Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

people with abnormal powers

• Please log in to reply
419 replies to this topic

#61    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:29 PM

Kazuma on Dec 21 2008, 05:27 AM, said:

Nobody has abnormal powers. They're just skills that everyone has.

Skills that are untestable, unproveable, and unrepeatable in front of real live people.

Edited by The Skeptic Eric Raven, 28 December 2008 - 11:35 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#62    DellusionalMirror

DellusionalMirror

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:06 PM

this thread has not gotten very far, sadly, but still i cant help but ask, is anyone here an empath?

#63    CommieX

CommieX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• God shmod! I want my monkey-man!

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:18 PM

i can see what i've always assumed to be electrical fields around people and am sensitive to low frequencity ELFs. the fields are kinda like a slight blur around a person and if i focus, i can get colors.  as far as the ELFs, i can tell if a tv is on (muted or otherwise) if i enter a house. i don't brag about it because it seems like a fairly useless skill.

Posted Image

#64    DellusionalMirror

DellusionalMirror

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:20 PM

CommieX on Dec 28 2008, 03:18 PM, said:

i can see what i've always assumed to be electrical fields around people and am sensitive to low frequencity ELFs. the fields are kinda like a slight blur around a person and if i focus, i can get colors.  as far as the ELFs, i can tell if a tv is on (muted or otherwise) if i enter a house. i don't brag about it because it seems like a fairly useless skill.

thats really interesting. have you always had this gift, or did it develop at some point?

#65    CommieX

CommieX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:34 PM

i'm not sure how long i could do it, but i've always been sensitive to ELFs, (a moderate sized minority of people are, it's not a psychic power, it's just a biological thing), i can hear the tv's field buzzing. and i really started noticing people's fields in my midteens. i kinda ignore them, for the most part, they are pretty faint. when i focus on someone, it's more like i sense the colors, i can't explain it really. it's not like aura photography, each person has one particular color, and it doesn't change with moods. my wife tried to get me to do body scans, trying to focus deeper into people and do a mental x-ray type image. i've had minimal success, and it usually is a black/deep blue image, and is kinda blurry. it's pretty neat. i know this sounds kinda bs.

Posted Image

#66    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:00 AM

CommieX on Dec 28 2008, 05:18 PM, said:

i can tell if a tv is on (muted or otherwise) if i enter a house. i don't brag about it because it seems like a fairly useless skill.

I can tell when a TV is on in a house too, but it isn't a "skill" or a "power" - it's a ringing sound that I can hear. I think most people can.

#67    CommieX

CommieX

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:49 AM

i can walk down a street and hear it from outside. i never said that it was impressive, i'm just more sensitive than most.

Posted Image

#68    Insight

Insight

Soldier of the New World Re-order

• 2,844 posts

• When the people fight against the elite, it's an act of terror.
    When the elite terrorizes the people, it's called justice.

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:05 AM

Young people's ears an hear higher frequency sounds than old people's. This is why many young people can hear the high electronic whine emitted by the capacitors in many electronics. I myself used to be able to hear the whine from one of my parents TVs. I could always tell if it was on or off, even with my eyes closed. But now that I'm older, I can't.  

In fact, this phenomena started an urban legend about a high pitched cell phone ring which adults couldn't hear. While such a sound does exist, when applied to cell phones, most of them were unable to properly emit the sound. Also, many adults ARE in fact able to hear it, and there are even some kids who cannot. But generally speaking, young people an hear higher frequencies. It's not psychic, it's a biological fact.

When the people fight against the elite, it's an act of terror.

Evil wears many masks, but none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.

#69    DellusionalMirror

DellusionalMirror

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 10:24 AM

CommieX on Dec 28 2008, 03:34 PM, said:

i'm not sure how long i could do it, but i've always been sensitive to ELFs, (a moderate sized minority of people are, it's not a psychic power, it's just a biological thing), i can hear the tv's field buzzing. and i really started noticing people's fields in my midteens. i kinda ignore them, for the most part, they are pretty faint. when i focus on someone, it's more like i sense the colors, i can't explain it really. it's not like aura photography, each person has one particular color, and it doesn't change with moods. my wife tried to get me to do body scans, trying to focus deeper into people and do a mental x-ray type image. i've had minimal success, and it usually is a black/deep blue image, and is kinda blurry. it's pretty neat. i know this sounds kinda bs.

actually it sounds pretty cool, very interesting

#70    Insight

Insight

Soldier of the New World Re-order

• 2,844 posts

• When the people fight against the elite, it's an act of terror.

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

CommieX on Dec 28 2008, 03:34 PM, said:

I could do a body scan on your wife...

(Sorry, I had to. *laughs*)

When the people fight against the elite, it's an act of terror.

Evil wears many masks, but none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.

#71    Prophet of the Nine

Prophet of the Nine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:06 AM

Messenger of the Eternal on Dec 22 2008, 10:43 AM, said:

I also have some special abilities:
-Short-range telekinesis (with other humans)
-Long-range telekinesis (with spirits)
-Visions of the future
-Aerokinesis
-Electrokinesis
-Astral Projection (also into other dimensions)
-Precognition
-Past-life viewing
-Psychic and spiritual defence

I have all of these powers as well, and my spiritual defence is extremely powerful. I can also see auras.

#72    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

Prophet of the Nine on Dec 31 2008, 10:06 AM, said:

I have all of these powers as well, and my spiritual defence is extremely powerful. I can also see auras.

No you don't.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#73    Voyager10

Voyager10

Bass City Roller

• 2,374 posts

• "The light in the window
    Is a crack in the sky
    A stairway to darkness
    In the blink of an eye"
    -Ozzy Osbourne

Posted 31 December 2008 - 08:28 PM

CommieX on Dec 28 2008, 05:34 PM, said:

I don't think its useless. Ever watch Ghost Hunters? They walk around the house with EMF detectors to track ghosts. Do you ever see an ELF field, but nobody is physically there?

Posted Image

http://beam.to/dreamjournal
No matter how I try I find my
way into the same old jam

-Led Zeppelin

#74    D1CKY D1AMOND

D1CKY D1AMOND

Ambassador to Earth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:18 AM

Voyager10 on Dec 31 2008, 02:28 PM, said:

I don't think its useless. Ever watch Ghost Hunters? They walk around the house with EMF detectors to track ghosts. Do you ever see an ELF field, but nobody is physically there?

Ghost Hunters is fake... Anyone who knows anything about how a TV show works knows 'reality' from a TV show is impossible.

#75    Max.L

Max.L

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:00 PM

Voyager10 on Jan 1 2009, 04:28 AM, said:

If I am not wrong , Discovery Channel ( Or was it history channel? ) , did something like this , they brought some people to this `haunted house' that was in fact perfectly normal , the ghost hunters used EMF detectors and l8r on , the people on Discovery channel revealed that nothing was wrong and EMF can be produced by metallic items , even pipes.

This may not be entire correct as the show was quite a while ago , but the only part I remember clearly is the part where they say that EMF fields can be produced by even pipes.

Everyone has a right to be stupid but you my friend, are abusing it.

Fallaces Sunt Rerum Species

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users