Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Would Obama still be president....

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#61    Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

Repoman on Jan 27 2009, 08:18 AM, said:

Why can't you brainiacs get it - I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE PRIMARIES - P R I M A R I E S.

If the black vote would have split out even 55-45 in favor of Obama, CLINTON WOULD HAVE WON THE PRIMARY. As I said - ANY democrat would have beaten McCain.

And close your yap about my being racist (please sir?). Just because I'm not a drooling PC Obama sack-sniffer doesn't make me racist.

You don't know that. I would have voted McCain if it were between him and Clinton. I think McCain was pandering to his party in order to get the nomination. His actions, once in office, would have been far more to the center than any righty would have prefered. If Clinton would have won the nom, I do not believe McCain would have picked Palin as a running mate. Without that poor choice... I think McCain could have won. Not against Obama... But against Clinton? Sure.

#62    Repoman

Repoman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

Dr. Peter Venkman on Jan 23 2009, 12:50 PM, said:

And you are choosing to ignore the huge number of people who didn't vote for him based upon his race. Which does what to the race issue in this election?.....negates it. DUN DUN DUUUUNNN. understand?
Not true. The racism showed during the democrat primaries where the blacks voted well over 90% for Obama. If the black vote would have been spread out even a few points more evenly, Clinton would have won the primaries and Obama would not be president.

I have always said there exists another possibility for these amazing numbers. Maybe it wasn't racism. Maybe it was a freak statistical anomaly. Maybe each black person did carefully analyze the platforms of all the candidates and just all happened to vote for Obama. Maybe if Obama and Clinton switched bodies before the primaries 90%+ of blacks would have voted for Clinton.

But my money is on racism - pure and simple. That is why I voted Republican for the first time in my life. It made me sick to even think about pulling the lever for a person that is only on the ballot because a bunch of racist siliplushes voted for him in the primaries.

Dr. Peter Venkman on Jan 27 2009, 09:02 AM, said:

You don't know that. I would have voted McCain if it were between him and Clinton.
Maybe you are right. But the net result is still that Obama would not be president.

Edited by Repoman, 27 January 2009 - 05:27 PM.

#63    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

Dr. Peter Venkman on Jan 22 2009, 01:30 PM, said:

Would hillary have even been in the picture if she were a man?

Hillary is not a man? Dang I thought that was why Ole Bill was stepping out all the time.

#64    Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

Plainbob13 on Jan 27 2009, 12:28 PM, said:

Hillary is not a man? Dang I thought that was why Ole Bill was stepping out all the time.

tongue.gif

#65    Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

Repoman on Jan 27 2009, 12:25 PM, said:

Not true. The racism showed during the democrat primaries where the blacks voted well over 90% for Obama. If the black vote would have been spread out even a few points more evenly, Clinton would have won the primaries and Obama would not be president.

I have always said there exists another possibility for these amazing numbers. Maybe it wasn't racism. Maybe it was a freak statistical anomaly. Maybe each black person did carefully analyze the platforms of all the candidates and just all happened to vote for Obama. Maybe if Obama and Clinton switched bodies before the primaries 90%+ of blacks would have voted for Clinton.

But my money is on racism - pure and simple. That is why I voted Republican for the first time in my life. It made me sick to even think about pulling the lever for a person that is only on the ballot because a bunch of racist siliplushes voted for him in the primaries.

Maybe you are right. But the net result is still that Obama would not be president.

you're trying to tell me that were not democrats that didn't vote for Obama because he was black? I ask again, Where do you get your stats from?

#66    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:58 PM

Dr. Peter Venkman on Jan 27 2009, 11:54 AM, said:

you're trying to tell me that were not democrats that didn't vote for Obama because he was black? I ask again, Where do you get your stats from?

I think. Now don,t hold me to it. That blacks only voted for obama was because he was black. I think thats it.

#67    Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

Plainbob13 on Jan 27 2009, 12:58 PM, said:

I think. Now don,t hold me to it. That blacks only voted for obama was because he was black. I think thats it.

How many women voted for Clinton because she was a woman? How many black women for that matter. I'm just curious as to where he gets his statistics. thats all.

#68    Plainbob13

Plainbob13

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

Dr. Peter Venkman on Jan 27 2009, 12:01 PM, said:

How many women voted for Clinton because she was a woman? How many black women for that matter. I'm just curious as to where he gets his statistics. thats all.

Very good questions.

#69    Kevin7557

Kevin7557

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• This is just a shell. Even if you were to strike it down another would rise in its place. I am infinite! QAI

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:16 PM

Dr. Peter Venkman on Jan 27 2009, 01:01 PM, said:

People not all have a tendency to vote for people who are simular to them. THough I didn't know that it was that high. Here's a few links.
Link One

Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men.
Link
There are some links.

Be good or the Boogeyman will come and get you and punish you for your sins.

