Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mystery over new Russian weapon

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 07:52 PM

MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- Russia has designed a "revolutionary" weapon that would make the prospective U.S. missile defense useless, Russian news agencies reported, quoting a senior Defense Ministry official.

The official, who was not identified by name, said tests conducted during last month's military maneuvers would dramatically change the philosophy behind development of Russia's nuclear forces, the Interfax and ITAR-Tass news agencies reported on Monday.

If deployed, the new weapon would take the value of any U.S. missile shield to "zero," the news agencies quoted the official as saying.

The official said the new weapon would be inexpensive, providing an "asymmetric answer" to U.S. missile defenses, which are proving extremely costly to develop.

Russia, meanwhile, also has continued research in prospective missile defenses and has an edge in some areas compared to other nations, the official said.

The statement reported Monday was in line with claims by President Vladimir Putin's that experiments performed during last month's maneuvers proved that Russia could soon build strategic weapons that could puncture any missile-defense system.

At the time, Col-Gen. Yuri Baluyevsky, the first deputy chief of the General Staff of the Russian armed forces, explained that the military tested a "hypersonic flying vehicle" that was able to maneuver between space and the earth's atmosphere.

Military analysts said that the mysterious new weapons could be a maneuverable ballistic missile warhead or a hypersonic cruise missile.

Full Article

#2    Viva

Viva

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:16 PM

All these military experiments will lead to the bad end. I hope I am mistaken  ph34r.gif  

#3    DreamRebel

DreamRebel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

• Knowledge is the weapon of choice. Those who possess it shall prevail.

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:35 PM

[Edit] Post removed

#4    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (DreamRebel @ Mar 29 2004, 03:35 PM)
Looks like the cold war is back or maybe never stopped.

Sounds that way doesn't it?  wacko.gif  

#5    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

• It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:02 PM

Stupid, stupid, stupid... thats all the world leaders are.

#6    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 09:05 PM

Why dosent the U.S. invade Russia and rid them of their Weapons of Mass Destruction as they did to Iraq... Russia has suttley stated that they could pretty much attack the U.S. very easily, or what, do the United States like the pick on the little guys?

#7    jimma

jimma

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

• The Horror, Oh,The Horror

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:22 AM

QUOTE (Diebytheflyguy @ Mar 29 2004, 10:05 PM)
Why dosent the U.S. invade Russia and rid them of their Weapons of Mass Destruction as they did to Iraq... Russia has suttley stated that they could pretty much attack the U.S. very easily, or what, do the United States like the pick on the little guys?

I cant believe im reading this crap. sad.gif   What gives the US the right to be the only nation armed with weapons of mass distruction?  While I agree tinpot dictators should be quelled, Russia has as much right as the US.  They were working on their program long before the US, they were just slower.  It's that American attitude 'Invade everyone' thats going to be the end of this planet!  Some countries need to grow up!  Russia may be skint but it still has a Nuke arsenal to rival the US and I think the US would have a nasty shock if they tried to invade Russia.  The Russians are desperate to be westernised theyd have no reason whatsoever to be a thret to the US!

#8    Viva

Viva

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:55 AM

I think the US would have a nasty shock if they tried to invade Russia

It would be a doomsday ph34r.gif  

#9    Athenian

Athenian

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

• Those who fear the coming Apocalypse, Thou are my enemy.

Posted 30 March 2004 - 02:45 PM

The USA is the threat to the worlds existence! To humanitys existence!  alien.gif Russia is next in that line...

Edited by Athenian, 30 March 2004 - 02:51 PM.

#10    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 30 March 2004 - 04:26 PM

Cold war all over again   crying.gif  God, i hope not...i dont wanna go back down to the nuke shelter for another 30 yrs  blink.gif   (i'm only 20, so i've never really been down there, but it doesnt look fun  sad.gif )

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

#11    DreamRebel

DreamRebel

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

• Knowledge is the weapon of choice. Those who possess it shall prevail.

Posted 30 March 2004 - 04:30 PM

[Edit] Post removed

#12    Viva

Viva

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 08:02 PM

As a russian I do not want to invade USA too wink2.gif  Let's live peacefully!  wub.gif  grin2.gif  

#13    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:30 AM

It's a shame nations can't come together to fight pollution or disease or something, instead of new ways to fight each other huh.gif

Utopia is cool cool.gif

Edited by Homer, 31 March 2004 - 07:50 AM.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#14    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (jimma @ Mar 30 2004, 06:22 AM)
QUOTE (Diebytheflyguy @ Mar 29 2004, 10:05 PM)

I cant believe im reading this crap. sad.gif   What gives the US the right to be the only nation armed with weapons of mass distruction?  While I agree tinpot dictators should be quelled, Russia has as much right as the US.  They were working on their program long before the US, they were just slower.  It's that American attitude 'Invade everyone' thats going to be the end of this planet!  Some countries need to grow up!  Russia may be skint but it still has a Nuke arsenal to rival the US and I think the US would have a nasty shock if they tried to invade Russia.  The Russians are desperate to be westernised theyd have no reason whatsoever to be a thret to the US!

Man im joking... my post was a joke... sorry if i wasen't more clear or scarcastic enough!

#15    Diebytheflyguy

Diebytheflyguy

Poltergeist

• 3,185 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (Athenian @ Mar 30 2004, 11:45 AM)
The USA is the threat to the worlds existence! To humanitys existence!  alien.gif Russia is next in that line...

I agree with that... I would say North Korea is third, but you gotta watch out for us Canadians... you wouldnt want to mess with our "squirt guns," as I have heard some Americans say... but you may have forgotten our secret weapon... the Avero Arrow!

Edited by Diebytheflyguy, 31 March 2004 - 02:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users