Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Brain Cell Looks Like Universe

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:57 AM

We are microcosms of the Universe. There is no ending no matter how far out or in you go. Things will just keep getting bigger or smaller. I guess God's way of saying that no matter how small or big you are there is always something smaller and bigger so quit trying so hard and just be.

As above; so below.

Edited by Rosewin, 18 January 2009 - 06:57 AM.

#17    Godsnmbr1

Godsnmbr1

The Bee's Knees

• 2,317 posts

• There's someone in my head
    but it's not me

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

DONTEATUS on Jan 18 2009, 04:07 AM, said:

We have all the time in the Universe to think about it! .Remember we invented time,and the jury is still out on if its anything to get worried about.

I love this quote man, it's my new signature.  I don't care what you have to say about it.

Remember, we are all just acting out a grand old game here, where we agree to forget who we really are, that in the remembering, that we may find each other again, and know that we are One. That All of Life, is One.

#18    Pandora7321

Pandora7321

Perpetual Late Bloomer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

• Let none of this earth inherit this vision of my spirit.

-Edgar Allan Poe

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:19 PM

Oriana on Jan 16 2009, 01:23 PM, said:

In that case the brain that our universe belongs to is so big its inconcieveable....  we must be tiny characters in its thought process when it creates daydreams and stories... hmmmm.

Kevin7557 on Jan 16 2009, 06:06 PM, said:

I would like to point out the fundamental differences in the way the look. One the Brain cell is connected the universe is only connected by gas clouds. Second that is just one snapshot of the KNOWN universe, the universe is much bigger. Third the brain is like a web and the universe looks like and explosion.

That is just a snapshot of part of the universe. I bet if I look hard enough I can find a part that looks like a clown face. Couicidence. Also nature finds good designs and repeats them so it might just be a nature thing.

Both of you point out how large the universe really is. Kevin7557, I am aware that it's just part of the known universe. Obviously that's not a photo of all existence. But, in agreement with Oriana, my thinking on it was like hers. That if our reality is just ONE brain cell (universe) in an inconceivably large brain, how tiny we must really be. You're statement that it's just the known universe is correct. Think of all those other universes as just other brain cells. Like I say, depending on what you believe you could view this in different ways. What about life in those other universes/brain cells? Humans are incredibly arrogant. After all we used to think that since God made us that we were so special that we were the center of that universe. Nowhere in the bible does it say he only made us. But, I respect everyone's differing opinions. They are very thought provoking.

Thanks to everyone for their responses!

Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?
- Tool, Stinkfist

#19    DisManibus

DisManibus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 06:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La52uQzmXCw...feature=related

#20    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:34 PM

DisManibus on Jan 18 2009, 06:56 PM, said:

THE BEST INTRO TO A CARTOON EVER!!!

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

#21    Kevin7557

Kevin7557

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• This is just a shell. Even if you were to strike it down another would rise in its place. I am infinite! QAI

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:08 AM

dr alien on Jan 16 2009, 05:22 PM, said:

do you think its a coincidence ?

Everything is a coincidence until the patterns form. KSB II. original.gif.
Just a little saying I made up.
Pandora: I don't believe that we are at the center of the universe (actually there are some really good universe jokes in Penumbra Requim) I know it is an old reference but still I keep my arogance in check. But I am also a realist and our universe isn't a brain cell. The next one over is. We are a virus in the brain  rofl.gif god everyone knows that. JK. But seriously I have this theory (hypothosis for you technical people) that at the end of the universe is a larger universe which I have named the galativerse. Like galaxies are to universe, universes are to galativerse. It was quite a good Hypothosis I made. I stated that the universe can't expand into nothing thus by default there is the galativerse. BUt that is just my hypothosis.

Be good or the Boogeyman will come and get you and punish you for your sins.

Posted Image
Deus est vigilo vos. Nos es vigilo deus.
That Jesus Christ guy is getting some terrible lag... it took him 3 days to respawn!

#22    Kevin7557

Kevin7557

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• This is just a shell. Even if you were to strike it down another would rise in its place. I am infinite! QAI

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:10 AM

dr alien on Jan 19 2009, 03:34 PM, said:

THE BEST INTRO TO A CARTOON EVER!!!

No this is.
Youtube clip

Be good or the Boogeyman will come and get you and punish you for your sins.

