Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Philippines foils major terror attack

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    stillcrazy

stillcrazy

Poltergeist

• 2,172 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:21 AM

MANILA - The Philippines said on Tuesday its security forces had foiled a "Madrid-level" terror attack in the capital Manila by arresting four suspected Islamic militants and seizing a large amount of explosives.

Officials said the four suspected members of the Abu Sayyaf and Jemaah Islamiah militant groups had been arrested in separate raids in Manila, including in the Makati business area.

"What we have arrested are elements of the Abu Sayyaf and the JI (Jemaah Islamiah)," National Security Adviser Norberto Gonzales told Reuters. "We don't know which was the leading one."

Al-Qaida-linked Jemaah Islamiah has been blamed for a series of bomb blasts in Manila in December 2000, including one on a train, that killed 22 people.

Full Story

#2    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:31 AM

Same thing has happeened here in britain on a madrid scale as well.
so woohoo for us. thumbsup.gif  

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#3    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 01:44 PM

whistling2.gif
Happy days are here again!
The terrorist will be caught
And it's just a question of when!
Happy days are here again! whistling2.gif

Excuse me while I do the jig.. wiggle.gif  wavey.gif  wiggle.gif  wiggle.gif  wavey.gif wiggle.gif  wavey.gif  wiggle.gif  wiggle.gif  wavey.gif  

#4    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:42 PM

what i dont get is they say "al-qaeda linked" leader of the group...why was this guy not arrested earlier?!  blink.gif

either way, the terrorists will lose and we will all prove our mighty power   thumbsup.gif  gunsmilie.gif  gunsmilie.gif  gunsmilie.gif  gunsmilie.gif  thumbup.gif  clap.gif  clap.gif  gunsmilie.gif  thumbup.gif  w00t.gif  

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

#5    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:18 AM

They dont arrest them straight away because it is of more use to them if they watch them keep them under surveillance and learn as much about  everyone in the network as they can. Hopefully in doing this they completley destroy the whole infrastructure, this is the idea although some will inevitabley get through the net.

If they just arrested the guy striaght away then the majority of the others in the cell would simply melt away into the backround and we would get nowhere.

It is exactly this approach that is gettin results, i dont think we realise just how many terror attacks are prevented by our brave security sources. thumbsup.gif  

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users