Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Foxboro State Hospital

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Ashe Romeo

Ashe Romeo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

• Loves her Tragedy

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:15 PM

The first time I ever heard about this place, I was fourteen years old. Some kids in my poetry class at school were bragging about having gone there and knicked some old files. Being the quiet girl who hid herself behind Paradise Lost in high school, I had developed the habit of eavesdropping, so I decided to listen a little bit.

They were showing off this old patent record. The woman involved, according to the record, had been repeatedly subjected to electroshock therapy, with no results.

I don't know if the file was for real or not, but it certainly seemed legitmate enough. It's not like these boys in my class were smart enough to perpetrate such a thing (they were jocky football players, for hell's sake.) so yeah, it kinda freaked me out a little bit. I also wondered why this woman was forced to endure shocks if they so obviously were not working.

Years later, about a month ago, to be exact, I finally visited this place. Oh my ****ing god.

Now, I don't claim to be psychic. I don't think I'm any kind of medium or all that, but the second I got there--hadn't even gotten out of the car--I didn't like it. I wanted to get the hell OUT. I felt this odd suction in the middle of my guts--like my heart was being pulled towards my stomach. It took a lot of self restraint to not roll down the window and puke everywhere. I don't know if that means the place is haunted or not, but my instincts were telling me "this place is bad, you don't want to be here, tell Israel to drive the hell away now." It was the most oppresively claustrophobic feeling I had ever gotten in my life. To say that I wanted to get out is an understatement--I needed to leave. For several minutes, I legitimately struggled with the physical need to vomit and the want to break down and cry. It was awful.

Awful, but it disippated a little bit.

They're in the process of tearing down the place. There's really only one building left, and the windows are all caved in, covered in plastic. It was eerie, gave the sense of being watched. We didn't go in, we only lurked, but the feeling I got when we pulled in was just...totally overwhelming. I don't want to go back. My boyfriend wants to visit, to look for a straightjacket or something for a souvenier (men -.-) but I'm wary of returning. Anyone know anything? Here's a video I found, with pictures and music from the Silent Hill 2 OST (good choice, IMHO)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSXYAJOfEU

0:54 gave me a chill...I saw that hallway. It's part of the basement, very visible from the outside. I don't want to think about what it must have been like for the patients, there. Those long, dark corridors *shudder*

Posted Image

Signature and avatar by me. If you would like something done, feel free to PM me!

#2    Dienasty92

Dienasty92

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

Sounds scary as hell, but im a stupid 16 year old boy. I wouldve gone in there anyways wink2.gif
If your BF does go tell him to take pictures!!

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

#3    have2know

have2know

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:39 PM

Those poor paitents went through hell...realy sad and all those emotions must be still there and you must have picked up on them when you went there.  I would be leary on returning also.  Thanks for the story and link...realy interesting !

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong

#4    Nachtmahr

Nachtmahr

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 223 posts

• I will show you, the Greatest Nightmare!

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:37 AM

I've always found old mental hospitals creepy.

"Won't it be dull when we rid ourselves
of all these demons haunting us?"
-BNL

#5    PercyJackson

PercyJackson

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

• "best satisfaction comes from succeeding in something that others say you cannot."

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:02 AM

the sounds scares me...
what a place..
I'll never try to explore it...

Percy Jackson

"There's n0 gre@t f0rtune in @nything inst@nt..."

"The d00rs for le@rning are @lw@ys 0pen f0r ne0phytes..."

#6    morosity

morosity

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:25 PM

I have this bizarre interest in abandoned mental health facilities - well, any mental health facilities to tell the truth!, although abandoned ones are significantly more creepy than the ones that are still running. I once went to a party held in a social club on the grounds of a local asylum and I was more interested in looking at the big foreboding building than dancing and having a laugh! lol. I think the thing that fascinates me most is that the human mind is such a complex and confusing thing, occasionally dark and evil - but thankfully mostly light and good. When I was a young girl I was desperate to be a psychiatrist or work in an asylum, so I think that's where my fascination stemmed from!.

The feeling you got could possibly be from residual energy, many people who stayed there were probably very disturbed and had their own 'warped' energies that might have sunk into the actual building itself. If lots of the people there were very depressed, this would also add to the atmosphere surrounding the place - a sense of sadness and woe, that although you know is irrational, it still effects you because the building has seeped up so much from the past and it'll continue radiating those emotions until it's gone. If you do return, simply focusing on your breathing and imagining a ball of light around you may help to stop the panic you felt - just take comfort in the fact that the building won't hurt you and if the place is haunted, the ghosts probably won't hurt you either, it's simply a build up of emotion from years passed.

