Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

prove me wrong

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#1    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

• Ignorance I can handle, stupidity I can't.

Posted 10 April 2004 - 02:39 AM

there's so much knowledge out there that i'm starting to think when we die we just rot and nothing else happens after death. prove me right or wrong please, because i just want something to believe in whether it's that i just cease to exist (although that is not what i would prefer) or that we do have souls or spirits or something besides these stupid bodies. please don't preach a lot either cuz i was raised in a christian home so i know all that crap. thanks for any input. huh.gif

Edited by MoonBaby, 20 May 2004 - 09:31 PM.

"This concept of 'wub' confuses and infuriates us!"
~Futurama <---- the aliens

#2    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 02:48 AM

Nooo problem! You can beleive what you want, nothing like this is universally right or wrong no matter how good or bad, you will have to choose what is right and wrong by yourself, we cannot make that choice for you..

I am confused by your question...do you want to hear some beleifes people have? I know some if you want to hear.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#3    Universal Absurdity

Universal Absurdity

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,592 posts

• You wont win.

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:13 AM

Itis my opinion that there is energy, in your body, that could be called your soul, chi, or ki, depending on where in the world that you are. . and if einstein is correct, energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only change form. So some part of you does go on after you die. Whether or not your energy is conscious is up to you to figure out

I do not , however believe that memory can be retained and recalled by chemicals, hormones, tissue, and small amounts of electricity in the brain. There is something else in there that is who we are, our soul , personality, ego ...etc...
And since no such thing has actually been located by science. I think it to be a form of energy that is conscious and does go on after death.

I hope my opinion has helped.

Ű∩ίvệѓα|ΛЬşűяđĬŧỵ

Founder Of The Animated Avatar Workshop
43 things

#4    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:27 AM

somebody better talk to me or i'll cry

#5    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:27 AM

Mind over matter, mind over everything!

If you believe in heaven, then you're going to heaven (whatever your ideal heaven is)
If you believe in reincarnation, you will be reincarnated.
If you believe in no afterlife, that's it, you're done.

Everybody happy?  laugh.gif  

#6    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,346 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (MoonBaby @ Apr 9 2004, 09:39 PM)
prove me right or wrong please

If there was sufficient proof, it would be documented. So basically, this question is rhetoric.  wink2.gif  

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#7    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:38 AM

laugh.gif  Psychic Penguin  laugh.gif

Hmm..
Christians, And Jews beleive that if you Sin, you go to hell, if you are a good little girl or boy, you go to heaven!
If you are a Viking, you better be an honorable warrior to travel to Valhalla!
You could beleive that you are reincarnated again and again until you reach Nirvana --- (End of reincarnation 'rebirth', peace, ETC)
Im not sure about Buddhists, but I know they have ways of controlling their anger and such..
You could want to sin and join the devil or evil in a dark place or hell, there are some advantages; it's never cold.
Umm...let me think...You could be Satanic (No they do not worship Satan) and share their beleifes.
You could take the scientific way out...
You could create your own religion and go by crazy beleifs.
You could share death beleifs of New-Agers
I can't think of any more...it's late...But I can tell you what I beleive...sort-of...
I kind of beleive in the reincarnation theory, but in a slightly different manner. There have been others discussed here, I remember one about how this is just one plain, and as you die and get higher you can become godly, giving us lower plain people gods, and you can go lower then this and go to hell.  thumbsup.gif  

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#8    Lady Sabrina

Lady Sabrina

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:43 AM

If there was sufficient proof, it would be documented. So basically, this question is rhetoric.  wink2.gif

I agree & think proof of what you believe mostly comes from your own experiences in life. It's not the type of thing someone can lay on a table & say here it is.  original.gif  

Lady Sabrina.

Webmaster: Deb's Web Haven

Forum Mod: The Supernatural World Forums

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.
Anne Frank

#9    Laudicus

Laudicus

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

• One must lose before they can win.

Posted 10 April 2004 - 03:52 AM

I believe that humans have no purpose, and no afterlife.  After all, life as we know it is merely a collection of molecules, formed into cells.  Our bodies are composed of billions upon billions of little simple cells.  I think that when we die, we are simply food for another form of life, just like any other lifeless matter like rocks are food for lichen.  As for energy not being converted and moved: as all things rot their energy turns to thermal energy.  Compost is a good example: it gets warm inside a composter when all is rotting.  Also, the maggots that eat us ( blink.gif ) gain the remaining energy from us.

Aw, well...  That's just me.  Regardless of what happens after we die, I just want to make the most of my life while I still have it.

