Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If you could write good songs effortlesly..

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    rainbow_serpent

rainbow_serpent

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:44 PM

how would you try to get discovered? Say you could sit down and write hundreds of good songs on guitar one after another.

#2    babyforrest

babyforrest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

• We're on a mission from God.

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

I would play them for anybody who was willing to listen, and some people who weren't.  I would play at open mic nights, in coffee shops where that sort of thing was allowed, everywhere.  Once you make a name for yourself locally, try to branch out and hopefully you will be discovered.  You might have to move to a place where you are more likely to be discovered.  Try to get an agent.

Do you have this ability, RS?

Let's rock this joint!

#3    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 05:47 PM

Record them, burn to CD, send them to independent reccord labels. These small companies has the equipments you need to make a better recording, and you will be better working for them than working for your own. If you are doing really really well then someday a major label will discover you. Anyway.. where do you live?

#4    buggyelfmaiden

buggyelfmaiden

Extraterrestrial Entity

• Closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

• Little Warrior Elfie of the Army of Bored.

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:40 PM

If I had the talent I would play them anywhere.  

I'd also send them to the lables.  *Smiles* But playing them anywhere you can will help you go from a no name to someone.  That helps alot.  I mean if no one knows your name how will they know to buy your stuff.

Buggy and Toe's Random Thoughts My LJ

My website - Enjoy.

Here stands an Elfin warrior... Confuse her for a Keebler sprite and you'll be lucky to leave with limbs in place. - me acting silly in one of my various DnD rpg's

"It's religion.  It's not supposed to make sense." - Melanie Rawn The Ruins of Ambrai

#5    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:46 PM

I would copyright them and send them into music companies for the use of there allready known artists .  Make my money, keep my annonymity and play my favorite songs in seedy lounge bars just for fun .

#6    Jasu

Jasu

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• "It was so great, that I am going to have to make up a word to describe it. It was scrumptrilescent."
    - Will Ferrell

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:06 PM

It depends on how you write the songs. If by writing them, do you mean lyrics or actual riffs on a guitar. Well, either way, you should try to form a band, then play at local places, or even record songs and put them in the internet to see if others really like it. Then from there, you try to be big. Remember, Fame guaruntees your song will be played today. Greatness guarantees your song will be played 20 or 30 years from now.

For the last time, no means yes.

Sometimes I think I've gone too far. Then I turn on the T.V.

Some people say that the glass is half empty. Some people say that the glass is half full. I say that the glass is twice as big as it is supposed to be.

I got this awesome tickets, and all it cost me was 20% of my brain function. Life is greaawwwaaaaa........aaaaaaa. - Homer

#7    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:16 PM

Or you can do what Josh Kelly did .
   Place your songs on a free site for downloading MP#'s and alike . Then spend hours attatching them and sending them to people who listen to a similar style of music to yours .
   What do you know record company producers use the spawn of Napster too .. huh.gif  

#8    OneEye

OneEye

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:47 AM

If it was jst the songs I'd get someone who could do guitar riffs really good and let them be in my band.

If I could write my own guitar riffs then I'd go touring with my band as it is.

#9    rainbow_serpent

rainbow_serpent

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (rainbow_serpent @ Apr 5 2004, 05:44 PM)
how would you try to get discovered? Say you could sit down and write hundreds of good songs on guitar one after another.

Yes I can do this. ( The music is all riffs and chords no lyrics.) I thought about contacting the media and telling them what I can do. I'm hopeing I can be discovered based on that attention alone.

#10    Elmatto

Elmatto

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 02:41 AM

sweet man. I couldnt write music if my life depended on it. NOW, i can draw...

Edited by Elmatto, 08 April 2004 - 02:41 AM.

#11    Jasu

Jasu

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

• "It was so great, that I am going to have to make up a word to describe it. It was scrumptrilescent."
    - Will Ferrell

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (rainbow_serpent @ Apr 8 2004, 03:25 AM)

Yes I can do this. ( The music is all riffs and chords no lyrics.) I thought about contacting the media and telling them what I can do. I'm hopeing I can be discovered based on that attention alone.

How long have you been playing? And if you can, maybe you can post some of your riffs in tabs on here. And look at other bands' tabs to compare yours to theirs. I would suggest looking at Chuck Berry, Guns N Roses, and Led Zeppelin.

For the last time, no means yes.

Sometimes I think I've gone too far. Then I turn on the T.V.

Some people say that the glass is half empty. Some people say that the glass is half full. I say that the glass is twice as big as it is supposed to be.

I got this awesome tickets, and all it cost me was 20% of my brain function. Life is greaawwwaaaaa........aaaaaaa. - Homer

#12    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:15 AM

Well... the thing is... there are a hell LOT of people who can do that. I can sit down with my guitar and play a new tune right away. Give me an hour and it is going to be a pretty good song. And with thousands of people like that, the media is not going to listen to you. I suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Find good musicians and form a band. Concept is useless, we want final products.

2. Tour! Play in local bars and events, be famous. This is also a good way to recieve feedbacks.

3. Built a home studio. Do not spend $2000, just set up something that works.

4. Demo disk. The standard is you record 3 of your BEST songs. All three must be in the same genre.

5. Send the demo disk to small independent labels. They are the one who are actively looking for new artists. Major labels and big media are going to ignore you.

From that point you have become a professional artist, you're not going to make much before a major label discover you, which depends on your skill, tallent, hardwork, and luck. For the time being, you can always upload your songs in the internet and let us know. I'll be more than happy to listen to them... but I'm not going to give you any contract tongue.gif

#13    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:47 PM

I have houndreds of songs, music, lyrics and all. IT IS HARD! Actually, I think I might go cry about it now.   crying.gif

Oh to be heard.  original.gif  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#14    rainbow_serpent

rainbow_serpent

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (PsychicPenguin @ Apr 8 2004, 05:15 AM)

Well... the thing is... there are a hell LOT of people who can do that. I can sit down with my guitar and play a new tune right away. Give me an hour and it is going to be a pretty good song. And with thousands of people like that, the media is not going to listen to you. I suggest you to follow these steps:

1. Find good musicians and form a band. Concept is useless, we want final products.

2. Tour! Play in local bars and events, be famous. This is also a good way to recieve feedbacks.

3. Built a home studio. Do not spend $2000, just set up something that works.

4. Demo disk. The standard is you record 3 of your BEST songs. All three must be in the same genre.

5. Send the demo disk to small independent labels. They are the one who are actively looking for new artists. Major labels and big media are going to ignore you.

From that point you have become a professional artist, you're not going to make much before a major label discover you, which depends on your skill, tallent, hardwork, and luck. For the time being, you can always upload your songs in the internet and let us know. I'll be more than happy to listen to them... but I'm not going to give you any contract tongue.gif

PsychicPenguin: the thing is I can write you not one good song but literally more that one hundred good songs on command. This has to be extremely rare. I hope I don't sound arrogant going on about how I can do this, but I just feel I should be able to skip gigging or paying dues since I have this talent. I have nothing on the internet yet, but I'm going to call someone soon about creating a site. Jasu: I have been playing for 5 years. Mentalcase: Do you have anything on the internet? I would like to hear your music.

#15    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:59 AM

Mentalcase: Do you have anything on the internet? I would like to hear your music.

I will have a site up soon devoted to my music and inspirations. There will be mp3s available for download.  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users