Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

prove me wrong

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

#31    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 April 2004 - 11:09 AM

... There is something weird about that nujournal page. I agree that it is quite an interesting theory, but I have a problem with the College experiment mentioned. I cannot find it in the reference section.

On the outskirts of a large metropolis, a group of highly intelligent college students was given a project: to investigate the "strange" behaviour of electromagnetic (EM) waves in the frequency range around 1.9 GHz, without being told that this frequency range is used for the digital mobile phone network.

The article does not mention which university it is, who they are, and where the experiment result can be obtained. If the students are realy intelligent, they should know about electromagnetic interference, and the first theory they should came up with is earthbound interference, maybe from radio waves or cellphones.

They are not going to put all of their effort to develop a theory, but rather do a research on what the possible cause is, and see if anybody else ever explained the phenomena. From the story, what the students did was not natural at all, and I suspect the story might be fabricated.

On a side note, if we are created by natural processes and without a creator, then we don't have any purpose for the creator, but we are free to put any purpose for ourselves. A computer definitely has a purpose, but would you rather be a computer or a human being?

#32    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

• Ignorance I can handle, stupidity I can't.

Posted 11 April 2004 - 06:02 PM

PsycicPenguin... There is something weird about that nujournal page. I agree that it is quite an interesting theory, but I have a problem with the College experiment mentioned. I cannot find it in the reference section.

rolleyes.gif I agree with that, and that thought did cross my mind while reading it, but the way I used the informatin was this:

*bitch-slap* Hey stupid THERE"S WAY more out there than you can even imagine, so get over yourself.

Can anybody tell me how to get rid of spywear, cuz it's really starting to make me angry disgust.gif . it keeps crashing my browser, turning on caps lock, taking me away from the page i'm on, fun stuff.

Back to what I was saying:

Even if it was made up, a study like that is in fact probable, and that's what matters to me. Because what if there is a whole other plane of existence right here on earth that no technology today can pick up on? I'll go back to my favorite saying in the world by Tommy Lee
"A thousand years ago
everybody knew as a fact, that the earth
was the center of the universe. Five
hundred years ago, they knew it was flat.
Fifteen minutes ago, you knew we humans
were alone on the planet. Imagine what you'll know
tomorrow."

I kind of lost sight of that because Christianity (or just the thought of living for a god only) didn't work for me any more and I thought that was the only way, and I didn't know where to turn, so I just went towards we are nothing and were just walking balls of energy and matter and what not. But now I'm a lot better, I think. wacko.gif  These last six or seven months after that really bad wreck I was in, have been really soul searching months for me. Also, I read something about the pineal gland becoming more active after severe head trauma, so maybe it has something to do with that? dontgetit.gif

I fully appreciate your honesty. You've spilled your story a lot; is there anything personal you'd like to know from we who have been writing? Maybe you've got some wisdom for us. ---trublvr

I like to listen to anything anybody feels is worth saying (as long as it's not about freakin hair or nails or freakin trivial crap). I think it's really interesting to listen to other people and their experiences and see how it came across to them. Because everybody in this world views things differently. We may find people that we have a lot in common with, but not everything. I like seeing how people deal with crap, and learn from how they dealt with it, or offer insight if they need and/or ask for it. I'm bad sometimes about just throwin' my opinion out there. I should listen more. I'm rambeling so I'll shut up now before I get on my nerves.

Other than that, I've just got a lot of shaky theories on how the world works (from a more philisophical point of view) and I'm trying to learn more about people's views on life, liberty, the persuit of happiness. Oh yeah, and I like hearing scientific crap about the universe or things that I can put into my philisophical theories. And my favorite food is.... grin2.gif  not really.

ok, next....

Nethius
what does the belief of a god have to do why you do things? is everything you do to please a god? live for yourself, and others you care about, thats why you should do the things you do, not because you have to prove yourself to some god

First, I would like to say that I like this view:
live for yourself, and others you care about
That's something that I'm still trying to get a hold of myself.

About the rest of it, I'm not looking for a god. I personally don't want to live my life for some supreme being. All that I want to know is that we have something after this be that reincarnation back to this world, another world, being a spirit or whatever you can throw out there. I don't feel it's my place to say what is after this life. I just want to know that there is something else. If I die and there is a god who judges me, I think I'll be ok because I'm a decent person. I like to think I have a good heart (although there is always room for improvement).  I'm just not at peace with the idea that when we die all we are is worm food, although that works for some people. Just like believing in a supreme being works for some. Sometimes people don't like the thought of everything being out of their hands, so they put it in somebody/something elses, and that's ok too. Also, some people need a kind of authority figure to keep them on the right track (the same reason we have government, however bad it sucks sometimes). I am just not satisfied with either of those points of view. Therefore I'm keeping it simple. Do we have souls?
thumbsup.gif whistling2.gif

Everybody have a lovely day

ps: Speaking of men in black, I had a strange thing happen last night. I won't bore everybody but if anyone is interested, let me know.  w00t.gif  

Edited by MoonBaby, 11 April 2004 - 06:13 PM.

