Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Denver Airport

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

Enigmatic Annasawzi on Jan 17 2009, 11:11 AM, said:

Your presumptions are all premature, at best, I don't assume as you do, the same conspiracy crapola tripe that comes from the Denver airport.

No...you just make a silly statement about the airport looking like a swastika...as if that has some kind of significance.
My assumption is that your statement...

Yea, yea other then the fact it's shaped like a Swastika, no no your right, the Holocaust was fake, and the Nazi's were good guys, they never went to war, that's all a lie, and the Swastika stands for rebirth, yea.

...implied some significance to an airport bearing a faint resemblance to a relatively universal symbol meaning many, many things.
And obviously, you think it's significant in respect to the fact that the swastika was chosen as the Nazi symbol some 90 years past, and that there must be some Nazi significance in KDEN's layout.

Otherwise...why would you bother saying it?

And of course, your syntax says that you think that I think that the Holocaust was fake, and the Nazi's were good guys, and that they never went to war, and all that nonsense...all because I merely explain KDEN's layout in pragmatic terms.

And as such---you expect what???

I personally don't really care, but when someone decides to flame me into a conversation I wished not be apart of, and only stating something pertaining to someone else's post. Will you called me out, and now it's time to take off the gloves, on presumption, which seems to rue the day here at UM.

If you really didn't care, then perhaps it would've been wiser not to post such an outlandishly silly statement and then expect that someone wouldn't call you on it.

I think you don't understand what "flaming" is.  
There's a difference between deliberately attempting to goad someone into an argument, or issuing personal attacks, or in baiting someone into a battle... and pointing out nonsense.

I did the latter.

#17    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

ShadowSot on Jan 17 2009, 03:46 PM, said:

linked-image
it looks like a airport to me.
Actually... if you roate it a bit, it looks like a guy with a really long hat brim.

Hey!

That diagram is missing a runway....

There's another one to the left of the one at the top left ...34L/16R....that's the 16,000 foot + runway!

But you're right, it looks like a really, really big airport, designed for what it does---which is to handle 1,700 aircraft operations (takeoffs and landings combined) per day, every day.

#18    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,063 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

MID on Jan 17 2009, 09:47 PM, said:

Hey!

There's another one to the left of the one at the top left ...34L/16R....that's the 16,000 foot + runway!

See? proof that it's a conspiracy. It actually retracts into the ground, like on Thunderbirds, and only comes out when it's needed for the NWO's private A380 (which needs a very long  runway because the NWO are fond of a good meal, you know.) It's camouflaged by a drive-thru KFC (the biggest one in the world, coincidentally 16,000 feet long) when not in use.

This is a fact.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#19    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

MID on Jan 17 2009, 04:47 PM, said:

Hey!

But you're right, it looks like a really, really big airport, designed for what it does---which is to handle 1,700 aircraft operations (takeoffs and landings combined) per day, every day.

Ah, this must be a older image then. I'll see if I can get a updated version.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#20    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

747400 on Jan 17 2009, 04:54 PM, said:

See? proof that it's a conspiracy. It actually retracts into the ground, like on Thunderbirds, and only comes out when it's needed for the NWO's private A380 (which needs a very long  runway because the NWO are fond of a good meal, you know.) It's camouflaged by a drive-thru KFC (the biggest one in the world, coincidentally 16,000 feet long) when not in use.

This is a fact.

Shhh....

We're thinking of moving our base of NWO operations, and our A380, to a coastal airport, near sea level.  We need 12,000 feet to get that thing off the ground up there in Denver...fully loaded with food, that is.  We could do it in 9,000 feet around sea level...

Besides,  a 16,000 foot long KFC is costing way too much money to maintain!

rofl.gif

#21    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,233 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:48 AM

Could you imagine having an airport in the shape of a pentagram  ohmy.gif   Mayhem I tell you  wink2.gif  Although an airport in the shape of a cross would work to hmmm.

The design of the airport is to maximize land use and runway space. The design mentioned as being devious is actually the most efficient design to handle traffic.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#22    el midgetron

el midgetron

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

• saturnalian brother

Posted 18 January 2009 - 04:59 AM

The Silver Thong on Jan 18 2009, 03:48 AM, said:

Could you imagine having an airport in the shape of a pentagram ohmy.gif Mayhem I tell you wink2.gif Although an airport in the shape of a cross would work to hmmm.