Posted Image
Deus est vigilo vos. Nos es vigilo deus.
That Jesus Christ guy is getting some terrible lag... it took him 3 days to respawn!

#23    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 03:55 AM

Godsnmbr1 on Jan 18 2009, 02:34 AM, said:

I love this quote man, it's my new signature.  I don't care what you have to say about it.
    Your welcom to use but also too A mind set free of time is a Mind unlimited!

This is a Work in Progress!

#24    Pandora7321

Pandora7321

Perpetual Late Bloomer

• 2,020 posts

• Let none of this earth inherit this vision of my spirit.

-Edgar Allan Poe

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:01 PM

Kevin7557 on Jan 19 2009, 09:08 PM, said:

Everything is a coincidence until the patterns form. KSB II. original.gif.
    Just a little saying I made up.
    Pandora: I don't believe that we are at the center of the universe (actually there are some really good universe jokes in Penumbra Requim) I know it is an old reference but still I keep my arogance in check. But I am also a realist and our universe isn't a brain cell. The next one over is. We are a virus in the brain  rofl.gif god everyone knows that. JK. But seriously I have this theory (hypothosis for you technical people) that at the end of the universe is a larger universe which I have named the galativerse. Like galaxies are to universe, universes are to galativerse. It was quite a good Hypothosis I made. I stated that the universe can't expand into nothing thus by default there is the galativerse. BUt that is just my hypothosis.

Hey, I like your sense of humor, lol. Thanks for sharing your thoughts/theories/hypothosis. I'm not convinced the universe is a brain cell either, but it is fun to sit and stew in all the "what ifs". I'll think awhile on your "what ifs" now.  thumbsup.gif

Something kinda sad about
    the way that things have come to be.
    Desensitized to everything.
    What became of subtlety?
    - Tool, Stinkfist

#25    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 09:40 PM

Kevin7557 on Jan 20 2009, 02:10 AM, said:

No this is.
    Youtube clip

that was cheesey and rubbish!  disgust.gif

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

#26    Mr Supertypo

Mr Supertypo

Hi...

• 1,878 posts

• I'll be back....

Posted 02 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

hmm pantheism?

Finally got my black belt....

#27    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,086 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:25 AM

Pandora7321 on Jan 16 2009, 04:43 PM, said:

What if our universe looks like a brain cell because IT IS A BRAIN CELL?

The similarities are only superficial, and even saying that is a stretch as they only appear similar on the scale shown. Increase the magnification of each and you'll be left with two entirely different pictures detailing two entirely different structures that operate entirely differently from one another.

It's an interesting find, but no more meaningful than the fact that a drop of water and a planet will both naturally assume a spherical shape due to different forces which are at play. There's only one reason why you don't find people claiming drops of water to be entire planets, and that's because they're both on scales more familiar to us, ones which are easier to understand. But someone takes a picture of something incredibly small and something incredibly large, two things difficult to grasp, and people make unfounded leaps and bounds just to try to piece the two together.

Edited by Raptor, 02 February 2009 - 08:43 PM.

#28    chemical-licker

chemical-licker

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
    • 9,647 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

maa2007 on Jan 16 2009, 06:00 PM, said:

but does that mean that their is a universe in every cell of our brain ?

is this why i stare into space alot.  is'nt the brain just a computer and all the cells together make up our reality, whos programing the outside world?

#29    Torgo

Torgo

Psychic Spy

• 1,239 posts

• I aM tOrGo... I tAkE cArE oF tHe PlAcE wHiLe ThE mAsTeR iS aWaY...

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

Raptor on Feb 2 2009, 06:25 AM, said:

The similarities are only superficial, and even saying that is a stretch as they only appear similar on the scale shown. Increase the magnification of each and you'll be left with two entirely different pictures detailing two entirely different structures that operate entirely differently from one another.

It's an interesting find, but no more meaningful than the fact that a drop of water and a planet will both naturally assume a spherical shape due to different forces which are at play. There's only reason why you don't find people claiming drops of water to be entire planets, and that's because they're both on scales more familiar to us, ones which are easier to understand. But someone takes a picture of something incredibly small and something incredibly large, two things difficult to grasp, and people make unfounded leaps and bounds just to try to piece the two together.

Couldn't have said it better myself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users