Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Air Force Plans New Weapons

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:54 PM

UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
FUTURE WEAPONS PROPOSALS
AIR FORCE 2025 STUDY

1.1  Hypersonic Attack Aircraft A high-speed strike vehicle capable of projecting lethal force anywhere in the world in less than four hours. Operating at Mach 12 and a cruise altitude of 100,000 ft, this vehicle is a reusable two-stage system comprised of an unmanned boost vehicle and a manned hypersonic strike aircraft. The gas turbine-engined boost vehicle requires a conventional runway and accelerates the strike vehicle to Mach 3.5 and 65,000 ft. The strike vehicle then separates and uses a ramjet/scramjet engine to reach its cruise condition. The total system range is 10,000 nautical miles (NM); the hypersonic strike vehicle has an unrefueled range of 5,000 NM. It is capable of launching precision-guided munitions, including the hypersonic air-to-ground missile described in system 5.4, at a standoff distance of 1,450 NM. Alternatively, the platform may be used to transport an uninhabited unmanned air vehicle described in system 4.2.  

1.2  FotoFighter A highly maneuverable, stealthy, inhabited advanced fighter aircraft whose skin is fitted with an array of diode lasers and sensors. Efficient electronic control of the laser arrays allows this fighter to engage multiple targets simultaneously with varying degrees of lethality. At low powers, the arrays can function as transmitters and receivers for low probability of interception (LPI) communications. Threat detection, target illumination, and tracking are also possible.  

Full Article

Some interesting stuff...seems a bit far out to me, anyone else got an opinion on this ??   whistling2.gif

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

#2    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:27 PM

As continues to be the case, wars are won on the ground, with squaddies and grunts, not by aircraft.  

USAF's reach is already global, and I think that looking for faster forms of delivery is barking up the wrong tree.  As for talk of lethal super-accurate munitions, etc, etc, we've heard this all before.  It's very sexy on paper, but in the fog of war, it still goes wrong, and ends up flattening an orphanage.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#3    Gazz

Gazz

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

• "Love like this, least
    once before we die"

Posted 07 April 2004 - 11:43 PM

In my opinion they should not be wasting
time and money on using this technology
in military applications.

They should be using this technology to
build the next gen. space shuttle.

Of course this is my opinion. and we all
have one!

Gazz

#4    fearfulone

fearfulone

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

• Believe no one that believes you...Trust no one that trusts you...and for your own sake...don't listen to a word i say

Posted 08 April 2004 - 12:29 AM

QUOTE (Gazz @ Apr 7 2004, 05:43 PM)
In my opinion they should not be wasting
time and money on using this technology
in military applications.

They should be using this technology to
build the next gen. space shuttle.

Of course this is my opinion. and we all
have one!

Gazz

I agree...go out as far into space as possible with this kinda technology...find some greenies!   alien.gif  thumbsup.gif  

Trust no one that trusts you!

"you will need at least two more of the male variety to even pose a threat to us women... remember ... we can think with both the right and left sides of our brain!"
-nxt2hvn

CONSPIRACY I SAY!! CONSPIRACY!

"It's not the bad things that happen to you your upset about, it's the good things that happen to other people that piss you off."
-Robert Udall in 'As Good As It Gets'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users