Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

TAPS and the Whaley House in San Diego


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1    naslrogues

naslrogues

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined:29 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

I was recently watching a re-run of the TAPS episode from San Diego and thought of the Whaley House.  Since it is supposed to be the "most haunted" house in America, it would have been a great investigation for TAPS.  Sadly it was not investigated.  To me the Whaley House seems to rival the Queen Mary and the Winchester Mystery House.  All this talk about being so incredibly haunted yet when a team like TAPS goes in, very little happens in the paranormal realm.  Could this be why TAPS has not been invited to investigate the Whaley House?  Did they see the "Queen Mary" episode.  I know that paranormal activity does not happen on cue but since more serious minded paranormal investigative groups like TAPS have shown up, many of these "most haunted house, hotel, ship, barn, bathroom, etc. in America may be playing down their notariety to keep their reputation in tact.  Just a few thoughts I wanted to share.


#2    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

    Wizard

  • Member
  • 5,987 posts
  • Joined:20 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:KY

  • Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

LAWL double post.

Edited by Ebonykrow, 14 January 2009 - 05:41 PM.


#3    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

    Wizard

  • Member
  • 5,987 posts
  • Joined:20 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:KY

  • Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

To be perfectly honest, I don't think a lot of the Whaley house--especially not about it being the "most haunted" area in America.


It's also possible that TAPS wasn't invited to investigate the Whaley house... You can't just barge in some place these days and be all, "omg can i investigate your locationssss?"


#4    Dakotabre

Dakotabre

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Joined:02 Feb 2006
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Sydney

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

I think there is too many possibilities for this question to be answered. Everyone can only assume why TAPS have not investigated Whaley House. There are literally hundreds of houses/locations that are said to be the 'most haunted' in America, so I don't really think there is any real conspiracy or heavy reason why TAPS have not been there...yet, that we know of!

Maybe TAPS don't want to go there.
Maybe they haven't been asked.
Maybe they have been there, but the show hasn't aired yet.
Maybe they have been there, but it was so uneventful they aren't showing the episode.
Maybe they have been asked, but just haven't had the time to go yet.

It could be anybodies guess!



#5    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

    Wizard

  • Member
  • 5,987 posts
  • Joined:20 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:KY

  • Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:09 PM

Dakotabre on Jan 14 2009, 04:58 PM, said:

Maybe TAPS don't want to go there.
Maybe they haven't been asked.
Maybe they have been there, but the show hasn't aired yet.
Maybe they have been there, but it was so uneventful they aren't showing the episode.
Maybe they have been asked, but just haven't had the time to go yet.

It could be anybodies guess!


Good points. thumbsup.gif I definitely didn't think of that many possibilities. xD


#6    Undeadskeptic

Undeadskeptic

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,628 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Aotearoa

  • What happened to the American dream? It came true, you're lookin' at it.

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:50 PM

Ebonykrow on Jan 15 2009, 11:09 AM, said:

Good points. thumbsup.gif I definitely didn't think of that many possibilities. xD


Haha, I think any of those are a lot more liekly than a conspiracy against TAPS laugh.gif


Jesus, I was evil

#7    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

    Wizard

  • Member
  • 5,987 posts
  • Joined:20 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:KY

  • Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:33 AM

Undeadskeptic on Jan 14 2009, 06:50 PM, said:

Haha, I think any of those are a lot more liekly than a conspiracy against TAPS laugh.gif


Who would want that? D:


#8    naslrogues

naslrogues

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined:29 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

UMMM, I never said anything about a conspiracy against TAPS.  My thought was that it would be in the Whaley House's best interest to stay away from debunking type investigations.  Why does everything always have to be a conspiracy?


#9    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

    Wizard

  • Member
  • 5,987 posts
  • Joined:20 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:KY

  • Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:16 AM

naslrogues on Jan 14 2009, 10:00 PM, said:

UMMM, I never said anything about a conspiracy against TAPS.  My thought was that it would be in the Whaley House's best interest to stay away from debunking type investigations.  Why does everything always have to be a conspiracy?


I think it was a joke. x)

But why should the Whaley house stay away from those that should try to debunk them?


#10    naslrogues

naslrogues

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined:29 Apr 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:30 AM

Ebonykrow on Jan 14 2009, 09:16 PM, said:

I think it was a joke. x)

But why should the Whaley house stay away from those that should try to debunk them?


