Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Photos of orbs, streaks and ghostly mists...

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:52 PM

I have pictures of orbs, streaks and ghostly mists. w00t.gif  

I really don't know what these things are and need some help in figuring it out. As I sort the pictures, I will post them. I have taken pictures, sometimes, of the same spot over and over again, the orb moves. dontgetit.gif

This is a picture of an orb, in the left corner of the picture, next to a cannon. My husband and I were at the battlefield of Gettysburg, Pennslyvania on a dark beautiful, dry night. What do you think?

Edited by Babs, 05 April 2004 - 07:55 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#2    AnimangaBloodThorn

AnimangaBloodThorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• Ashes to ashes, gas can to matches.

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:16 PM

Could the cannon have been reflecting it?

Hey, but atleast it's not a transparent speck of dust that people consider an orb! Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing.  wacko.gif What other pictures do you have?

Cya!

<center>Energizer bunny arrested, charged for battery.
If you are psychic, think "HONK."
If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished.
Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which you can die.

'Welcome to the Doomsday Fan club and come on in and get blown to pieces with the rest of us!'

Nightwatcher-Conspiracy-AnimangaBloodThorn</center>

#3    about

about

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:31 PM

I do believe in ghosts, but like bloodthorn, i think it's the flash reflecting off teh cannon from different angles.

#4    Agent_21

Agent_21

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

• Baby says: Vote for Biccy Boy!!! UM2004
    BABY LIKES MILK AND COOKIES!
    Yo J! ;)

Posted 05 April 2004 - 10:43 PM

Yes, I have to agree with the others. The use of teh flash is obvious from the photo and reflections from the cannon seems the most likely cause of the 'orb'.

#5    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 06 April 2004 - 06:45 PM

i agree with the above and also remember orbs are also created by the flash picking up on dust or other small partiles close to the camera

never take me too seriously

#6    Universal Absurdity

Universal Absurdity

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,592 posts

• You wont win.

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:05 PM

after seeing orbs in pics taken with my first son , i looked through other pics i had taken and i cant find any

i had to shrink the pic to get it in here... i have another pic taken just before this one with no orbs .

i have noticed that in 2 out of 10 pics taken with my son there are orbs. mostly in my house....and we have a very strong ionizer in the apartment , so there really isnt any dust in it. i dont know for sure what it could be but i do find it weird

*also notice that the glare from the camera can be seen on the right , next to my head in the pic.. and the glow inbetween the orbs is the light in the room reflecting off of the window (its NOT a ufo lol)

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.JPG   0bytes   0 downloads

Edited by UniversalAbsurdity, 06 April 2004 - 07:07 PM.

Ű∩ίvệѓα|ΛЬşűяđĬŧỵ

Founder Of The Animated Avatar Workshop
43 things

#7    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:26 PM

Above an old stone church is an orb.

Edited by Babs, 06 April 2004 - 07:28 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#8    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:39 PM

We were standing 30,40 feet away from the cannon and the cannon is dull, flat....it's many years old and doesn't have a shiny surface to reflect off of. And, remember, an electronic flash loses much of it's light power as the subject gets more than 10 ft. away from the camera...as a result it loses much of it's ability to reflect.

We took many pictures of that cannon that night, one right after the other, in the same position, and we didn't have another orb.  

Henry David Thoreau...

#9    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:42 PM

Babs if that was an actual object above the church it would be at least 6' in diametre - all orbs are are dust, insects or other small particles close to the camera reflecting light off the flash.

UniversalAbsurdity - although i'll have to check this to be sure, Ionisers do not prevent dust from forming as such and so to say there would be NO dust i think would be incorrect. Remember it doesn't have to be dust per se, it could be any type of particle even (no insult meant to the taker of that photograph) dandruff falling in front of the lens for example.

#10    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:14 PM

UniversalAbsurdity

Yes, those are orbs and I see your light fixture above your head and the camera glare, too. I think that is an excellent example.  clap.gif  

Henry David Thoreau...

#11    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:23 PM

Here is another picture of the old stone church taken one second after the orb picture. No orbs! whistling2.gif  

Henry David Thoreau...

#12    Universal Absurdity

Universal Absurdity

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,592 posts

• You wont win.

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:27 PM

although i'll have to check this to be sure, Ionisers do not prevent dust from forming as such and so to say there would be NO dust i think would be incorrect.

well, the reason i bought the ionizer was to get rid of airborne particles, it could not possibly get rid of ALL airborne particles , but it does a pretty decent job

Remember it doesn't have to be dust per se, it could be any type of particle even (no insult meant to the taker of that photograph) dandruff falling in front of the lens for example.

point taken

i still cant figure out why pics ive taken before my son was born have no orbs in them.  

Ű∩ίvệѓα|ΛЬşűяđĬŧỵ

Founder Of The Animated Avatar Workshop
43 things

#13    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:33 PM

Babs, yep the dust/particle/insect/whatever had fallen/was blown/flew out of view.

UA - thats kids for yah, always causing a mess  laugh.gif  

#14    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 10:28 PM

I am going over these pictures very carefully, now, and maybe some of them could have a hair or speck of dirt on them. The ones that look like that, I won't post. I have some goodies coming up, though.  original.gif  ph34r.gif  

It seems that some of you have some better ones. w00t.gif  You know, if we all looked at all of our old photos, we might be surprized at what popped up.  rainfro.gif

PurpleStuart...I have a good picture of an old settlers cemetary with a gigantic orb near a tombstone; I'll get it posted. ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  

Edited by Babs, 06 April 2004 - 10:39 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#15    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 11:09 PM

I have very many 'orb' photos - they are all cases of dust and flash. I never realised that other people thought they were anything different until the last few years and to be brutally honest i'm not convinced in the slightest there is anything supernatural about them at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users