Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mushrushu

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

legionromanes on Feb 5 2009, 04:39 PM, said:

lol I'm amazed at the way that your preconceived beliefs have led you so far into la la land without you noticing

tell me

was Bel Marduk also able to transform himself into a dragon ?

thumbsup.gif

or if you find it easier, how about the head of the KKK,

or how about Vlad Tepes ?

w00t.gif

As a more adult frenquenter of these forums has commented, I never said that I personally believe every wacky dragon legend.  In fact, I give no credence to many of them.  I already stated that Marduk and Tiamat were simply made up to give a new city more prestige, just as a dragon was added to St George 1000 years afterwards.

You have no idea what my beliefs are.  You have proven this several times.  As many here know, my research and theories have NOTHING to do with the ideas of modern fantasy writers and D&D nonsense about dragons.  You only make yourself more foolish as you persist with these childish remarks and comments.

Edited by draconic chronicler, 05 February 2009 - 11:08 PM.

#62    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

draconic chronicler on Feb 5 2009, 05:06 PM, said:

As a more adult frenquenter of these forums has commented, I never said that I personally believe every wacky dragon legend.  In fact, I give no credence to many of them.  I already stated that Marduk and Tiamat were simply made up to give a new city more prestige, just as a dragon was added to St George 1000 years afterwards.

You have no idea what my beliefs are.  You have proven this several times.  As many here know, my research and theories have NOTHING to do with the ideas of modern fantasy writers and D&D nonsense about dragons.  You only make yourself more foolish as you persist with these childish remarks and comments.

What you have never answered is how you, at one point inferred you had some type of personal relationship with a living dragon? That would make for great debate.

Edited by The Skeptic Eric Raven, 06 February 2009 - 04:19 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#63    legionromanes

legionromanes

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:15 PM

so youre just going to ignore the fact that people have used epithets since the beginning of civilisation then
because it doesn't allow you to believe in dragons that can morph into human beings

whats the difference between Vlad Tepes whos epithet was Dracul and Enki's epithet of dragon ?

and again your examples are off topic, this is a discussion about the Mushussu, not all dragons, your earlier examples were again Usumgal. You'll need to understand the specifics, I'm even giving you a couple of days to get this into your head before I destroy your latest post in the formal debate, so you got time to go change it if you like into something relevant to the discussion
thumbsup.gif

#64    OldTimer97

OldTimer97

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

• "Always beware of the sound of one hand clapping"

Posted 06 February 2009 - 05:45 AM

draconic chronicler on Jan 31 2009, 04:42 PM, said:

Not pets.  Chinese Dragons were weather controlling gods that if angered, were believed to cause terrible storms or drought.  Yes, there were official civil servants to take care of visiting dragons, and lists of dignitaries allowed to fly on their backs.  There is one account of a dragon being given a keg of wine for helping move a junk off of a sand bar.

I'd heard about the weather aspect, but I find the rest of what's here intriguing as well.  If it's no trouble, I want to see the sources for these stories, especially the one about moving the junk.  I would very much like to add them to my research bank.  
Thank you in advance.

I refuse to write anything here...

#65    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

OldTimer97 on Feb 5 2009, 11:45 PM, said:

I'd heard about the weather aspect, but I find the rest of what's here intriguing as well.  If it's no trouble, I want to see the sources for these stories, especially the one about moving the junk.  I would very much like to add them to my research bank.  
Thank you in advance.

It is taken out of an old book that recounts Chinese dragon legends in detail.  It was on the internet, and I will try to find it again.  It also mentions real accounts of young women being sacrificed to River dragons up to relatively modern times which I was surprised to read.

#66    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

legionromanes on Feb 5 2009, 05:15 PM, said:

so youre just going to ignore the fact that people have used epithets since the beginning of civilisation then
because it doesn't allow you to believe in dragons that can morph into human beings

whats the difference between Vlad Tepes whos epithet was Dracul and Enki's epithet of dragon ?

and again your examples are off topic, this is a discussion about the Mushussu, not all dragons, your earlier examples were again Usumgal. You'll need to understand the specifics, I'm even giving you a couple of days to get this into your head before I destroy your latest post in the formal debate, so you got time to go change it if you like into something relevant to the discussion
thumbsup.gif

The intelligent dragons that world wide accounts state were revered as gods and fed and pampered, could very easily cause primitive human worshippers to believe they could "moprh" into a human form with the aid of a human surrogate willing to play the role.

The Sumerian hymns do sometimes say a god might be as virile as a bull, but that they ARE a literal Great Serpent Dragon, which is a god-form in many human cultures.  Some of these gods are carefully depicted as a dragon, or both Dragon and Humanoid God side by side.

As for Ushumgal and Mushushu, my last debate post shows that experts in Sumerology identify these as the same creature, with only different names.  Ushumgal - Sumerian and  Mushrushuu - Akkadian

Although people clearly believed dragons were real in the time of Vlad Tepes, no one claimed he could change into a dragon or that he controlled one.  The epithet of 'little dragon' was simply because his father was a member of an elite Christian order called the Order of the Dragon, which in fact, had no evil overtones, because at this time, dragons were believed to be powerful heavenly creatures that were believed would be sent to destroy all the wicked in the world on Judgement day.  

#67    louis_last

louis_last

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

• A lie isn't a side of a story. It's just a lie.

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:17 PM

The Skeptic Eric Raven on Feb 5 2009, 11:14 PM, said:

What you have never answered is how you, at one point inferred you had some type of personal relationship with a living dragon? That would make for great debate.

what? WHAT? did he?

money doesn't have owners, just spenders.

#68    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

louis_last on Feb 7 2009, 08:17 AM, said:

what? WHAT? did he?

He inferred it at one point a long time ago. I would love to hear him talk about it. yes.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#69    SkullofBears

SkullofBears

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:15 AM

The Skeptic Eric Raven on Feb 6 2009, 12:14 AM, said:

That is completely hilarious, I want to hear more! rofl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users