Actually, I think an airport in the shape of a pentagram would work quite nicely. Most big airports are the result of years of ill planned addtions. The only problem I see with a pentagram shaped airport is there would be no good place to put the parking lot laugh.gif

Posted Image

"Feels good to be breaking the laws in America again" - Kenny Powers

#23    SystemOfADown

SystemOfADown

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 169 posts

• ^_^

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:21 AM

I remember doing loads of research on Denver Airport since i came across some pics of those weird murals. There's alsorts of tales and ideas about it from NWO operations, underground bases, alien activity etc. Pretty interesting reading.

'dance with the dead in my dreams...'

#24    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:01 PM

The Silver Thong on Jan 17 2009, 09:48 PM, said:

Could you imagine having an airport in the shape of a pentagram  ohmy.gif   Mayhem I tell you  wink2.gif  Although an airport in the shape of a cross would work to hmmm.

The design of the airport is to maximize land use and runway space. The design mentioned as being devious is actually the most efficient design to handle traffic.

Agreed, a pentagram shaped airport would be mayhem, and a dangerously confusing issue, especially in low weather conditions.  
You have no parallels there, and each 5 pairs of runways have origins at the same spot...yet different headings!

eg.  if one of the runways is 36, runway 04 or 32 will originate in the same place.   Uh uh...no way.

Each runway is almost 40 degrees divergent from the other.  You have 10 runways all in different directions, and that's not very economical for high volume traffic, safety considerations aside (that's why parallel runways are so prevalent in large airports.  Parallels are oriented toward the prevailing wind directions at any given place, and in places like Denver, you can have 4 aircraft moving at the same time, which is pretty nice when you're moving one aircraft in less that a minute, all day, every day.

A pentagram also has five intersections of runways....ground controllers at such an airport would be on blood pressure medication in their 30s (let alone the approach, tower,  and departure controllers)!

Denver is a fantastic layout for ATC and pilots, and thereby, traffic safety and efficiency of operations.   A pentagram would be somewhat insane from that perspective.

#25    Enigmatic Annasawzi

Enigmatic Annasawzi

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

• Frank Herbert, who, oh him the guy who tried showing our sameness through fiction, he's dead, does it matter?

Posted 19 January 2009 - 09:46 AM

MID on Jan 17 2009, 12:40 PM, said:

No...you just make a silly statement about the airport looking like a swastika...as if that has some kind of significance.
My assumption is that your statement...

...implied some significance to an airport bearing a faint resemblance to a relatively universal symbol meaning many, many things.
And obviously, you think it's significant in respect to the fact that the swastika was chosen as the Nazi symbol some 90 years past, and that there must be some Nazi significance in KDEN's layout.

Otherwise...why would you bother saying it?

And of course, your syntax says that you think that I think that the Holocaust was fake, and the Nazi's were good guys, and that they never went to war, and all that nonsense...all because I merely explain KDEN's layout in pragmatic terms.

And as such---you expect what???

If you really didn't care, then perhaps it would've been wiser not to post such an outlandishly silly statement and then expect that someone wouldn't call you on it.

I think you don't understand what "flaming" is.  
There's a difference between deliberately attempting to goad someone into an argument, or issuing personal attacks, or in baiting someone into a battle... and pointing out nonsense.

I did the latter.

No your statement, was a personal assualt, and you made all purpose attacks, with your syntax. I made only a flagrant, non biased, yet silly assumption, that laid grounds for conservitism, I don't delve into the whole conspiracy nonsense, you all discuss, I only stated to that fact of your post. And to personally denote my own writing within itself is a oh never mind, what's the point with someone who's so will versed, and possibly even smarter then I. I'll lament from this argument, it's neither fruitful, nor, flamboyant to a victory, I'd expect less from you.