Tourists = $$$$$$$$$$$$


#11    Aanica

Aanica

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,299 posts
  • Joined:16 Apr 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:33 AM

naslrogues on Jan 14 2009, 12:28 PM, said:

I was recently watching a re-run of the TAPS episode from San Diego and thought of the Whaley House.  Since it is supposed to be the "most haunted" house in America, it would have been a great investigation for TAPS.  Sadly it was not investigated.  To me the Whaley House seems to rival the Queen Mary and the Winchester Mystery House.  All this talk about being so incredibly haunted yet when a team like TAPS goes in, very little happens in the paranormal realm.  Could this be why TAPS has not been invited to investigate the Whaley House?  Did they see the "Queen Mary" episode.  I know that paranormal activity does not happen on cue but since more serious minded paranormal investigative groups like TAPS have shown up, many of these "most haunted house, hotel, ship, barn, bathroom, etc. in America may be playing down their notoriety to keep their reputation in tact.  Just a few thoughts I wanted to share.
You have a good point, The investigation might not provide something on that night and if aired as nothing found on that night, the income could be adversely affected, actually a sound business decision on the Whaley House's part, if that is indeed the choice they made. Good Post... thumbsup.gif


#12    Lady Chardonnay

Lady Chardonnay

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined:14 Jan 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:USA

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:47 AM

Ebonykrow on Jan 14 2009, 12:41 PM, said:

To be perfectly honest, I don't think a lot of the Whaley house--especially not about it being the "most haunted" area in America.


It's also possible that TAPS wasn't invited to investigate the Whaley house... You can't just barge in some place these days and be all, "omg can i investigate your locationssss?"



Maybe TAPS hasn't been invited to the Whaley House because TAPS reputation is going in the crapper?  C'mon....a couple Roto-Rooter dudes investigating hauntings?  I'm still wondering how they got a reputation and TV show.  Guess the TV networks are getting desperate for entertainment.  TAPS are entertaining though.....kinda like the Blair Witch Project....smiles.

I really don't know anything about the Whaley house....but an interesting TV show could be about how the least qualified paranormal investigators investigate the least haunted house.  Just a thought.  Sadly, people would watch the show.

Lady Chardonnay


#13    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

    Wizard

  • Member
  • 5,987 posts
  • Joined:20 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:KY

  • Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:48 AM

naslrogues on Jan 14 2009, 10:30 PM, said:

Tourists = $$$$$$$$$$$$


Just the fact it's on TV will still bring people in, even if they find it to not be haunted. Since TAPS investigated Waverly (they found nothing on the live investigation, and one tiny thermal hit their first go around), people have come from all over just to see it and be apart of it--because TAPS was there. No one really cares if it's haunted, when you get down to it, you want to be where the action is, you want to see what all of the fuss is about. And to be perfectly honest, if I lived in the area and TAPS investigated the Whaley house, I'd go regardless. I live three hours away from Waverly, but I went anyway. That was about three-four? years ago (can't remember at all, but it was like just a month or so after TAPS aired their first Waverly investigation), when I first went. There was hardly twenty people there, I go again for an eight hour tour (where they have restrictions of no more than ten people) and they were forced to up numbers to around thirty for an eight hour. The two hour tours are booked continuously, you're lucky to get in at all. JUST because it was on TV, not because they found anything (in comparison to their findings at other locations--St. Augustine for example--they pretty much found nothing at Waverly).

And that's my 2c.

Edit: I've also heard about a restaurant that TAPS investigated, but didn't find anything. The owners contacted them a few months later saying business was booming, all because TAPS had been involved some how. I think, regardless of what TAPS would find at the Whaley house, seriously, people would still come from all corners of the globe to see.

Edited by Ebonykrow, 15 January 2009 - 04:00 AM.


#14    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

    Wizard

  • Member
  • 5,987 posts
  • Joined:20 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:KY

  • Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:51 AM

Lady Chardonnay on Jan 14 2009, 10:47 PM, said:

Maybe TAPS hasn't been invited to the Whaley House because TAPS reputation is going in the crapper?  C'mon....a couple Roto-Rooter dudes investigating hauntings?  I'm still wondering how they got a reputation and TV show.  Guess the TV networks are getting desperate for entertainment.


SciFi, probably desperate. But they had a very good reputation in the field LONG before SciFi came around, and were in fact pretty popular and highly respected. They've been investigating since 1990-91--that's one hell of a long time to be ghost hunting, if you ask me.


#15    Abecrombie

Abecrombie

    I kid ,... Hey Vincent Price smoke a cigar !

  • Member
  • 2,396 posts
  • Joined:01 Oct 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Planet Maiden

  • " Barky Von Snauzer ! ,..Barky Von Snauzer !
    Barky Von ....For ..Me ..To ..PooP ..On ! "

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:36 AM

I know this has nothing to do with taps but,... I'm a Whaley, and supposingly the Whaley house is part of my family heritage.
Its not very often you even hear that last name huh? Just wanted to share. teehee.

Posted ImageZombiedog




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users