Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Random Vibrations in bed

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#16    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

Perhaps she your girl friend in experiencing restless leg syndrome in her sleep and you’re the one aware of it going on…

Pavot cool.gif

#17    realmcutter

realmcutter

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:06 PM

It probably might be something to do with your houses plumbing. Old pipes can have large surges of water through them infrequently as well as sewage or city pipes that go under your house. Or there are 3 dozen cats under your bed that start purring when you try to go to sleep laugh.gif

#18    Resonance

Resonance

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:12 PM

realmcutter on Nov 11 2008, 03:06 PM, said:

It probably might be something to do with your houses plumbing. Old pipes can have large surges of water through them infrequently as well as sewage or city pipes that go under your house. Or there are 3 dozen cats under your bed that start purring when you try to go to sleep laugh.gif

Yes! The cats! That's it! original.gif
No, it's happened at multiple houses, so i doubt it's the plumbing. Well, if it happens again, i'll post, and give more detail.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

#19    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:47 PM

I guess it could be the beginnng of sleep paralysis. As long as there is no paranormal activity around you, then its some kind of natural vibration from outside stimuli..JN

#20    Enigmatic Ghost

Enigmatic Ghost

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 11:59 PM

Well being these bed shaking events have happened and mutable homes around you, I am wander where these homes are located, say as are they located in the Midwestern US in the tornado alley or along the Eastern Seacoast in Florida of around the shores of the gulf coast of the USA because if a Storm Cell was present at time of events it could be a possibly a barometric event if it dropped fast and hard, but there would need to me barometric reading taken to determine this and if not any extreme readings then dismiss that possibility…

Pavot cool.gif

Edited by Pavot, 13 November 2008 - 12:01 AM.

#21    Resonance

Resonance

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:09 PM

Pavot on Nov 12 2008, 03:59 PM, said:

Well being these bed shaking events have happened and mutable homes around you, I am wander where these homes are located, say as are they located in the Midwestern US in the tornado alley or along the Eastern Seacoast in Florida of around the shores of the gulf coast of the USA because if a Storm Cell was present at time of events it could be a possibly a barometric event if it dropped fast and hard, but there would need to me barometric reading taken to determine this and if not any extreme readings then dismiss that possibility…

Pavot cool.gif

Well, to help you out there. I live in Idaho.
Yes, absolutely nothing cool, Idaho. original.gif

- Socrates

#22    SRGhostgirl

SRGhostgirl

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

• Trust your Gut- it will keep you out of trouble.

Posted 13 November 2008 - 03:37 PM

Hi Skater,

I have had that same sort of electrical-current vibrating in my body before- it's very quick and slight, and for me it was around my crown chakra. It was during a time I was meditating a lot and going through some huge spiritual spurts and growth.  I don't know if it was paranormal in any sense, but my guess was that my body was simply adjusting to what was going on with me.

Are you doing a lot of spiritual work right now? Meditating?

Also, there have been times when I have waken with my bed shaking, as if I had just fallen back into myself with a bang.  Those few times held no explanation as to why my bed would shake.  However, what I decided was that my bed itself was not shaking, but that I was falling back into my body from a dream out of body experience. Those are FUN! Have not had this happen in a long time, though.  

Edited by SRGhostgirl, 13 November 2008 - 03:37 PM.

Love and Light,
Susan

#23    Resonance

Resonance

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 07:07 AM

SRGhostgirl on Nov 13 2008, 07:37 AM, said:

Hi Skater,

I have had that same sort of electrical-current vibrating in my body before- it's very quick and slight, and for me it was around my crown chakra. It was during a time I was meditating a lot and going through some huge spiritual spurts and growth.  I don't know if it was paranormal in any sense, but my guess was that my body was simply adjusting to what was going on with me.

Are you doing a lot of spiritual work right now? Meditating?

Also, there have been times when I have waken with my bed shaking, as if I had just fallen back into myself with a bang.  Those few times held no explanation as to why my bed would shake.  However, what I decided was that my bed itself was not shaking, but that I was falling back into my body from a dream out of body experience. Those are FUN! Have not had this happen in a long time, though.  

Yes!!!! That explains it exactly! Wow..... I've been meditating a lot more, and thinking about more spiritual things. ...

- Socrates

#24    SRGhostgirl

SRGhostgirl

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

• Trust your Gut- it will keep you out of trouble.