EA

"There are times when the end justifies the means. But when you build an argument based on a whole series of such times, you may find that you've constructed an entire philosophy of evil."
―Luke Skywalke

#26    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:24 AM

Enigmatic Annasawzi on Jan 19 2009, 04:46 AM, said:

No your statement, was a personal assualt, and you made all purpose attacks, with your syntax. I made only a flagrant, non biased, yet silly assumption, that laid grounds for conservitism,

Allow me to remind you of something:

Your initial statement:

Yea, yea other then the fact it's shaped like a Swastika, no no your right, the Holocaust was fake, and the Nazi's were good guys, they never went to war, that's all a lie, and the Swastika stands for rebirth, yea.

Now, you don't see me sitting here telling you that this statement is personal attack, do you?
Despite the fact that it is implying that my discussion of the Denver airport layout, which is in fact completely true, implied that YOU think that I adhere to all those idiotic things you stated.

You'll have to remind me once again what your point in posting that was...

And I committed personal assaults on you?

Was it this...?

Give it a rest with the swastika crap, will ya?

Where's the attack?

...or this?

Of course, people like you would look at a diagram of KDFWs layout and immediately associate with the SS symbol, I'm sure...

Merely a logical extension based upon your nonsensical implication of a swastika being used...for some what?...clandestine symbolism in KDEN's layout?

Or maybe you see a personal assault in this?

One day, if I'm ever really interested, I may ask you to explain how such an irrelevant, and frankly somewhat nutty statement was formulated...

I don't think so, since you just got done telling me "I made only a flagrant, non biased, yet silly assumption,"
which of course is true...at least as pertains to the flagrant, silly part.    Thus, you appear to agree with me.

Now, I'm totally confused as to your purpose here.

Either you want to imply that KDEN's layout, being loosely arranged in the form of a swastika, is significant, and that I believe the Holocaust was fake, and that ther Nazi's were good guys...

Or...you're just screwing around here.  

You said:
I don't delve into the whole conspiracy nonsense, you all discuss...

Uh, neither do most of us...especially me.  You may have noticed that I am explaining Denver's airport layout for what it is, not in relation to some nonsensical idea...

And then you say:

I only stated to that fact of your post.

What fact of my post...?

Here are the facts of my post:

The swastika is a 10,000 years old, roughly, which has been used by many countries, all over the world for all sorts of symbolic purposes from good luck, welfare, victory, prosperity, and a variety of religious symbolism involving Hindu, Jainist, and Buddhist religious tradition.

It is currently used as a symbol associated with the Finnish Air Force...and was used as a religious symbol in the United States, as well as the symbol of the U.S. Army's 45th Infantry Division until 1930...

And of course, it was selected as the symbol of Nazi Germany in 1920, which is why it is somewhat out-of-favor in most western circles anymore.

A swastika is a symetrical icosagon...KDEN's layout is not (I'm sure the subtly here will escape you...). KDEN is merely an exceedingly efficient and safe airport layout from a pilot and air traffic controllers perspective, designed to maximize movements, maintain separation, and adapt to contingencies quickly. No intersecting runways...traffic capacity all over the place, state of the art control tower and nav facilities, etc...

Frankly, there is no better runway layout design for a heavy use airport than Denver's.

Want to attempt to tell me how your statement "no no your right, the Holocaust was fake, and the Nazi's were good guys, they never went to war, that's all a lie, and the Swastika stands for rebirth, yea," has anything to do with the facts of my post?

Something tells me you're jumping in over your head here...

Maybe starting over would be a good idea?

#27    Enigmatic Annasawzi

Enigmatic Annasawzi

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

• Frank Herbert, who, oh him the guy who tried showing our sameness through fiction, he's dead, does it matter?

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:10 PM

MID on Jan 19 2009, 05:24 PM, said:

Allow me to remind you of something:

Your initial statement:

Now, you don't see me sitting here telling you that this statement is personal attack, do you?
Despite the fact that it is implying that my discussion of the Denver airport layout, which is in fact completely true, implied that YOU think that I adhere to all those idiotic things you stated.

You'll have to remind me once again what your point in posting that was...

And I committed personal assaults on you?

Was it this...?

Where's the attack?

...or this?

Merely a logical extension based upon your nonsensical implication of a swastika being used...for some what?...clandestine symbolism in KDEN's layout?

Or maybe you see a personal assault in this?

