Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A new 'face' on Mars?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 19 May 2001 - 07:10 PM

Get ready for another round of theories and speculations about 'life' on Mars. Here's a picture from the Mars Global Surveyor that some are touting as further 'proof' of ancient civilization on Mars;

The image is roughly 3 miles wide and 17 miles long(top to bottom). Thats alot of carving! ohmy.gif

Here is a link to the website that purports to see much more evidence of alien life on Mars. You can see just how convoluted and imaginative some of these 'images' are. There are quite a few, test yourself to see how highly impressionable you are to their suggestions;

http://www.metaresea...fact_html/defau
lt.htm://http://www.metaresearch.org/solar%2...ml/defau
lt.htm

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 May 2001 - 03:57 PM

There are so many photographs of Mars that have been interpreted as evidence of an Alien Civilization, that it's difficult to believe any of them these days. Following the Path Finder landing, somebody started up a web site, which included photographs showing what he described as an "alien tent" on the surface of Mars. This was followed by some shots of an "alien frog" and other such claims. It's likely that if you look at any photograph of Mars for long enough you can see things which resemble familiar objects. There have been some interesting photographs of geometrically laid out pyramid objects however, but apart from those, there has been little credible proof of anything out of the ordinary on the Martian surface.

As far as the Faces on Mars are concerned, I would have imagined an Alien Race would have made a much better job of them ! If an advanced race of beings had really built monuments on Mars, they would be a lot more obvious, and there would be a lot less controversial theories regarding their validity.

#3    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 20 May 2001 - 05:00 PM

Especially because of the size of this latest picture - it's monument-al!!!<g>, I can't really believe it. BUT I gotta say, you don't have to look hard to see(to me,anyway)an almost feminine face(Cleopatra?).

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#4    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 25 May 2001 - 06:41 PM

It does have that feminine look, doesnt it. This face sure doesnt make me any more convinced.

What really gets me thinking is those pyramid like structures that are close to the "face" in the cydonian region. They say those structures not only have a perfect pyramid shape, but that they have a geometric relationship with each other "pyramid"

O.K. here goes. What IF Mars had some visitors tens of thousands or may be hundreds of thousands of years ago, and they created those controvercial structures. Wouldnt it be reasonable to assume that these structures would have felt the effects of time, like erosion or being bombarded with space debris? And that is the reason why they are no longer perfectly detailed ???

Just something to think about.

Homer

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#5    djdodo

djdodo

Poltergeist

• 2,747 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 12:22 PM

well let us leave Mars .. and think about the new Planet called Nibiru ... it is coming soon  biggrin.gif ..I hope to get to see it .. IT you want more information about this planet .. just visit the Following web site...

www.aliensthetruth.com

they call it the 12th planet  smile.gif                                                  

<span style='color:pink'>Luv is unpredictable. luv's Blind!
Luv is like a Diamond, when it brakes it turns in to dust.
Dont buy luv with money, it never works</span>

#6    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 02:14 PM

http://www.solarviews.com/eng/face.htm

chill out folks.....look at the photos from mars at this link...

nothing but love and smileys laugh.gif                                                  

#7    bigsteff

bigsteff

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 02:16 PM

oh and by the way,,,,did you know that mars belongs to scotland...

what do you mean how....the first photo on this is big rab..check out the link

http://www.magicdragon.com/Wallace/Bruce1.html

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif                                                  

#8    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 21 May 2003 - 02:55 PM

I put an effect on this pic from photoshop, just thought it gave the face more personality. I had to crop the pic because of the size..                                                  

Attached Images

• marsface410x465.jpg

Edited by Mentalcase, 21 May 2003 - 02:56 PM.

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users