#10    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 04:00 AM

Yep it is a retoric question, that's my problem. I guess what my problem is, is I grew up in a home where the Bible and Christianity were the only things taught, so I was ignorant to any other religions. Now I'm married, in college and getting exposure to the real world and it's way overwhelming because...well because I was so sheltered, but never really bought in to Christianity. All this really got bad a few months ago when I was in a really bad car wreck, almost died, was in a coma for a while yadda, yadda. It's like, as I healed from the head injury I became a different person; more aware of the world, univers, me, everything and less concerned with triviality. In six months I've been through a lot of different stages. I went through a there is a god stage, a there isn't a god stage, a wiccan stage and a couple of others but I forgot. Now I'm going through this scientific stage and I'm learning crap about the physical realm, and the physical realm scares me. Because what if this universe was just formed because of antimatter crap and were just a fluke. Because it is very possible that we just came along with the evolutinary process especially when you consider how big theuniverse that we can see is (and that's not mentioning what we can't see yet). That red shift thing scares the crap out of me because what if that's where the universe exploded or whatever from. It's like, I never knew about all of this stuff before and now that I do I'm scared that humans have simply made up a god and a soul in their heads to make themselves feel better about being alive and it's something to make this life seem better. And I don't want to think that but that's where the evidence I have is leaning, and I guess what I want is evidence that points in the other direction.  blink.gif  crying.gif  sad.gif  dontgetit.gif And I want hard evidence on top of personal experiences, but more hard (scientific) evidence because I've heard lots of personal experiences. Any more clarification on what I'm looking for? Because I don't think I'm really sure. I just want to learn all I can (that's my new hobby) and come to my own conclusions because I've never done that before.  

#11    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:05 AM

I believe that humans have no purpose, and no afterlife.

Laudicus, does believing that bother you? I mean, cuz if there's no point to this, then why stay? If there's not a point, you don't do it right? What's the point of playing a board game? To prove some kind of supremacy. What's the point of having a job? To make money. What's the point of buying a new surround sound system? To filfill a desire. There is a point to everthing we do or else we don't do it. So if we have no purpose, we have no point, therefore why are you still here? Think about this. Why are you on your computer in a discussion forum on souls? What's the point?

#12    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:07 AM

QUOTE (Laudicus @ Apr 10 2004, 04:52 PM)
I believe that humans have no purpose, and no afterlife.  After all, life as we know it is merely a collection of molecules, formed into cells.  Our bodies are composed of billions upon billions of little simple cells.  I think that when we die, we are simply food for another form of life, just like any other lifeless matter like rocks are food for lichen.  As for energy not being converted and moved: as all things rot their energy turns to thermal energy.  Compost is a good example: it gets warm inside a composter when all is rotting.  Also, the maggots that eat us ( blink.gif ) gain the remaining energy from us.

Aw, well...  That's just me.  Regardless of what happens after we die, I just want to make the most of my life while I still have it.

If the only purpose in life is to feed the worms , then at least it has some purpose .
original.gif  

#13    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:17 AM

Also, have you ever pulled out money from your pocket and put it in a salvation army's chritmas pot/ Why did you do that? Have you ever felt empathy for someone else for a bad situation they are/were in? Why did you feel that? Have you ever felt bad for the way that you treated someone? Why did you feel that way? If there's no point of having some organ, our bodies tend to slowly get rid of it over the course of evolution. So why have emotions been evident for a very long time if there is no purpose for them? On that note, why would we have devoloped them at all if there was no point to them?

#14    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:57 AM

If the only purpose in life is to feed the worms , then at least it has some purpose .

See, I wish I could be ok with this life being just that, but I can't. I've tried. A lot. Doesn't work. In fact, it's really annoying to me that I can't be just freakin normal and not worry about that.  disgusted.gif  uppydown.gif  disgust.gif Those are pretty fun.

#15    Venomshocker

Venomshocker

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

• "Everything you are for strengthens you, everything you are against weakens you."

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:07 AM

Moonbaby heres some things to think about.

Over 40% of scientists in the US believe in a God, and therefore purpose.
Evoloution has not been proven scientifically. Because theres no proof of speciation.
If certain physists are correct about the speed of light the universe may be only about 8000-10000 years old, and therefore evoloution would be impsossible and there would have to be a creator.
And the human body is not just cells and chemicals, there is also energy, of some kind.
Learning is what life is all about. If we didnt have to learn, life would be boring. Figuring out whether there is a God or not gives us purpose, and therefore also meaning.Since you want to learn as much as you can, Ill leave these two links with you. They've helped me define what I believe in, mayby they can help you too.

http://nujournal.net/choice.html
http://www.leaderu.com/offices/billcraig/index.html

Gestalt Reality
"Ultimately there is no such thing as meaning, only experience and creativity."  ~ Pleiadians

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users