Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Random Vibrations in bed


  • Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1    Resonance

Resonance

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:No.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:36 PM

Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

#2    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

    Alien Abducter

  • Banned
  • 4,913 posts
  • Joined:09 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MN

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:40 PM

Some people would enjoy that.



#3    eight bits

eight bits

    ...

  • Member
  • 6,260 posts
  • Joined:24 May 2007

Posted 11 November 2008 - 05:55 PM

Does your girlfriend also feel the bed shake, at the same times you do?

Posted Image

#4    Wyvernkeeper

Wyvernkeeper

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Joined:10 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:08 PM

Do you use any drugs, i ask because I sometimes find that lying in bed after a few joints my ears ring for a moment, unpredictably but quite noticeably.... It almost feels like feedback from a microphone going to near a speaker.... In a way, i could kind of relate it to your description of the vibration but it does not feel like the entire bed is moving, just the entire of me for a short moment.

I used to worry about it but it happens less and less now.....  I hope its just the smoke and not myself actually being quickly returned from an alien abduction


#5    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    Mainly Spherical in Shape

  • Member
  • 25,038 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:42 PM

skater69 on Nov 11 2008, 05:36 PM, said:

Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?

There's nothing, um, else, battery operated, that may have been dropped under the mattress or something, is there?

Sorry, just a theory.

*goes*

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#6    Hazel Eyed Lynx

Hazel Eyed Lynx

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined:07 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Castle, PA

  • I seek but have not found. I keep looking until I prevail. ~Unknown

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:54 PM

Do you have a fan blowing on you two?

Do you have others living with you that might be walking somewhere in the rest of the house?

Do you live in an Apartment or House ( I should have asked this first lol)?

Um...how about any animals that could be out in the other rooms jumping around?

It could be from cars driving down the road especially semi's. My bed vibrates a lot because of this.

Do you have any plumbing running under your bedroom floor?

Do you have a computer in your room and if so, does your hard drive run hard...do you know what I mean by this??? lol

Well, I hope that gives you some ideas....

but yeah, make sure anything with batteries are turned off.... good call 747400 lol  grin2.gif

"That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."
~~Ninon de L'Enclos

#7    Resonance

Resonance

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:No.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:09 PM

Wyvernkeeper on Nov 11 2008, 10:08 AM, said:

Do you use any drugs, i ask because I sometimes find that lying in bed after a few joints my ears ring for a moment, unpredictably but quite noticeably.... It almost feels like feedback from a microphone going to near a speaker.... In a way, i could kind of relate it to your description of the vibration but it does not feel like the entire bed is moving, just the entire of me for a short moment.

I used to worry about it but it happens less and less now.....  I hope its just the smoke and not myself actually being quickly returned from an alien abduction

I do smoke, but i know the difference between 'high' and 'ringing' ... That's a good idea though!

And to answer other questions. Yes, my gf feels it sometimes, but by the time it normally happens, she's asleep. It can't be the house either, due to, it's happened at different houses before.

**EDIT**
Also, i live in the basement, and in a 3 story outside of town, very very far away from the road. No semi's no cars, nothing. No plumbing under or near my bed, a cat, but it sleeps upstairs, no computer in my room, and a fan yes, but it's winter, and is hardly ever on.

Edited by skater69, 11 November 2008 - 07:11 PM.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

#8    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:31 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Deep South

  • We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:15 PM

This happens to me but I don't think it's paranormal.   My bed has a metal bed frame and metal headboard and may not be fastened together tightly enough after I moved.
Sometimes placeing a pillow next to the headboard tightly will stop the vibration.

Slight movements can trigger the movement in my bed.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#9    Sag!ttarius

Sag!ttarius

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crazy Canuck Land

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:21 PM

I was going to bring up the battery operated "apparatus" theory but 747400 beat me to it. U sure your girlfriend is really sleeping and not going through a large amount of D cells? Just kidding original.gif

This post contains 96.85840734641% recycled material... :)

Posted Image

#10    Hazel Eyed Lynx

Hazel Eyed Lynx

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined:07 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Castle, PA

  • I seek but have not found. I keep looking until I prevail. ~Unknown

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

Sag!ttarius on Nov 11 2008, 02:21 PM, said:

I was going to bring up the battery operated "apparatus" theory but 747400 beat me to it. U sure your girlfriend is really sleeping and not going through a large amount of D cells? Just kidding original.gif



rofl.gif   LOL   That would be sad.   yes.gif

"That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."
~~Ninon de L'Enclos

#11    Resonance

Resonance

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:No.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:33 PM

Hazel Eyed Lynx on Nov 11 2008, 11:28 AM, said:

rofl.gif   LOL   That would be sad.   yes.gif


Lol, yes that would be sad. And No, she isn't.

But, thanks for the input. hehe.

Now, i've ruled out most of the ideas so far, even the 'movement of the bed'. My bed consists of a bottom box spring, and a top mattress, no bedframe, etc. And the vibration happens most of the time, when i'm just literally, laying there not moving, just breating and trying to clear my mind.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

#12    Hazel Eyed Lynx

Hazel Eyed Lynx

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined:07 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:New Castle, PA

  • I seek but have not found. I keep looking until I prevail. ~Unknown

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:49 PM

skater69 on Nov 11 2008, 02:33 PM, said:

Lol, yes that would be sad. And No, she isn't.

