Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How would you feel about a human/ape hybrid ?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:12 AM

Agent Krycek on Jan 8 2009, 02:17 PM, said:

How would I feel? Sick. About the human race. Stop playing God. You are not Gods. You are children.

People throw the term "playing God" around a lot. This is not playing God, this is playing nature and if you'll look you'll see we've been doing it for thousands of years. Playing God is using medicine to extend our lives past the natural twenty five or so years.

glorybebe on Jan 8 2009, 04:08 PM, said:

Don't mess with nature, we developed the way we did for a reason.

And Chimpanzee's are not sapient for a reason too, because our most recent common ancestor split into two groups. How does it make you feel to know that Chimpanzee's came so close to being sentient and sapient but missed out just because they moved east instead of west?

IronWarrior on Jan 8 2009, 04:52 PM, said:

hasnt this story been posted before???

anyways hasnt someone tried that before???
and if they did do it what would be the point?
and he said they could also create a chimera.
so thats all hes doing is building monsters,just cause he can??
he might be an atheist, but i belive he sees himself as God.

(srry i put so many questions blush.gif )

He does not, he's just posing the question which is absolutely legitimate. Professor Richard Dawkins is not a mad scientist by any means.

glorybebe on Jan 8 2009, 05:00 PM, said:

That is natural, it happens out in the paddock, not in viles in the lab.

And Humans and Chimpanzee's are closer than Horses and Donkeys. Putting two animals in a paddock is not natural, and how do you know a cross between a human and a chimp has never occured in our two hundred thousand year history? Sure, you see a Liger or a Tigon in a zoo and you think it's awesome that is but you picture a humanzee and that's somehow more unnatural and therefore more wrong than crossing a tiger and a lion who are seperated by half a continent.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#32    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:29 AM

OH my here we go PLANET OF THE APES. Oh I forgot we already have Democrats.  rofl.gif

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pigeon hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

#33    primordial

primordial

Psychic Spy

• 1,695 posts

• I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring-- Richard Feynman, physicist, d. 1988

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:44 AM

I have been following this for sometime now and it is interesting topic.  
I think the big Q is why monkeys are immune to our diseases. What we are doing is triggering Evolution an lil faster...But yea, we need no more wars or selfish slaughtering.

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose...
And this is what they choose.

#34    IronWarrior

IronWarrior

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

• NO GODS OR KINGS. ONLY MAN-Andrew Ryan

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:11 AM

k first off:

1. primor your saying that if everyone where ape/human hybrids thered be no war???

2. Cradle of Fish, playing god and nature are pretty much the same things.
3.and i didnt call RD a mad scientist its just to me anyways that he seems alittle to high and might for himself.thats just my opinion

and the Biggest Question of them all is......

WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!?!??!?!??!?!

"Never Mind their raggedness, for you will never see the back of my Texans"-Rober E. Lee

#35    War Eagle

War Eagle

Esoteric Seeker

• 6,559 posts

• Reason deceives us - conscience never.

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:19 AM

Maybe we figured our evolution wrong. We're evolving alright, only back to front?

And man created ape in his own image...  rofl.gif laugh.gif  rofl.gif

linked-image

EVOLUTION-NOITULOVE

linked-image

''GRRRRRRRR!''
linked-image

linked-image

Edited by REBEL, 09 January 2009 - 07:20 AM.

#36    Copasetic

Copasetic

438579088 what am I?

• 4,238 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:55 AM

primordial on Jan 8 2009, 10:44 PM, said:

I have been following this for sometime now and it is interesting topic.  
I think the big Q is why monkeys are immune to our diseases. What we are doing is triggering Evolution an lil faster...But yea, we need no more wars or selfish slaughtering.

Monkeys, apes and other animals are immune to some of our diseases not all. Those they are immune too is normally due to differences of receptor mediated pathogenesis. Basically the "key" doesn't fit the "lock".

IronWarrior on Jan 9 2009, 01:11 AM, said:

k first off:

1. primor your saying that if everyone where ape/human hybrids thered be no war???

3.and i didnt call RD a mad scientist its just to me anyways that he seems alittle to high and might for himself.thats just my opinion

It would provide great insight into development, evolution and genetics.

#37    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,765 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:52 AM

The very Idea makes me uncomfortable
Thanks
B???

Posted Image

#38    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:56 AM

IronWarrior on Jan 9 2009, 06:11 AM, said:

If they're the same thing, then we as a species have been playing God for thousands of years. Whats the difference between breeding the best cattle we can and genetically modifying the best cattle we can? Just large amounts of time. If you're so afraid of playing God, then why would you use contraception, take medicine when you were ill, or look both ways before crossing the road?

Also, if you read the article you woulda seen that Richard Dawkins isn't actually suggesting it, he is just answering the question "what would change the world?" Well one of those four things would change the world forever.

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#39    Ichigo

Ichigo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

Some of you are watching too much movies for not wanting to see an experiment of this kind.

#40    Bearly

Bearly

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• And He who made kittens, put snakes in the grass, He's a lover of Life, but a player of pawns...

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

If someone had sex with a chimp and there was offspring from this act, that would revolt most normal people, and such an act is illegal (I think).  So why does performing this act in a test tube appeal to some people?

#41    Pelican_Eel

Pelican_Eel

Psychic Spy

• 1,175 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:00 AM

If someone had sex with a chimp and there was offspring from this act, that would revolt most normal people, and such an act is illegal (I think). So why does performing this act in a test tube appeal to some people?

Good point.
However, experiments with animals revolts me, genetic modification revolted me, cloning revolted me, all kinds of stuff - but they seem to be doing it anyway sad.gif
so... I think if they did it... we just needed time to get used to it...
one can get used to all kinds of sick stuff and take it as normal...

Who needs drugs when you have everything you need inside you?

#42    TAISET

TAISET

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:16 AM

Hatch on Jan 9 2009, 01:17 AM, said:

3. PETA, is what you meant, I'm sure. Violence of any kind is horrible. PETA is an organization that protects animals from things like this and other terrible experiments.

off topic: when i read that i laughed so hard  snice when does Peta protect/save animals oh right never

ontopic  im all for stem cell research as you know it could save a lot of people (and animals for that matter) lives but trying to create a hybrid of a chimp/human might be going a bit to far in my books

#43    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 18,408 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

While I don't know if this would be the right way to go about it, having another sentient species on the planet would do wonders for the overblown ego of Mankind.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#44    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:22 AM

A hybrid chimpanzee-human would be very useful--perhaps to bridge the gap humans have dug between themselves and their furry brothers. Chimpanzees are of equal sapience and intelligence to us: would a human-chimpanzee hybrid therefore be superior to both?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users