpreter to General David Richards, told the Old Bailey that he used pictures, dust, candles and seashells to cast spells protect his boss.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Telegraph

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Vampwitchenstein

Vampwitchenstein

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 09 November 2008 - 11:40 PM

Wow. What this guy doesn't know about real Vodou.
Wonder how many times he watched 'The Believers', the 'Chucky' movies and "Serpent & the Rainbow' before he considered himself a priest.

FACEBOOK!
"I can only conclude it's something mental." ~Dr. Jack Seward/Bram Stokers Dracula

#3    newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon

cosmic wombat

• 1,870 posts

• "Only through absolute loyalty to each other can the few control the many." - Peter J. Carroll

Posted 10 November 2008 - 01:04 AM

Interesting fella, he does remind me a bit of Lt. Col. Michael Aquino who was one of the original members of the church of Satan until he split with Anton Lavey and formed the Temple of Set.  Though Lt. Col. Michael Aquino has actual credentials in the left hand path (not just a video watcher).  So it doesn't surprise me much to see someone in the military who doesn't have traditional christian beliefs.  Well I guess I kinda drifted left field of the subject.  I personally don't know much about Vodoun so I don't know how valid this guys claims are as to being a high ranking priest but it's possible.

Edited by newbloodmoon, 10 November 2008 - 01:05 AM.

A newcomer asked to be shown the way to the monastery, and Chao-chou replied:  "Have you finished eating your rice?... Then go wash your bowl!"  Therupon the monk gained instant enlightenment.

#4    Wolfen69

Wolfen69

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 06:01 PM

I can see this… I use voodoo all the time at my job…. Whenever someone calls me saying there computer is not working I get out the staff with the shrunken heads on it and dance around there computer a few hours…  OK sooooo it does not fix their computer but they do not call me any more… Muhahahaha…

If you want to protect yourself from the Taliban, get a vest made out of bacon!

#5    newbloodmoon

newbloodmoon

cosmic wombat

• 1,870 posts

• "Only through absolute loyalty to each other can the few control the many." - Peter J. Carroll

Posted 14 November 2008 - 02:23 PM

Wolfen69 on Nov 10 2008, 10:01 AM, said:

If you want to protect yourself from the Taliban, get a vest made out of bacon!

and a sausage patty helmet?

A newcomer asked to be shown the way to the monastery, and Chao-chou replied:  "Have you finished eating your rice?... Then go wash your bowl!"  Therupon the monk gained instant enlightenment.

#6    theQ

theQ

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 11:31 PM

RIGHT......and if my grandmother had wheels she be a wagon.

#7    theQ

theQ

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

SURE.....and that sort of nonsense is why you have imaginary gods that you prey to.

#8    Old Man Waffles

Old Man Waffles

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

i swear i saw something like this in the x files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users