#7    morosity

morosity

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

I'd just like to add - I tried to watch the video but when it got halfway through I really freaked out and had to close it, lmao... the soundtrack makes it feel really ominous  unsure.gif

#8    Cloudshill

Cloudshill

Tree Spirit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,959 posts

• "It's not that it doesn't hurt.........the trick is not minding that it hurts"

Posted 23 December 2008 - 05:32 PM

Odd.......they should have destroyed the patients records...or put them in storage........sad.gif

Posted Image

#9    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:24 AM

Too bad it's being (or has been) torn down. If the foundation was good and the structure still sound it would have made an interesting renovation project with maybe a club being built on the main floor. The buildings history alone would've made the place quite an attraction.

#10    Ashe Romeo

Ashe Romeo

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

• Loves her Tragedy

Posted 25 December 2008 - 04:03 AM

It is being torn down, but there are two of the buildings that are still standing.

And I find it amusing that the music freaked you all out so much. It's actually taken from the Silent Hill 2 OST, which happens to be one of my favourite videogames of all times. original.gif Doesn't bother me one bit anymore. Great, huh? disgust.gif

But yes, it is very odd that they didn't do anything to get rid of the records...some of them must have been overlooked. I believe that was part of the basis for a film called Session 9, which was centred around Danvers.

Posted Image

Signature and avatar by me. If you would like something done, feel free to PM me!

#11    emily2285

emily2285

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:59 PM

I lived in the hospital this past year for 14 months. It was never torn down it was all remodeled into condos. While there both my boyfriend(who was not a believer) and myself experienced many paranormal activities. We lived in the c wing on the second floor. D wing was the most haunted. People would move into d wing and quickly move out. While there we always got the feeling of being watched. Everytime a fuse would go out in any apartment it would be fuse 13 in the fuse box. I remember being in bed about to fall asleep and hearing a women's voice right over me out loud say three words to me. I don't know what she said but I shot up and told my boyfriend to please take me to the store. I just wanted to get out of the building! We get to the car and drive out of the parking lot and I told him I heard this voice. He said he didn't want to scare me but he heard the same thing! Many people would see ghosts walk through walls into other apartments. Wake up to a man sitting on the corner of your bed staring at you. Knocks on your door and you open and no one is there. Walking up the stairs and seeing a man peeking out the doorway at you and you look down the long hallway and its completely empty. One women woke up in the morning and every cabinet and draw in her kitchen was open! Her front door was locked and she lived alone. I would be in bed and hear my door knobs rattle from in my hallway and both my boyfriend and I would see shadow figures pass by our bedroom door. I always felt like the spirits were curious about us all. Some of them seemed playful. I always felt really sad and depressed for no reason while I lived there and I started to think something was wrong with me! After I moved I have never felt that way again. I felt like that place was totally rubbing off on me. We moved because of how bad things felt there. It mostly got the worst about six months into living there when construction works digging in the back building 55+ communities discovered graves if patients. The town moved the graves across the street where all the other patients were buried. That was September of last year. Like I said once the graves were moved I think it really upset the spirits! I am so happy now that I left! I don't recommend anyone live there. We moved out this past may and we still have never recieved our $500 security deposit back! You can't get intouch with anyone that works there you just get s voicemail with another number to call or an email address. I have been trying since may to get my money back. It's just still a nut house over there if you ask me!

Edited by emily2285, 19 October 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#12    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:15 AM

Nice.  Nut house.  Ignorance.  So many people have no clue.  That's what is really scary.

#13    Evo

Evo

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:59 PM

Wouldn't it be crazy if the people who investigate this insanely creepy asylum go nuts afterwards (no puns intended?)

Edited by Evo, 20 October 2011 - 05:59 PM.

#14    coldethyl

coldethyl

~☆~Public Animal #9~☆~

• 16,331 posts

• ~*★*~I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
    Bruce Lee~*★*~

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

I think it'd be nice if someone out there was educated at all past the third grade when it came to mental illness.

#15    kabulujug

kabulujug

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

Being in the medical field I don't find anything creepy or dementing about someone being done ECT(Electroshock Therapy) on. If she was a subject to early tests she would've probably not been in a lot of pain since people who do get ECT are the ones who have psychotic disorders only. Probably would've just felt discomfort because she may not had a muscle relaxant before the procedure, or may have had bad experience with not being able to control gag reflex, but nothing deadly if within a professional's care.

You don't do ECT on a normal person unless you're a sadistic doctor! And unless the hospital was a cult shop of some sort, the procedure would've not been done in the first place. I've seen ECT first-hand myself and it only appears to people like torture since yeah you do use electricity on the person but the amount of time the electricity is used isn't even enough to kill anybody, takes less than 5 seconds. When ECT doesn't produce results, it just means she still suffers the same psychotic disorder before she was subjected to it. But anybody who goes under ECT usually gets the treatment more than once in their lifetime.

But the hospital being eerie, I feel you there. I did my student internship on a hospital where it was said that a lot patients died, due to normal illnesses and stuff. But every single damn day I went there and worked for 8 hours I always felt like someone was watching me despite all the people around me. I've never tried doing night shift when I was there but something about hospitals even as a medical professional creeps the hell out of me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users