Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is God ?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:08 PM

i dont care what Mr. Yrechy talks about god.
But what i really want is to invite Mr. Yurechy into the Ancient Mysteries and Alternative History Forum and ask him to discuss his theories about the atlantis power gird and other psuedo stuff with us over there.

I doubt that he would ever come.

The invitation stands open.

When his Atlantis Power Grid stuff was quoted in the forum, i had contacted him regarding the valdity of his claim on the pennyhead indian as the thirteenth point and all did was roll around evading the questions.

Doug, please come share your thoughts with us so that we can share our thoughts also with you.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#17    theQ

theQ

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:11 PM

GOD...is whatever the humanoid dreams it up to be...simple as that.

#18    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Government Agent

• 3,527 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:03 AM

Lt_Ripley on Dec 27 2008, 12:24 AM, said:

Heck Hitler thought he was a good christian.

Evidence? It's rather difficult to follow a Jew named Jesus when you loathe all Jews.

#19    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:18 AM

'OldTimeRadio' date='Jan 4 2009, 10:03 PM' post='2675887']
Evidence? It's rather difficult to follow a Jew named Jesus when you loathe all Jews.

How Christianity was the catalyst of the Holocaust:

Hitler’s anti-Semitism grew out of his Christian education.  Austria and Germany were majorly Christian during his time and they held the belief that Jews were an inferior status to Aryan Christians.  The Christians blamed the Jews for the killing of Jesus.  Jewish hatred did not actually spring from Hitler, it came from the preaching of Catholic priests and Protestant ministers throughout Germany for hundreds of years.  The Protestant leader, Martin Luther, himself, held a livid hatred for Jews and their Jewish religion.  In his book, “On the Jews and their Lies,” Luther set the standard for Jewish hatred in Protestant Germany up until World War 2.  Hitler expressed a great admiration for Martin Luther constantly quoting his works and beliefs.

“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so.”

( Adolf Hitler, from John Toland [Pulitzer Prize winner], Adolf Hitler, New York: Anchor Publishing, 1992, p. 507. )

“The folkish-minded man, in particular, has the sacred duty, each in his own denomination, of making people stop just talking superficially of God's will, and actually fulfill God's will, and not let God's word be desecrated. For God's will gave men their form, their essence and their abilities. Anyone who destroys His work is declaring war on the Lord's creation, the divine will.”

( Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Ralph Mannheim, ed., New York: Mariner Books, 1999, p. 562. )

“Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.”

( Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf, Ralph Mannheim, ed., New York: Mariner Books, 1999, p. 65. )

“My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. And as a man I have the duty to see to it that human society does not suffer the same catastrophic collapse as did the civilization of the ancient world some two thousand years ago — a civilization which was driven to its ruin through this same Jewish people.

“Then indeed when Rome collapsed there were endless streams of new German bands flowing into the Empire from the North; but, if Germany collapses today, who is there to come after us? German blood upon this earth is on the way to gradual exhaustion unless we pull ourselves together and make ourselves free!

“And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly, it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people. And when I look on my people I see them work and work and toil and labor, and at the end of the week they have only for their wages wretchedness and misery. When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil, if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom today this poor people are plundered and exploited.”

( Adolf Hitler, in a speech delivered at Munich, April 12, 1922; from Norman H. Baynes, ed., The Speeches of Adolf Hitler: April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1, New York: Oxford University Press, 1942, pp. 19-20. )

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/quotes_hitler.html

#20    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Government Agent

• 3,527 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:11 AM

These Hitler quotes were all for public consumption. He could not very well campaign on an anti-Christian platform in 1922! His real thoughts were conveyed in his private letters to his loyalist henchmen. For example, there is a letter extant which Hitler wrote to Heinrich Himmler at Christmastime, 1941, in which Hitler states that Christianity, and most especially its Roman Catholic incarnation, must be wholly eradicated and replaced with neo-paganism. The only difference Hitler seems to have with Himmler on this issue is that Himmler wants to destroy Christianity at once, right now, while Hitler says this must wait until after a victorious conclusion of the current War.

So I'm forced to repeat myself - it's really difficult to imagine a man giving his heart to a Jew named Jesus Christ when he loathes all Jews!

Edited by OldTimeRadio, 07 January 2009 - 02:18 AM.

#21    Aron morales

Aron morales

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

oh-ho man, where to begin...

First I'd like to point out that just cause someone says he or she is a christian DOESN'T make them a christian (Hitler would've been a very bad christian had he not be lying about it to gain a public image)

Now to get on my high horse...

There is only ONE God, we are NOT him, he isn't anything we want him to be but what we need him to be, and God is SOOO much more than nature and our sun.

Welp, I'm probably gonna met a lot of resistance and hate-mail for my statements, but ya just can't have a discussion about God without knowing what the heck your talking about.

#22    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,532 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:01 AM

OldTimeRadio on Jan 7 2009, 02:11 AM, said:

These Hitler quotes were all for public consumption. He could not very well campaign on an anti-Christian platform in 1922! His real thoughts were conveyed in his private letters to his loyalist henchmen. For example, there is a letter extant which Hitler wrote to Heinrich Himmler at Christmastime, 1941, in which Hitler states that Christianity, and most especially its Roman Catholic incarnation, must be wholly eradicated and replaced with neo-paganism. The only difference Hitler seems to have with Himmler on this issue is that Himmler wants to destroy Christianity at once, right now, while Hitler says this must wait until after a victorious conclusion of the current War.

So I'm forced to repeat myself - it's really difficult to imagine a man giving his heart to a Jew named Jesus Christ when he loathes all Jews!

Hitler was a Christian (RC), however he denounced Christianity:

Originally, Christianity was merely an incarnation of Bolshevism the destroyer. Nevertheless, the Galilean, who later was called Christ, intended something quite different. He must be regarded as a popular leader who too up His position against Jewry. Galilee was a colony where the Romans had probably installed Gallic legionaries, and it's certain that Jesus was not a Jew. The Jews, by the way, regarded Him as the son of a whore-- of a whore and a Roman soldier.

The decisive falsification of Jesus's doctrine was the work of St. Paul. He gave himself to this work with subtlety and for purposes of personal exploitation. For the Galiean's object was to liberate His country from Jewish oppression. He set Himself against Jewish capitalism, and that's why the Jews liquidated Him.
-Hitler [Table-Talk, p. 76]

source

Interesting how he reconciled his Christinaity and belief in Jesus with his denunciation of Christianity (and the Jews) by allowing Jesus to not be a Jew. Such is the nature of belief.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#23    nubeyen

nubeyen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:32 AM

That was a nice piece, I just love it tell them, I had a look at a sight today and it was great, have a read its www.wisombeyondbeings.com thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users