I don't think so, since you just got done telling me "I made only a flagrant, non biased, yet silly assumption,"
which of course is true...at least as pertains to the flagrant, silly part.    Thus, you appear to agree with me.

Now, I'm totally confused as to your purpose here.

Either you want to imply that KDEN's layout, being loosely arranged in the form of a swastika, is significant, and that I believe the Holocaust was fake, and that ther Nazi's were good guys...

Or...you're just screwing around here.  

You said:

Uh, neither do most of us...especially me.  You may have noticed that I am explaining Denver's airport layout for what it is, not in relation to some nonsensical idea...

And then you say:

What fact of my post...?

Here are the facts of my post:

Want to attempt to tell me how your statement "no no your right, the Holocaust was fake, and the Nazi's were good guys, they never went to war, that's all a lie, and the Swastika stands for rebirth, yea," has anything to do with the facts of my post?

Something tells me you're jumping in over your head here...

Maybe starting over would be a good idea?

Will lets see, for the first part of your statement, giving the Swastika, a ten thousand year old marker, is wrong, but may not be, I don't want to get into an argument, I know some other's on here, can fight better then I, even though that, ancient technobable, is just flagrantly short-sighted.

Plus the picture you paint for it's defense, even though beautiful, and full of history, is still doesn't account for it's use, in the last century, which I would, and if you can tell, if you can read good, was what it's purpose was during, the last century. Which was both Holistic, and repetitive, it didn't stand for rebirth in the last century, and last I checked, had a hand in standing for a predice society , bent on hating the Black Man, and Jew(even though Jews got it more then most).

And don't say it didn't, I guess you never saw pictoral of the KKK, man not mentioning the negative, for the symbols presented, is just stupid, giving only goody historical idealogies, and blatantly overlooking what has been caused in name of, is ignorant.

EA

"There are times when the end justifies the means. But when you build an argument based on a whole series of such times, you may find that you've constructed an entire philosophy of evil."
―Luke Skywalke

#28    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:40 PM

I see you fail to address my questions, or take my advice.

Enigmatic Annasawzi on Jan 20 2009, 10:10 AM, said:

Will lets see, for the first part of your statement, giving the Swastika, a ten thousand year old marker, is wrong, but may not be...

I think that statement says it all, without me having to point out the contradiction...maybe?

... even though that, ancient technobable, is just flagrantly short-sighted.

The statement begs a translation...(it's "techno-babble").

Plus the picture you paint for it's defense, even though beautiful, and full of history, is still doesn't account for it's use, in the last century, which I would, and if you can tell, if you can read good, was what it's purpose was during, the last century. Which was both Holistic, and repetitive, it didn't stand for rebirth in the last century, and last I checked, had a hand in standing for a predice society , bent on hating the Black Man, and Jew(even though Jews got it more then most).

Oh, you mean this:

And of course, it was selected as the symbol of Nazi Germany in 1920, which is why it is somewhat out-of-favor in most western circles anymore.

...if I can read good?  

And don't say it didn't, I guess you never saw pictoral of the KKK, man not mentioning the negative, for the symbols presented, is just stupid, giving only goody historical idealogies, and blatantly overlooking what has been caused in name of, is ignorant.

What has become obviously ignorant is your position here.
You are arguing nothing, have decided to match wits with me...over something I'm sure no one can put their finger on precisely, and you abjectly fail to address my questions to you.

You also don't understand what has been clearly said to you.

I told you you were in over your heads.  You're making that obvious.

I clearly stated that the swastika was (and is) a symbol of Naziism...among the many other things it has and does symbolize.  You also clearly implied in your initial statement that THAT was your emphasis, and you blantantly indicated in your self-admitted stupid statement that Denver airport was laid out in the form of a swastika with some clandestine, Nazi-oriented intent.

That too, as was pointed out to you, was nonsensical, as ther airport runway layout at DEN is common-sense , and well-thought out engineering from an aviation perspective.

What were you arguing again?

...rhetorical question.   Do yourself a favor and let it go.

#29    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:32 AM

here, what do YOU think?

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#30    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,063 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:42 AM

unit on Jan 27 2009, 07:32 AM, said:

ye gods, some people have way too much inagination, that's what I think. What on earth is that supposed to mean?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users