Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Would Obama still be president....

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#1    Godsnmbr1

Godsnmbr1

The Bee's Knees

• 2,317 posts

• There's someone in my head
    but it's not me

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

I doubt it.  People wanted to feel good about themselves, which is why we all gave Obama the benefit of the doubt at first.  Like some sort of nationwide self-delusion.  I don't think a white candidate would have made it through the scrutiny of our cynicism.

Remember, we are all just acting out a grand old game here, where we agree to forget who we really are, that in the remembering, that we may find each other again, and know that we are One. That All of Life, is One.

#2    Godsnmbr1

Godsnmbr1

The Bee's Knees

• 2,317 posts

but it's not me

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

And yes, this is just the perspective of a white American.  Obama's support within the black community would obviously be a different matter.

Remember, we are all just acting out a grand old game here, where we agree to forget who we really are, that in the remembering, that we may find each other again, and know that we are One. That All of Life, is One.

#3    faraway

faraway

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

I don't think he won because he was black. I think he won because people didn't want the spawn of satan as VP

#4    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,093 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:11 PM

I disagree.  I voted as much against McCain as I did for Obama.

#5    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,357 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

-regardless how or why Obama won,  the honeymoon will be relatively short once the voters wake up to the fact that America's future

will be in the hands of International Bankers poised as the solution to total financial collapse...

Obama has stated over and over choices will not be popular...

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#6    Godsnmbr1

Godsnmbr1

The Bee's Knees

• 2,317 posts

but it's not me

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

Ok, ignore the presidential election.  Obviously Obama was going to win against McCain and Palin.  What about Hillary though?  He would have never even made it past the primaries.

#7    Bez

Bez

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

• Terrorists have feelings too!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:17 PM

Godsnmbr1 on Jan 22 2009, 01:09 PM, said:

I doubt it.  People wanted to feel good about themselves, which is why we all gave Obama the benefit of the doubt at first. Like some sort of nationwide self-delusion.  I don't think a white candidate would have made it through the scrutiny of our cynicism.

I agree with the underlined portion.  My own mother calls me racist when I try to explain the reasons I didn't vote for him.  

Here's a question for you guys. Hypothetically, what if Obama was a republican and ran, and McCain was democrat and ran?  Who would have won?

Hugs for Terrorists

#8    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,125 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

If McCain was a democrat, meaning most of his platform would have been totally different, he probably would have won too. I think that country blames a lot of the problems with the economy and the war in Iraq and the state of healthcare on the repulicans, whether that's right or not.

#9    Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

Godsnmbr1 on Jan 22 2009, 01:25 PM, said:

Ok, ignore the presidential election.  Obviously Obama was going to win against McCain and Palin.  What about Hillary though?  He would have never even made it past the primaries.

Would hillary have even been in the picture if she were a man?

#10    Bez

Bez

Psychic Spy

• 1,010 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:32 PM

Neognosis on Jan 22 2009, 02:21 PM, said:

If McCain was a democrat, meaning most of his platform would have been totally different, he probably would have won too. I think that country blames a lot of the problems with the economy and the war in Iraq and the state of healthcare on the repulicans, whether that's right or not.

See I kind of think that Obama got the nomination from the democrats because he was black.  Kind of an ace in the hole.  His appearance is everything Bush isn't.  A short old white republican who messed a lot up will be replaced by a short old white republican or a tall black democrat.  Rubber band effect.

Hugs for Terrorists

#11    eqgumby

eqgumby

Telekinetic

• 7,576 posts

• If you have genuine psi-powers, you can change the world overnight. So do it, or stop playing Dragon-Ball Z with my brain!

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:33 PM

Wow, this is like, EXACTLY the same as another thread.
Yes, Obama is where he is in large part because of his race. Just like the last 43 presidents (did I get that right?).

Credentials/Background<--This is a link!

It's not about tolerance and it's certainly not about searching for truth. It's about the chic of the intelligentsia. ---  Harmon-E Cherry
http://chzgifs.files...chucknorris.gif

#12    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,125 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

See I kind of think that Obama got the nomination from the democrats because he was black. Kind of an ace in the hole.

I don't think being black was a sure thing. I'm relatively certain that picking a black candidate was a gamble. But so would have been picking a woman.  There was a lot of talk that people would pull up short of voting for a black man.

His appearance is everything Bush isn't. A short old white republican who messed a lot up will be replaced by a short old white republican or a tall black democrat.

I did't think bush was short. He's short? Well, if people vote for stupid reasons like height and skin color, or accent or marital status or any of that nonsense, we don't deserve to have a good leader.

#13    Bez

Bez

Psychic Spy

• 1,010 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

Neognosis on Jan 22 2009, 02:41 PM, said:

I did't think bush was short. He's short? Well, if people vote for stupid reasons like height and skin color, or accent or marital status or any of that nonsense, we don't deserve to have a good leader.

Shorter than Obama.  It's like the earth is big...but compared to the sun it's small.  That kind of thing.  

And as for the bolded part:  Neo...this is America.  What do you expect?  I would say at least 50% of voters don't know what's going on when they hear a debate on tv.

Hugs for Terrorists

#14    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,125 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

I would say at least 50% of voters don't know what's going on when they hear a debate on tv.

That's been very apparent over the past decade.

#15    Kevin7557

Kevin7557

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• This is just a shell. Even if you were to strike it down another would rise in its place. I am infinite! QAI

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

Godsnmbr1 on Jan 22 2009, 01:10 PM, said:

And yes, this is just the perspective of a white American.  Obama's support within the black community would obviously be a different matter.

You know it is statements like that that promote the current racial problem in america as you can not see yourself a human being but rather as a white person. And yes blacks have the same problem even though most claim to want to end racism they are more racist then the KKK. You can disagree all you want that doesn't make it untrue. But I am not going to prattle on about racism as that would need a different thread.

As for the topic of the forum. Ha ha ha ha ha ha....HA ha ha ha ha ha. Well enough said. Yes america has deluded themselves greatly in this matter. Though I haven't. They mearly chose to believe someone becaus they were promised a end to their suffering and didn't want to look at what was actually going on in front of their own faces along with past evidence of Obama which doesn't go to well for him.

Edited by Kevin7557, 22 January 2009 - 09:09 PM.

Be good or the Boogeyman will come and get you and punish you for your sins.

Posted Image
Deus est vigilo vos. Nos es vigilo deus.
That Jesus Christ guy is getting some terrible lag... it took him 3 days to respawn!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users