"This concept of 'wub' confuses and infuriates us!"
~Futurama <---- the aliens

#33    Monkyburd

Monkyburd

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

• "TIME is an abstract concept created by carbon based life forms to monitor their ongoing decay" ~Thunderclese

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:36 PM

I believe that humans have no purpose, and no afterlife.

Laudicus, does believing that bother you? I mean, cuz if there's no point to this, then why stay? If there's not a point, you don't do it right? What's the point of playing a board game? To prove some kind of supremacy. What's the point of having a job? To make money. What's the point of buying a new surround sound system? To filfill a desire. There is a point to everthing we do or else we don't do it. So if we have no purpose, we have no point, therefore why are you still here? Think about this. Why are you on your computer in a discussion forum on souls? What's the point?

grin2.gif Haven't you seen the Matrix sequels?  Agent Smith rambles endlessly for two movies about meaning and purpose, because without meaning or purpose we as humans are useless.  Neo's response fits perfectly. We continue because we choose to. laugh.gif  laugh.gif  

#34    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:52 PM

yeah, well, you suck. grin2.gif  i did not understand that last movie at all. i think i took too much stuff before isaw it.

#35    Frigga

Frigga

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (MoonBaby @ Apr 10 2004, 06:57 AM)
If the only purpose in life is to feed the worms , then at least it has some purpose .

See, I wish I could be ok with this life being just that, but I can't. I've tried. A lot. Doesn't work. In fact, it's really annoying to me that I can't be just freakin normal and not worry about that.  disgusted.gif  uppydown.gif  disgust.gif Those are pretty fun.

Matter cannot be created nor destroyed. You could spend your whole life thinking of it's purpose. Truth is, you came from something else and something else will come from you. Enjoy this lifetime.

#36    debipatnaik

debipatnaik

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

• you can not prove logically what you can do by faith and belief

Posted 28 April 2004 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Frigga @ Apr 26 2004, 04:57 AM)
Matter cannot be created nor destroyed. You could spend your whole life thinking of it's purpose. Truth is, you came from something else and something else will come from you. Enjoy this lifetime.

[QUOTE]

frigga,

matter can be created and destroyed. I dont understand what you mean.matter can be converted into energy.that is destruction of matter.correct me if I am wrong.

and what will come from us.something that is mortal can not create something immortal.

#37    nickma71

nickma71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:00 PM

there's so much knowledge out there that i'm starting to think when we die we just rot and nothing else happens after death

Talk about a soft ball, try something a little harder next time.

The first LAW of thermal dynamics says we cant create energy or destroy it. So the conscience energy has to do something, go somewhere.

#38    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:31 PM

I would like to thank everyone out there that's replied to this string!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the beginning of finding what I now believe in. I was goin' through a kind of confused time cuz I had shell shock (or Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome as the smart people call it) but this forum actually helped me out a lot. So thanks again to everyone that posted. I especially want to thank venomshocker for the links he gave me. Everyone, thanks again, and have a happy day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  

#39    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,214 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 08:56 PM

The first LAW of thermal dynamics says we cant create energy or destroy it. So the conscience energy has to do something, go somewhere.

What the heck is "conscience energy"?

#40    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:41 AM

What the heck is "conscience energy"?

I think this is when you do something on purpose. whistling2.gif

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#41    Dancing_Dumplings

Dancing_Dumplings

broke.

• 2,653 posts

• <3 Ti amo Eva <3

Posted 19 May 2004 - 11:42 PM

i guess it really depends on what u believe in...i mean there are so many religions out there....so i guess there are that many "heavens" and "hells" in Buddism there are 7 relms of hell...each 1 gettin hotter and hotter as you get lower and lower. hehe then again...if you make up ur own religion then its all good tongue.gif hehe

Memories frozen in time...
^all of my personal photos. Everything I want you to see. Nothing more, nothing less.^

#42    Curiosity

Curiosity

Psychic Spy

• 1,213 posts

• `Twas ignorance that killed the cat.

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:31 AM

I think this also might peak your interest, MoonBaby...
Near-death-experiences

Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing the attempt.
-W. Shakespeare

#43    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,589 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:28 AM

Keep in mind that the brain is still functioning and endorphines are being produced which could cause the NDE dreams.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#44    Curiosity

Curiosity

Psychic Spy

• 1,213 posts

• `Twas ignorance that killed the cat.

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:00 AM

And they all dream almost the same thing?  Highly unlikely.

Our doubts are traitors,
And make us lose the good we oft might win
By fearing the attempt.
-W. Shakespeare

#45    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,589 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 20 May 2004 - 02:46 AM

On the contrary, they dont all dream the same thing. This is the thing, some dream about their relatives and going through a tunnel, others dream about floating around in space, others dream about going towards a white light, and others dont. Our minds work off of what we know and believe, therefor whatever you believe in more can be manifested in your dream.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users