Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Micheal Moore

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#76    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:44 PM

This forum really needs merging with the other one.

#77    Monkyburd

Monkyburd

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

• "TIME is an abstract concept created by carbon based life forms to monitor their ongoing decay" ~Thunderclese

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:33 PM

cool.gif Awww yeah...  Farenheit 9/11 gets 3 outta 4 stars..  Damn good movie. thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  

#78    EDUCANALE

EDUCANALE

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:06 PM

First of all I want to say I have nothing against Canadians...

But Micheal Moore was born a Canadian. Moved to this country and began bashing it. I mean if he REALLY hates the why is he here? Go back to Canada where you belong? I mean he NOT even American? He's not welcomed here in the USA. The guy is a smug jackass who has built his career around bashing the USA. He makes me vomit. Dumb fat bastard. The man is undeserving of any respect.

#79    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:11 PM

I for one will NOT see his film... I will in NO WAY support him or his cause!   thumbsup.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#80    Monkyburd

Monkyburd

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

• "TIME is an abstract concept created by carbon based life forms to monitor their ongoing decay" ~Thunderclese

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:08 PM

rolleyes.gif Educanale, bravo on brilliant discussion! Mymymy your diction is superb!

As an american, I think EVERYONE in the U.S. should see this film. It displays the war in a new light and has extremely valid points, regardless of whatever excuse you can make in Bush's favor. It's very american to question our own country's goals and purpose.

I admit I won't accept all the items Moore displayed in his latest documentary as hard facts until I know for sure.  Regardless, I believe this is one of Moore's best films in accuracy and credibility and a great deal of the film is undoubtedly opinion, and not a favorable one for George's flocks of "hawks".

Educanale, I find your insults as a way to display your own ignorance, but I have learned to be tolerant of such things.  Ignorance is expected under the dictatorship, err... presidency of the Big Bad Bush. whistling2.gif

Sorry if I come off as Liberal, I'm really trying to be more center of the road. wink2.gif  

Edited by Monkyburd, 29 June 2004 - 04:22 PM.

#81    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 08:35 AM

[removed]

Edited by Mentalcase, 27 June 2004 - 11:03 AM.

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#82    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 09:03 AM

[Removed]

Edited by Mentalcase, 27 June 2004 - 11:07 AM.

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#83    cma

cma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

• THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (Monkyburd @ Mar 28 2004, 03:03 PM)
I want to know what people's opinions here are of Micheal Moore, the film director/mudraker who suprises big business unannounced and confronts problems from a librel standpoint. Some of his documentaries include The Big One, The Aweful Truth, and, Bowling for Columbine and he has out a new book bashing bush called Dude, Where's my Country.  

Personally I think he makes some good points, but tends to get carried away sometimes (Especially in his hatred for Bush.)  One Point in particular is that Bush and the Bin Laden family have been business partners in oil industry for some time and on the day of Sept. 11th the Bin Laden family was visiting the U.S.  When the Trade Centers went down Bush then had them flown by a private Suadi jet out of the country.  huh.gif Supposedly it was for their saftey.

Also Ironic is the point that during the invasion of Afghanistan by the Soviets America actually supplied Saddam Hussien with weapons of mass destruction. huh.gif

I agree with some of your points in there....

#84    Monkyburd

Monkyburd

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

CMA, the Truth IS out there! Its also right here in front of our face sometimes but people don't believe it.  grin2.gif

Hahaha, Nameless one's in troubbbble... thumbsup.gif way to stick it to the man.

#85    bigjimmer

bigjimmer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:46 PM

Although Micheal Moore does seem to be up his own arse, i'm sure he does have some valid points. But, at the same time it think as someone has mentioned before, he does point the finger alot with out backing himself up.

I tried to read 'Stupid White Men' but never made it through because he started to sound more like a man with a grudge and the money to let people know. It seems he would rather spend his time putting his tongue up the black communities arses, and fuel his own ego by making every one look racist and stupid.

Next time you read/view his material, just take a note of all the accusations that he backs up with hard evidence. They will be few and far between. But feel free to beleive those parts.

#86    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:13 AM

i just watched Bowling for Columbine for the first time, and after taking some notes, and researching his points.. he made a damn good presentation on how screwed up america is.

He dodged the point that not all americans are messed up, just the minority.

He quoted 11,000 murders/year are from guns.  Compared to the american population, it's a minimal number.

I'll have to watch it again, and get the murder-population numbers..

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Speaking on Gun control

--‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users