But, thanks for the input. hehe.

Now, i've ruled out most of the ideas so far, even the 'movement of the bed'. My bed consists of a bottom box spring, and a top mattress, no bedframe, etc. And the vibration happens most of the time, when i'm just literally, laying there not moving, just breating and trying to clear my mind.



It could be your breathing shaking the bed. As you can tell, I'm a skeptic with vibrations....well, most of them. There are certain times like when there was an earthquake here in Pennsylvania back in the late 90's I think around '98 it vibrated my house.  You know what I said to my sister? I looked straight at her and was like "what is dad doing now" and went back to watching tv lol.  Right before that I saw him go down in our basement with a drill.

Vibrations could be caused by a lot of things. Just take a look around.  Try getting off your bed and laying on the floor for a while to see if you can feel the vibrations.  Maybe you're just feeling your blood pumping through your veins.

"That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful."
~~Ninon de L'Enclos

#13    Resonance

Resonance

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:No.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:56 PM

Hazel Eyed Lynx on Nov 11 2008, 11:49 AM, said:

It could be your breathing shaking the bed. As you can tell, I'm a skeptic with vibrations....well, most of them. There are certain times like when there was an earthquake here in Pennsylvania back in the late 90's I think around '98 it vibrated my house.  You know what I said to my sister? I looked straight at her and was like "what is dad doing now" and went back to watching tv lol.  Right before that I saw him go down in our basement with a drill.

Vibrations could be caused by a lot of things. Just take a look around.  Try getting off your bed and laying on the floor for a while to see if you can feel the vibrations.  Maybe you're just feeling your blood pumping through your veins.


I completely agree with you, it 'could've' been something else. But, i've already done everything there is to check for outside sources. It's either just a weird twitch from my body, which the type of vibration suggests is pretty much impossible. Or, something else. I've asked my gf many times, "Did you feel that!?!" and most of the time she says, "No...?".. But every once and awhile she 'does' feel it. I'm thinking, it's either my mind doing it, or my body twitching somewhere under me, and making the whole bed shake.




Now when i say shake, it's not a large scale shake.. It's as if the whole bed were a vibrating phone. It only lasts about 3-4 seconds, and then is gone, but it's happened too often for me to write it off as nothing. Figured i'd ask to see if i could get anyone else with a similar story, but so far, no go. As for the input, you guys have amazing ideas, and I thank you all for your input. If any of you do come across something explaining it, or someone who has a similar story, let me know.

As for now, it's unexplainable for me, and i wish i could go into more detail, i'm on lunch at work, so i have to leave, but i'll keep posting if it happens again. The last time this happened, was about 2 months ago. It started probably about 2 years ago. Now that i think about it, it happened the first time when i was living with my gf in her moms house. I thought maybe the house was haunted, because i heard footsteps upstairs, and nobody was home, so i just went to bed, and then (Which made me freak out, and think maybe it's a ghost), the bed did the weird vibration thing.

Now, i have noticed, it does happen more often when i'm thinking about 'paranormal' or 'ghostly' things. Who knows if there's a connection. Either way, i don't believe it to be paranormal, i just hope maybe someone else has felt it before.

**EDIT**

Sorry, i just read through most of my posts, and i would like to apologize for the spelling. I'm trying to type really fast, so i can get off the forum, and do my work. (Well, not so much spelling, but putting wrong words in places they shouldn't.) original.gif

Edited by skater69, 11 November 2008 - 08:01 PM.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

#14    Sag!ttarius

Sag!ttarius

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Joined:08 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Crazy Canuck Land

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:07 PM

OK just a little more serious post than my last one. Does it feel like small electrical A/C current going through you? Not like when your arm falls asleep and the ants start crawling all over, but just a full body vibration  that you think is coming from the bed?

This post contains 96.85840734641% recycled material... :)

Posted Image

#15    Resonance

Resonance

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • Joined:27 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:No.

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:05 PM

Sag!ttarius on Nov 11 2008, 12:07 PM, said:

OK just a little more serious post than my last one. Does it feel like small electrical A/C current going through you? Not like when your arm falls asleep and the ants start crawling all over, but just a full body vibration  that you think is coming from the bed?


That's exactly it! It doesn't in any way feel like i'm causing it. It doesn't feel anything like any appendage falling asleep. It just feels like, if i were to lay on something vibrating like a cell phone, except it instead of lasting a while, and then stopping and coming back, it just comes, but i guess i kind of stretched the 'description' for the thread. It doesn't shake violently at all, it's more of a subtle vibrate. Almost as if there were someone shaking the bed, but not 'SHAKING', just ... GRR this is hard to explain.. lol.

A very short abrupt, vibrate. 2-4 seconds. It really varies, i guess the longest it's done it was probably 5-7 seconds or so. Seemed like, OMG it's happening again! But, of course, the only time it lasted longer than normal, my girlfriend was fast asleep. .. Grr... i'll just have to pay attention and start writing down occurances.

Edited by skater69, 11 November 2008 - 10:30 PM.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users