Posted Image
Deus est vigilo vos. Nos es vigilo deus.
That Jesus Christ guy is getting some terrible lag... it took him 3 days to respawn!

#70    Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

Kevin7557 on Jan 27 2009, 02:16 PM, said:

People not all have a tendency to vote for people who are simular to them. THough I didn't know that it was that high. Here's a few links.
Link One

Fully 96 percent of black voters supported Obama and constituted 13 percent of the electorate, a 2-percentage-point rise in their national turnout. As in past years, black women turned out at a higher rate than black men.
Link
There are some links.

Thanks for your info Kev, however the first link only refers to South Carolina. And the second link is about the general election. We're just discussing primaries right now.

#71    Kevin7557

Kevin7557

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

• This is just a shell. Even if you were to strike it down another would rise in its place. I am infinite! QAI

Posted 27 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

Dr. Peter Venkman on Jan 27 2009, 02:30 PM, said:

Thanks for your info Kev, however the first link only refers to South Carolina. And the second link is about the general election. We're just discussing primaries right now.

LOL. Yeah but it just goes to show pattern. I didn't read them completly. But if 96 percent voted in the election it is reasonable that they did in the primaries.

On the subject I don't think they all voted for him cause he was black. Some probally liked his message. Some only vote democrat and the rest voted for him cause he was black. THough it would be interesting to see statistics on which voted for which.

Be good or the Boogeyman will come and get you and punish you for your sins.

Posted Image
Deus est vigilo vos. Nos es vigilo deus.
That Jesus Christ guy is getting some terrible lag... it took him 3 days to respawn!

#72    Repoman

Repoman

Psychic Spy

• 1,519 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

Dr. Peter Venkman on Jan 27 2009, 12:54 PM, said:

I posted the link to the polling data on another thread. I apologize, but right now I am too damn lazy to do a simple Google search that will answer all your questions. I'm sure you already tried or you wouldn't have asked. I am sorry you couldn't figure out how Google works.

The fact that there may have been some democrats that didn't vote for Obama because he was black does nothing to erase the fact that 95% of blacks voted for Obama.
Even if only 65% voted for Obama (still a disgusting display of racist BS), Hillary would have won the primaries.

What amazes me is that there are still people that have a problem with admitting that Obama got elected because he was black. I would have thought that this fact would bring smirks of glee to the faces of all the people that like to denigrate the USA. I assumed you guys would be using this obvious fact to begin slinging slogans around like "YEAH! YOU CAN'T BUST ON US NO MO' 'FINNA WE BE 'LECTIN' YOU OUT OF OFFICE AND Stuff<=== LOL! "STUFF" it is hilarious that there actually exist people that don't yet understand that even kids understand and use words like "****".   - oooooops - censored. D'OH!

Edited by Repoman, 28 January 2009 - 12:59 AM.

#73    Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:58 AM

Repoman on Jan 27 2009, 07:54 PM, said:

I posted the link to the polling data on another thread. I apologize, but right now I am too damn lazy to do a simple Google search that will answer all your questions. I'm sure you already tried or you wouldn't have asked. I am sorry you couldn't figure out how Google works.

The fact that there may have been some democrats that didn't vote for Obama because he was black does nothing to erase the fact that 95% of blacks voted for Obama.
Even if only 65% voted for Obama (still a disgusting display of racist BS), Hillary would have won the primaries.

Dude... Chill with the insults. you can act like a tough guy on a message board all you want. It makes ya look a bit foolish though. Mellow out.

The only link that I found referenced data from individual state primaries. I did not ask this to insult you in anyway. I could not find data in reference to the primaries as a whole. if you did, I'd really like to see it, out of my own curiosity. Can you do me a kindness here?

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman, 28 January 2009 - 01:02 AM.

#74    Dr. Peter Venkman

Dr. Peter Venkman

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:00 AM

Repoman on Jan 27 2009, 07:54 PM, said:

What amazes me is that there are still people that have a problem with admitting that Obama got elected because he was black. I would have thought that this fact would bring smirks of glee to the faces of all the people that like to denigrate the USA. I assumed you guys would be using this obvious fact to begin slinging slogans around like "YEAH! YOU CAN'T BUST ON US NO MO' 'FINNA WE BE 'LECTIN' YOU OUT OF OFFICE AND Stuff!".

I don't care why you think he was elected. I'm curious as to where you got your statistics man, thats all. Quit actin like a tough guy man. What are you trying to prove?

#75    Repoman

Repoman

Psychic Spy

• 1,519 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:03 AM

Dr. Peter Venkman on Jan 27 2009, 07:58 PM, said:

you can act like a tough guy on a message board all you want. It makes ya look a bit foolish though.
Thanks for the introduction - is there anything I can do for you?

Dr. Peter Venkman on Jan 27 2009, 07:58 PM, said:

Can you do me a kindness here?
Sure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users