Posted 17 November 2008 - 05:28 AM

Excellent! I am so glad. grin2.gif

Love and Light,
Susan

#25    SoulDosage

SoulDosage

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:27 AM

Hello! This is my first post on this forum and this topic grabbed my attention. I've had this same experince since I was in Intermidiate school, and I'm 28 now. I'll be in a sleeping state and wake up to the bed vibrating...I'll move my legs and body to make sure I'm not sleeping, I'll get up and put my hand on the bed and I feel it vibrating...and no there isn't anything battery operated involved...lol It's happened at three diff houses, and on a couch.

I had a Tarot reading done three months ago and asked the lady and she said ti's my own energy, working through me. I've never tried A.P or anything like that. Sometimes I feel like I'm falling and I'll wake with a start, that doesn't happen to often.

I've had more then a few experinces with the paranormal and was afraid that an entity was doing this to my bed, I'm relieved to find that it's just me.

Thanks for Listening

#26    mfellows

mfellows

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

[quote name='skater69' date='Nov 11 2008, 06:36 PM' post='2601377']
Okay, this may sound far fetched, but here goes. Sometimes when i'm going to sleep, my girlfriend and I will be laying in bed, and the bed will start to vibrate. Not like, "OMG WTF! IT's SHAKING!"... But, it's almost like a cell phone vibrate, except it's the whole bed. My bed is a normal spring queen size mattress, with evertyhing a normal bed has. Nothing special at all. Just sometimes, i'll be laying there with my eyes open, or even closed, and the bed will vibrate for about 5 seconds, and then stop! Nothing around my bed is electronic, other than alarm clock, and it's on the night stand.

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

We'll lay there, and sometimes even 3 times throughout the night, the bed with just vibrate. For no reason!

Any ideas guys?
[/quote

About 10 years ago or so I had a similiar experience but it was dramatic.  I was almost to sleep and was awoken by my bed shaking fiercely!  It felt just like somone jumped onto my bed full force then started jumping on my bed.  I sat up immediately and ran, not walked, but ran outside!  Then I had to go back inside and was quite scared ;-)  I have no idea what that was!  I've also had a moment where I was sitting on the side of my bed puting shoes on and it felt like someone sat down right next to me.

#27    Lord*Kur

Lord*Kur

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

• Shine!

Anoint. Alight. Align.

Posted 27 December 2008 - 10:02 PM

you should maybe try exercising

Posted Image

#28    Larving

Larving

Remote Viewer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:33 PM

My own guess would have been that one of your neighbors are playing music with the bass way up. Happens to me, and sometimes the music is so low I have to strain my ears to hear it.
But then I read how far away you live from everything, so it's probably not that. Sorry, I'm stomped.  blush.gif

#29    Resonance

Resonance

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Larving on Dec 29 2008, 11:33 AM, said:

My own guess would have been that one of your neighbors are playing music with the bass way up. Happens to me, and sometimes the music is so low I have to strain my ears to hear it.
But then I read how far away you live from everything, so it's probably not that. Sorry, I'm stomped.  blush.gif

Well, it's been a while since i've posted on this thread, but last night, the reoccuring vibrations started again!

It was basically the same way as normal, I was just laying there by myself, on my back. The bed started to vibrate just like a cell phone, only this time, I jumped up and started to deduce what could be causing it. I ruled out all electrical, physical, basically everything that could logically be causing it. Nothing was near the bed, on the bed, or anything. Now remember, I live in a basement with no plumbing under or around my bed, the walls are all cement, and my bed sits on the floor, with no frame. Therefore ruling out, plumbing and any type of anything under the bed.

I still have yet to come up with a reasonable explanation for this, and I really hope someone can help me.

If it helps any, i'll take a couple pictures of my room, so that you can see that there's absolutely nothing that could be causing this....

Anyone mind trying to explain?

- Socrates

#30    Azrael23

Azrael23

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

skater69 on Nov 11 2008, 03:06 PM, said:

I figured i'd just post this, in a change to maybe get some input. I think maybe, ( i haven't done any research at all on AP, but i think it might be Astral Projection). I know that i've been able to concentrate hard enough to project my thoughts to wherever i want, and see and feel and hear things (Who knows if they're just in my head though). But, it's a weird experience.

Your post immediately caught my eye since I experienced a similar phenomena just last night. In my case I woke from sleep to find my bed shaking as if someone was jumping up and down on the bed next to me. Freaked me out a bit at first, but eventually it went away. Its interesting because I had just started practicing astral projection techniques the day before, and of course this vibration is reported to be common during projection. I wasn't even attempting to project at that time, but its hard to imagine it isn't linked. Also, this has never happened to me before.

I'm curious, would you say your projections are more like full astral projection or just remote viewing? Maybe this practice of yours caused a spontaneous projection/partial projection similar to what I believe may have happened to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users