Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

9/11 - What is true about it?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Debate-Bot

UM-Debate-Bot

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

MrRandomGuy vs checktheevidencedotcom

This is a formal 1 vs 1 debate, full details on how the debate system works can be found in our Debates FAQ. The debate will begin with an introductory opening post from each participant followed by 4 body posts and finally a conclusion.

The computer has randomly chosen MrRandomGuy to post first.

MrRandomGuy is arguing in favour of What we were told is true

checktheevidencedotcom is arguing in favour of What we were told is a lie

Once the debate is complete the thread will be open to member comments.

This is an automated posting or private message.

If you have a question about the debates please visit the Debates Board FAQ.

#2    MrRandomGuy

MrRandomGuy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

Introduction

September 11, 2001 was a tragic day for many people.  While it is accepted by the public that what we were told happened is true, there has always been someone that stands up and yells "conspiracy!"  While there may have been some trivial untrue statements made by the government or other people about what happened, the basic sense of what we were told is true.  Commercial planes crashed into the WTC, Pentagon, and in Pennsylvania because Muslim extremists hijacked them in order to attack America with their misguided interpretation of Jihad (Holy War)

Throughout this debate, I will go over the evidence and just basic common sense that the above did happen.  With that, I give the floor to my opponent.

#3    TK0001

TK0001

THIMK!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 01:50 PM

I'm going to have to give the win to MrRandomGuy on this one.

#4    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

The Sum of All Bears

• 5,524 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:51 AM

I concur, seeing as how checktheevidencedotcom didn't show up - its almost like it was a conspiracy to get people to go to a site...

UM Rules | Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252hrs/4y+, View: Ideomotor

#5    Q24

Q24

Government Agent

• 3,921 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

TK0001 on Apr 18 2009, 02:50 PM, said:

I'm going to have to give the win to MrRandomGuy on this one.

I agree… which goes to show that you don’t always have to be right to win a debate   laugh.gif

Operation Northwoods was a 1962 plan by the US Department of Defense to cause acts of violence, blamed on Cuba, in order to generate U.S. public support for military action against the Cuban government. The plan called for various false flag actions, such as staged terrorist attacks and plane hijackings, on U.S. and Cuban soil.

#6    Pseudo Intellectual

Pseudo Intellectual

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 5,607 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

MrRandomGuy is arguing in favour of What we were told is true

checktheevidencedotcom is arguing in favour of What we were told is a lie

Doesn't that mean they're both arguing in favor of the same thing?

#7    TheFreedomThinker

TheFreedomThinker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

Pseudo-Intellectual on Apr 20 2009, 01:26 AM, said:

Doesn't that mean they're both arguing in favor of the same thing?

i would like to know the evidence

#8    Guest_Claire So....Strange_*

Guest_Claire So....Strange_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2009 - 11:01 PM

I think that the anti-christ (george w bush) set up 9/11 to profit from insurance policies with some tycoons he knew that owned the building.
And a few people he may have wanted to dissipate probably happened to be in the building at the time?.
Or maybe the Bush Administration wanted evidence in the building against their corruption distroyed?.
Or maybe Bush struck a deal with the militants and gained something from giving them clearance to hijack planes, maybe oil?.

#9    TheResearcher

TheResearcher

Psychic Spy

• 1,060 posts

• Et tu, Brute?

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:37 AM

Claire So....Strange on May 19 2009, 12:01 AM, said:

I think that the anti-christ (george w bush) set up 9/11 to profit from insurance policies with some tycoons he knew that owned the building.
And a few people he may have wanted to dissipate probably happened to be in the building at the time?.
Or maybe the Bush Administration wanted evidence in the building against their corruption distroyed?.
Or maybe Bush struck a deal with the militants and gained something from giving them clearance to hijack planes, maybe oil?.

People like you are worrying  mellow.gif

A man who will do his duty
Posted Image

#10    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,811 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 10 June 2009 - 05:00 PM

Debate status changed to [Open] due to one participant failing to show up

#11    Igorokk

Igorokk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:43 PM

I think that its pretty bad right about now, the economy. Instead of being afraid of the market right now, people should be spending more into retailers etc. Which will keep them alive, and encourage growth in times like these, even. With people pumping money into the econmy, its got no where to go but right back to them. It takes everybody together to get out of this slump, and with people not being useful when it comes to spending, it will just get worse. The more money being spent, the more tax money being generated, and, it going back into the companies, which levels out everything. We shouldnt depend on the government like we have been for them to take care of the companies

#12    Agent X

Agent X

Illustrious Potentate Of All Time Space And Matter

• 5,086 posts

• Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:29 AM

i would like to know the evidence

Then I'd suggest starting here:

http://forums.randi.org/local_links.php?catid=18

This is a bunch of links that is devoted to the debunking of 911 "Truthers" (how ironic) conspiracy junk.

Posted Image

#13    jordiver

jordiver

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:56 PM

After JFK i wonder why can u still believe in anything the US goverment has to say.

Edited by jordiver, 13 July 2009 - 11:56 PM.

This is a deep thought.... subsoil.

#14    Agent X

Agent X

Illustrious Potentate Of All Time Space And Matter

• 5,086 posts

• Invent nonsense computer jargon in conversations, and see if people play along to avoid the appearance of ignorance.

Posted 16 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

Hey, you're the government stooge spreading the disinformation, not me.

Posted Image

#15    *Quinn*

*Quinn*

Left Field

• Closed
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

jordiver on Jul 13 2009, 07:56 PM, said:

After JFK i wonder why can u still believe in anything the US goverment has to say.

Just shows how little most people care.

Even worse, there are those that believe the government played a role in the murder of JFK, yet they'll still act as if it was "so long" ago that it's not a big deal anymore.

And oh, the fact MK-Ultra was real, and the government has acknowledged it, is no big deal to most people either. You know, who cares that they experimented with mind control on unwilling and unknowing citizens.

Yet people still think the government is trustworthy and are willing to overlook these occurences. It's sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users